P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Donkelheet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
evilfrost

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 7:25 am    Post subject: Donkelheet Reply with quote

I think that basically anyone owns only the split with dns.But that song alone is worth 100 bands discogrphies.So otherwordly and sad without going depressive.Does the previous material actually exist?Are the releseas listed on metal archives fake as the rips circulating on the web since ages?Does anyone just know anything other than rumours?

Last edited by evilfrost on Tue May 01, 2018 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
darkishdarkness

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend in that small scene showed me who the Donkelheet guy is (he was, at one point, associated with DNS, hence the split), but it's hard to tell if any of the demos he recorded were actually real.
drudj

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, all the myriad demos seem like lore at this point. I remember when the rips started popping up in places like DC++ or Soulseek and they sounded nothing like Emptyness in any capacity. Maybe they were genuine but I wasn't convinced and haven't paid them any mind since.
WolfkultReligion

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That split is great (not for the DNS side). I have no idea if those recordings are really made, let alone distributed at all. I remember looking for thoss demos, but of course didn't find them. If they do exist, someone should dig them up and give them a propper release.
Speerhead

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every few years the name crops up. Great track indeed, would be hard to imagine that was the only thing he recorded.
darkishdarkness

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recall some research about ten years ago which proved a lot of the rips (other than Emptyness) were fakes, especially Wann d'Nuet Rift or however you spell it. A lot of no-name black/funeral doom bands with tags altered to match the information on the now-defunct Donkelheet website.
khamul

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A former friend knew the guy from Donkelheet. He owned two releases from him, the „Wenn d‘Nuecht rift“ CD-R and the compilation tape „Metternuechtswandering“. I have a copy of the tape, but haven’t listened to it in many years. I remember that my former friend told me about other demos, but they were quite bad. I remember the the CD-R to be a thirdclass wannabe Burzum. I was actually positively surprised about the split with DNS. That is by far his best stuff.
WolfkultReligion

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khamul wrote:
A former friend knew the guy from Donkelheet. He owned two releases from him, the „Wenn d‘Nuecht rift“ CD-R and the compilation tape „Metternuechtswandering“. I have a copy of the tape, but haven’t listened to it in many years. I remember that my former friend told me about other demos, but they were quite bad. I remember the the CD-R to be a thirdclass wannabe Burzum. I was actually positively surprised about the split with DNS. That is by far his best stuff.

Would you have a possibility to rip that tape you have?
khamul

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@WolfkultReligion: Maybe, but that would be in a rather distant future as I only have an old and shitty laptop and no ripping software.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: