P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Trey Azagthoth - "Is The Metal Scene Close Minded?"
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pazuzu

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:57 am    Post subject: Trey Azagthoth - "Is The Metal Scene Close Minded?" Reply with quote

From http://www.bravewords.com/news/106095:

Quote:
Guitarist Trey Azagthoth from Florida-based black metallers MORBID ANGEL has posted the following message on his MySpace page:

"Is the metal scene close minded????

Well, is it????
My purpose with this blog is that I have a desire to create some live performance concerts sometime in the future that include a set of Morbid Angel along with sets of the most extreme representatives of industrial, hardcore, terrorcore, jungle drum and bass etc DJs and groups.

EXTREME MUSIC FOR EXTREME PEOPLE!!!! Right???

Well, so it seems there are certain promoters and so called "authorities of the scene" who have some idea that such a gig wont work. Saying that metal people are narrow-minded and hate the various forms of Hardcore DJ Music for one reason or another. Is this true???
People who know me know I am already a freaky freak artist and so then such an idea for crossing over such types of music is amazing,. Exciting!!!

As long as its freakin' HARD HITTING and SICK!!!!!!
So......., Why not I ask.

What is Metal anyway???

For me "metal" is for those who are bored with the constrictions and "safe practices" of the mainstream mentality, just like with any other so called "underground" scene or movement. Metal people wanna get mowed down by viciously sick melodies slamming over an arrangement of beats that twist the body and pull it in all directions. Freak them up. Metal for me is also about self discovery. Not being sheep-like and playing "follow the leader" but rather its about being free to express one's own ideas without the fear of ridicule. If there isn't any guts involved to challenge whatever is the current accepted patterns then there isn't much in possibility for any new things to arise.

What are metal lyrics even about if not about either breaking free from the dominion of some slavery-oppression, or the act of rejoicing in the pleasure of what people have passions about? Of course there are also lyrics about fantasy and mind fuck as well too. !!!=RAWR=!!! Wink
For me it most certainly ISN'T about tribal-group mentality nor mainstream behavioural thinking. Its not about playing it safe either.
What is the mentality of the mainstream???

Seems to me it's quite associated with sheepish behaviours, placing value on "fitting in and the approval of others" instead of the freedoms of self expression.

What defines the term "underground"???

Isn't it when people place what they believe inside of themselves over what is supposedly supported in their exterior mainstream environment???

What is the difference in fabricating a product and creating art????

Where does "trendy-ness" surface and what is it to be trendy??

Isn't it when people cannot find the source of certainties, direction and/or self worth within themselves, specially as in those times when they are alone and not distracted, so therefore they need to base their certainties on how things reflect off of their external environment including their peers?? Adjusting themselves to be considered favourable and to attract the approval of others outside of themselves???
For some people in the world the only thing "real" is that which can be measured by the 5 mundane senses. For them the inner workings are as some mysterious make believe which they sometimes play around with until any serious situation arises and then such things are placed back in the realm of "make believe", they of course fall back to earth and work from whichever foundation they find "certainty" in, no???

Isn't this a formula based on the dependence of others and if so what does this have to do with the freedoms of such a thing as independence???

Where is the "strength" in such a behaviour???

Is it just that maybe its considered "cool "and that's cool enough???

Ok, so the question is, do Metal People only enjoy gigs with a Metal Only Billing???

Do Metal People also enjoy some crossover as long as its freakin over the top EXTREME????

Does anyone even care??? Please chime in."

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
"Order From Chaos, this band knows how to metal and they know how to satan and they most definitely know how to arghgh. It dosen't suck dick and thats why faggots don't like them. I have entered the stillbirth machine, I suggest you cum too."
Mz412

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

has the rockhard literatur washed his brain out?

edit:

this techno shit is boring, maybe he like now combichrist or
dj bobo and hope to find some others to talk about this
supertrooperflyffm music?
Slaughter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I worship his riffs and solos... But as a person he seems to be even more odd than his twisted riffs. It's okay if he's into that shit, but Morbid Angel should be kept far away from any "industrial, hardcore, terrorcore, jungle drum and bass etc DJs and groups."

I think this scenario is better than having him praising shitty bands like Slipknot and The Berzerker.

PS. If you dont want to break your illusion/image of MORBID Angel... Dont watch his myspace pictures!!!!

This myspace blog is even better:
http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=1001&blogID=467134322
Hahah, myspace whore talking about "the scene".
Chit019

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: Trey Azagthoth - "Is The Metal Scene Close Minded?& Reply with quote

Quote:

freaky freak artist
iron tyrant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy's lost his grasp on reality.

He's been playing metal since 25 yrs, he should know some things just don't fucking mix, no matter how hard you try to shove it, without asking on a stupid blog. Walk down the streets and meet your fans at the local record store, you'll hear what they say.

Professor Black wrote:
NWOBHM is not a style of music.
Invictus Productions

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is some of the most ridiculous nonsense I've ever had the misfortune to read. That this guy is in his 40s, has been a standard bearer for Death Metal (and has made that point numerous times over the years) and now wants to gig with dance/industrial/D&B artists beggars belief I think.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does he expect, Metal dudes headbanging to his band then doing the tech step after a while? Hilarious.

I listen to various forms of music. However, this shit will NEVER work live.
The_Elite

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can remember when Ultraviolence supported The Exploited in London- it went down very well with the Exploited fans......... Laughing
Sadovahr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fact a lot of metalheads do enjoy other kinds of music as well but when it comes to what Azagthoth proposed, all these Drum n Shit "experimentations" never were ok for many reasons and never sounded ok. Some things deserve purity...
Ninkaszi187

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind seeing a Morbid Angel/Laibach tour.

Gabber, terrorcore, etc = no thanks.
SepticSchizo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One or two short interludes between metal bamds would have worked. Im talking as break entertainment.
Mz412

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what i see as extreme funny is this:

its now 15 years old Laughing
Devoured Death

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Laibach remixes are killer! As are Laibach! However, I wouldn't want to see any of this stuff live. While I'm into some electronic music, and I don't think it's a bad thing that metalheads should be into other music, this is just a case of it wouldn't work. It's not a case of people being closed minded, it's a case of the scenes are too different, and while obviously there are meeting points, the different forms of music pull different audiences. Putting chavs, artfags and metalheads together in the same venue would be a nightmare.
Xeniteia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devoured Death wrote:
The Laibach remixes are killer!

Especially when one reads that LAIBACH sent the job to other person(s) just to have the job done, because they lacked time, nor interest, though. Very Happy
(Source : Scatopode zine #7, April 1997, a French zine about industrial music, etc)

BTW: If anyone can provide me with other issues of this zine, especially the number 8, that would be great ! Thanks in advance !

On topic, Azagthoth seems to be truly fucked up these days. It's not that his ideas are always silly, but, in a sense he's more utopic than realistic these days...
Asphyxiation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

weird...

but what really blew my mind was the fact that he's removed his tattoo(s) - at least that demon on his right arm. maybe that's nothing new already, but I found this to be extremely strange.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: