P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Inquisition
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Kill with hate
Anxious Death
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
Forever Under
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Incense of Rest
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Into the Infernal Regions of the Ancient Cult
31%
 31%  [ 42 ]
Invoking the Majestic Throne of Satan
21%
 21%  [ 29 ]
Magnificent Glorification of Lucifer
8%
 8%  [ 11 ]
Nefarious Dismal Orations
9%
 9%  [ 13 ]
Ominous Doctrines of the Perpetual Mystical Macrocosm
20%
 20%  [ 27 ]
Obscure Verses for the Multiverse
4%
 4%  [ 6 ]
Bloodshed Across the Empyrean Altar Beyond the Celestial Zenith
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 134

Frozen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject: Inquisition Reply with quote

Mildly tarnished by a badly handled "nazi scandal", underground drama, and a few albums that sound like they were recorded by a cellphone, the early releases of this band remain cult classics, and some of the best black metal to come out of the North America. My first introduction to them was at the 2004 Under The Black Sun festival, where they blew everyone away with the most powerful performance by any band that year. Everything that followed was unfortunately rather subpar, including Magnificent Glorification of Lucifer, when it came to the music, production, and aesthetic presentation. I still feel their marriage with No Colours Records was a missmatch, and that the band could have gone much further artistically had they signed with a superior label such as End All Life.
PaleRider

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36223&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

There has already been a poll.

I‘m going with „Nefarious...“, because it doesn‘t get the worship it deserves. Love all Inquisition up to „Ominous...“ though...
bearsbearsbears

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a shame they cut ties with Kramer, his artwork suited their releases perfectly. I voted Ominous... It was the album I started with, it doesn't let up for a second and thus seems to flow perfectly.

Check out my sale-thread HERE!
crystalspeed

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like everything about Anxious Death, crushing black thrash, the bass lines are insane and the cover artwork is greaaaat.
Death Kvlt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Invoking the Majestic Throne of Satan
Frozen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaleRider wrote:
I‘m going with „Nefarious...“, because it doesn‘t get the worship it deserves. Love all Inquisition up to „Ominous...“ though...

The atrocious production turned a lot of people away from that album, and rightly so. It was completely ruined by Mark Guenther's incompetent sound engineering.
CR99

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anxious Death+Forever Under. Never got too much into their later stuff.
manbeargoat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Invoking is the best, hands down. Seems like many people prefer the debut for maximum kvlt but I think it meanders a bit too much.

The latest record I think is actually very good, and I would probably rank it as their second best after repeated listenings.
funeral-records

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frozen wrote:

The atrocious production turned a lot of people away from that album, and rightly so. It was completely ruined by Mark Guenther's incompetent sound engineering.

Nah, fantastic album. Right up there with Into and Invoking.

I celebrate the entire discography though. Agreed that Kramer's artwork suits the music much better.

Also, the rough mix of Where Darkness is Lord and Death the Beginning (bonus track on Obscure Verses) is one of my favorite Inquisition tracks. Those fucking vocals are perfect.

Last edited by funeral-records on Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Goat & Moon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Inquisition Reply with quote

Frozen wrote:
My first introduction to them was at the 2004 Under The Black Sun festival, where they blew everyone away with the most powerful performance by any band that year.

I recall that performance as one of the best BM live sets ever. That was the one where Dagon stood alone on stage at the end of the set and ended with "Hail the Cult", wasn't it? That was truly magical.

As for the records: Into the Infernal Regions for me. That one will always have a special place. They just haven't reached that kind of dense and occult atmosphere again. Their later records are killer as well but in a different (more aggressive / fast) way.

Hail Inquisition!
Speerhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't really pay any attention to the controversy but then I just read this...talk about digging a deeper hole.

https://www.decibelmagazine.com/2015/07/10/inquisition-frontman-dagon-i-m-not-a-nazi/
hymnsoftheneedlefreak

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Invoking is black metal magic.
Frozen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Inquisition Reply with quote

Goat & Moon wrote:
Frozen wrote:
My first introduction to them was at the 2004 Under The Black Sun festival, where they blew everyone away with the most powerful performance by any band that year.

I recall that performance as one of the best BM live sets ever. That was the one where Dagon stood alone on stage at the end of the set and ended with "Hail the Cult", wasn't it? That was truly magical.

Exactly. The way the artificial fog enveloped him before lifting itself towards the sky was simply out of this world. Monumental.

Goat & Moon wrote:
As for the records: Into the Infernal Regions for me. That one will always have a special place. They just haven't reached that kind of dense and occult atmosphere again. Their later records are killer as well but in a different (more aggressive / fast) way.

Hail Inquisition!

I completely agree. Invoking... came close, but was a bit more processed.
Too Dark Park

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magnificent Glorification of Lucifer, was my first album by them and a firm favourite.
chunks

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can't split Infernal..., Invoking and Ominous.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: