P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Other hobbies besides music
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morbid69

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe in europe good beer is cheap, but most domestic brews here suck, and the best ones are only in a few shops + expensive

Life is tough for a Duvel fan in Australia
ryan_the_snake

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in my puck rocker days I home brewed cider several times, turned out pretty gross but did the trick. If I had more room in my apartment I would love to get back into home brewing, it's really fun.

Other hobbies? Movies, music other than metal, making music, reading and yeah I play Dungeons and Dragons every so often.
Bjorn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morbid69 wrote:
Maybe in europe good beer is cheap, but most domestic brews here suck, and the best ones are only in a few shops + expensive

Man the price of decent imported beer over here is crazy! The only decent Aussie beer is Coopers (unless you go for a more boutique beer) and sometimes that is costing almost up to $50 a carton! You almost need to have a 2nd mortgage to be able to drink decent beer regularly here.

On the Coast the only place i could get Trappist Rochefort has stop selling it! Bastards!!! Haven't seen it any place else to buy either...
Endless Morbidity

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started collecting vintage Star Wars toys at age 10. A few years ago, I sold my collection. I deeply regret doing that now. Every now and then I think about collecting again, but I can't knowing that I had all that shit at one time. It would be foolish to buy a Blue Snaggletooth figure for over $100, when I sold it for that after originally paying $5 for it from some hole-in-the-wall antique store. That was a score.

When I was little, I also had all the Masters of the Universe figures, playsets, vehicles, carrying cases and pretty much everything. I also like the GI Joes from the 80's too. But all-in-all, I can't see myself collecting fucking toys anymore.

I'm very into NES and still regularly buy games and related items. I also like SNES and somewhere down the road, I'd like to get other vintage systems like a Famicom, Genesis (mostly for Altered Beast) and the Atari systems.
iluvu

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cars. another full-bodied curvaceous Metal addiktion. Twisted Evil
Detest Records

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morbid69 wrote:

Duvel rules ... but you should try Orval!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bjorn wrote:

On the Coast the only place i could get Trappist Rochefort has stop selling it! Bastards!!! Haven't seen it any place else to buy either...

Last time I got that was from Vintage Cellars in the CBD, but I haven't even been to the city in ages let alone check out that bottle shop

Even coopers tastes like arse for me these days, the only one I can tolerate lately is the James Squire amber ale. All the microbrews I've tried are too carbonated and boring to drink, like mountain goat
templedclxvi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im a very boring guy, only hobbies i really have are playing video games and physical training (im obsessed with getting myself into shape, and slowly becoming a health geek!). i like supernatural stuff, always up for hearing old horror tales and myths/urban legends. also, sometimes i do zazen meditation.
Piotr Sargnagel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morbid69 wrote:
anyone else into home brewing?

yes indeed! I brew from proper ingredients and no kits. Yesterday I bottled 20litres of pale ale. Newest batch - let's hope it turns out well!
SABBATICAL MANIAC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GEARS OF WAR 2 hahahah
Down there...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i collect old books. mainly bibles and other religious printed material espcially with a social or political connection (no, not ns)
Reaper's Grave

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

During my school years, I collected trading cards of all sorts, and some trading card games like Magic the Gathering and such.

Over the last few years I've been selling all off though, so far made out with a little over a couple thousand in cash, and still have half the shit I collected over the years going on ebay weekly and raking in enough to buy a couple new records somewhere.

However other than record collecting, I do not have any current major hobbies. I spend my time playing guitar, listening to music, going to shows, and spending time with my girlfriend and buddies. Otherwise I have classes to attend, and i read during my downtime.
throneofmight

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Besides metal I'm interested in doing fine-tunning on stock cars to make them run above the original specs....in fact my plans are to open my own tunning shop in the near future....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Endless Morbidity

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gotten into the whole history of 9/11. Don't know why. I lived in NY all my life and really didn't think too much about what happened, but I suddenly became obsessed with the topic a while back. So reading books, watching documentaries, visiting websites and talking to people that were at the scene that day is a hobby for me.

I am ANTI "9/11 Truth" though. I don't believe there was a conspiracy and those that do really get under my skin. They need to change the name of that movement to something else, because no matter how much truth you drop in their laps, they just dismiss it.
Morbid69

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where were you when it went down? Did you witness any of it? I'm interested in that too. I heard about it through some black metal IRC channel whilst eating breakfast
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: