P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

MIDNIGHT DICE (ex- Satan's Hallow members)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:09 am    Post subject: MIDNIGHT DICE (ex- Satan's Hallow members) Reply with quote

Demo from 4 of the 5 members of Satan's Hallow. If you liked their album, you'll like this. Fucking RIPS

https://midnightdice.bandcamp.com/?fbclid=IwAR0NGvJlQnZE_pIcrIQLsPBh5JHG_dSYx3nQhaYyQP2imDJu4Q1FOcCAZ0g

Last edited by blodhemn9 on Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pale Rider

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: MIDNIGHT DICE (ex- Satan's Hallow) Reply with quote

Well then, let's listen!
I already like some of these guys' other bands so I have high expectations for Satan's Hollow pt.2 (minus Von Jugel).
HighwayCorsair
banned

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: MIDNIGHT DICE (ex- Satan's Hallow) Reply with quote

Pale Rider wrote:
Well then, let's listen!
I already like some of these guys' other bands so I have high expectations for Satan's Hollow pt.2 (minus Von Jugel).

Given that VJ wrote literally all of the Satan's Hallow music, right down to the vocal lines, I dunno that it's fair to call this band any sort continuation, especially since VJ himself spoke out against them using his music's name to promote their new stuff.
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: MIDNIGHT DICE (ex- Satan's Hallow) Reply with quote

HighwayCorsair wrote:
especially since VJ himself spoke out against them using his music's name to promote their new stuff.

Where'd you see that?
HighwayCorsair
banned

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: MIDNIGHT DICE (ex- Satan's Hallow) Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:
HighwayCorsair wrote:
especially since VJ himself spoke out against them using his music's name to promote their new stuff.

Where'd you see that?

He was talking about it on the metal archives forum around when he band broke up to try and clear up what was going on with it. If nobody can find a link I'll try and find it when I get off work.
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: MIDNIGHT DICE (ex- Satan's Hallow) Reply with quote

HighwayCorsair wrote:
blodhemn9 wrote:
HighwayCorsair wrote:

Where'd you see that?

He was talking about it on the metal archives forum around when he band broke up to try and clear up what was going on with it. If nobody can find a link I'll try and find it when I get off work.

Ah, no worries. Was just surprised to hear that as I'm friends with all involved and hadn't seen/heard anything like that or any other bad blood between them.

Definitely true that the Satan's Hallow album was basically 100% him. I was glad to hear that this material more than holds it's own, even with the primary songwriter's departure. Steve is a beast on guitar, and Amanda sounds better than ever I think. Looking forward to their gig with High Spirits and Savage Master in May, and the eventual full length.
HighwayCorsair
banned

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.metal-archives.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=119889

I seem to have misremembered a bit, and he was less strong in his statements than I recalled, haha. Still don't think it's right to call the band a continuation given that he's not involved.
Pale Rider

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: MIDNIGHT DICE (ex- Satan's Hallow) Reply with quote

HighwayCorsair wrote:
Pale Rider wrote:
Well then, let's listen!

Given that VJ wrote literally all of the Satan's Hallow music, right down to the vocal lines, I dunno that it's fair to call this band any sort continuation, especially since VJ himself spoke out against them using his music's name to promote their new stuff.

You're right, it was wrong of me to call Midnight Dice 'S'atan's Hollow pt.2'' because like you said, Von Jugel is/was the mastermind behind SH.

Anyway, the demo rocks pretty hard and it's even more catchy than I thought it would be!
HighwayCorsair
banned

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the music here is good, and Mandy sounds better than she did with Satan's Hallow. Riffs aren't nearly as good but it's very promising for a demo.
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighwayCorsair wrote:
Yeah, the music here is good, and Mandy sounds better than she did with Satan's Hallow. Riffs aren't nearly as good but it's very promising for a demo.

Riffs could be a little more creative for sure, but the solos fucking rip so it makes up for it in my ears.
Buried In Ohio

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna third Amanda's vocals sounding great. They were good live when they opened up for Satan. I'm excited to hear more.

Also I can't help but think of Enforcer when I read the name. Midnight Vice + Roll the Dice = Midnight Dice
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buried In Ohio wrote:

Also I can't help but think of Enforcer when I read the name. Midnight Vice + Roll the Dice = Midnight Dice

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's where it came from, too. My media playing in my car has a habit of displaying band names wrong and it called this band "Midnight Syndicate" which I like more Laughing
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw them open for High Spirits last Friday. They played at least 3, maybe 4 songs that aren't on the demo and they fucking RIPPED. Really looking forward to the full length now. Looks like they've got a few shows booked in Chicago coming up in June, one of which is with Freeways from Canada. Should be great.

The demo tape is now released too, picked up a copy at the gig and it sounds great.
FengisRipRider

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes they will be playing with my Michigan boys White Magician, should be a good show, Ancient Seance is a great young band as well, Hank Bitchlovers son if I am not mistaken is involved in that project.

https://www.discogs.com/user/DystopianDogs
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FengisRipRider wrote:
Ancient Sceance...Hank Bitchlovers son if I am not mistaken is involved in that project.

Yep, Syl, the vocalist/guitarist is Hank's step son. They are cool. I've been hearing them practice in Hank's basement for many years now and it's cool to see how they've developed. I still think they need to maybe reign it in a bit and "focus" on what they want to be (or not, what do I know?), but they have loads of potential. Their most recent gig was in the big room at Reggies opening for Spell and Lucifer and they had a HUGE response which was great to see. I've know Syl since he was like 13 so I almost felt like a proud Pappa too Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: