P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Caleb Webb/Ambient Sound bootlegging scum!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
S.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He for sure is a scumbag fag, but if all those cvlt labels did not have those rediculous limitations idiots like him would not get the idea to "release" or sell bootleg crap like that. All those tapes lim. 50 or LPs lim. 100 just feed trolls like him. These labels know they sell out in minutes and don't change anything, except for some few represses with retarded limitations AGAIN. Your problems with counterfeits are home-made, sorry.
Release your tapes/LPs lim. 200-300 and keep the stuff available. Oh no, then nobody buys shit because it's available for more than 10 minutes and people find out what shit (mostly at least) they're actually buying.
blindfolder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

S. wrote:
He for sure is a scumbag fag, but if all those cvlt labels did not have those rediculous limitations idiots like him would not get the idea to "release" or sell bootleg crap like that. All those tapes lim. 50 or LPs lim. 100 just feed trolls like him. These labels know they sell out in minutes and don't change anything, except for some few represses with retarded limitations AGAIN. Your problems with counterfeits are home-made, sorry.
Release your tapes/LPs lim. 200-300 and keep the stuff available. Oh no, then nobody buys shit because it's available for more than 10 minutes and people find out what shit (mostly at least) they're actually buying.

When did standard limitations become ridiculous? 50 to 100 copies of a release is pretty standard in the underground, did that change? I must have missed the memo. Apparently I missed a few, I didn't know things like "unboxing videos" existed. Now we've got people blaming the fucking labels? For this little pathetic twink admittedly making bootlegs, claiming he thought he was doing a good thing, then turning around in the same breath saying he DOESN'T support bootlegging. It's a pretty black and white, cut and dry decision of fuck this kid. Anyone who thinks the labels are to blame for not making 300+ copies of a raw black metal tape is clearly from a distinct generation of collectors and should stick to making youtube videos for other fellow virgins. Otherwise, maybe start your own label since you're an expert and all. Anyone who sympathizes with this kid 1% is my enemy.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally... I don't care if these bootleggers exist. I don't care about the labels with the limited releases. I have no concerns or resentment or sympathy for any of this hand in hand Ouroboros system of co-dependency required to keep the fašade up and running.

The ridiculous consumer panic to must have 1 of 50 copies of some obscure static band creates the market for the bootlegger to thrive, the labels that restrict themselves to such minimal output has its role to play in feeding the panic driven consumer urgency to order quickly and even pay perhaps steeply for something certainly not actually really that valuable... its a business model that works, it stirs up a frenzy and people keep feeding it.

I just don't know why it isn't more apparent... the need to belong to something be it a club or small social circle far outweighs logic and reasoning I suppose. Its certainly not about the music or art being unique or amazing that's for sure. Human psychology ...obsession I guess. Defeats all logic.
subaru
banned

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most shocking part to me is that people use google hangouts
SlevinKelevra

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

subaru wrote:

What's wrong with it, nicely integrated in android

---
Deals/trades with : Al Infierno, bearsbearsbears cwprod, dethronewilliam, Hidden38, hume, hymnsoftheneedlefreak, jerry666, lordpazuzu, , mrgoatimus, nok, snakenuts, wirelessdarkness, xyosefx .
subaru
banned

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlevinKelevra wrote:
subaru wrote:

Thought everyone used discord nowadays
heavyR

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlevinKelevra wrote:
subaru wrote:

I think these guys are doing it on desktop/laptop setups.

Buy this crap.
S.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blindfolder wrote:

When did standard limitations become ridiculous? 50 to 100 copies of a release is pretty standard in the underground, did that change? I must have missed the memo. Apparently I missed a few, I didn't know things like "unboxing videos" existed. Now we've got people blaming the fucking labels? For this little pathetic twink admittedly making bootlegs, claiming he thought he was doing a good thing, then turning around in the same breath saying he DOESN'T support bootlegging. It's a pretty black and white, cut and dry decision of fuck this kid. Anyone who thinks the labels are to blame for not making 300+ copies of a raw black metal tape is clearly from a distinct generation of collectors and should stick to making youtube videos for other fellow virgins. Otherwise, maybe start your own label since you're an expert and all. Anyone who sympathizes with this kid 1% is my enemy.

Did you even read my post? I pointed out that I do NOT sympathize with scumbags like him and I don't blame labels in general for producing small quantities. But labels like Black Gangrene, GoatowaRex, Skjold, TSK, Lampshade Tapes etc. keep releasing stuff in these small quantities and people always start bitching around for missing stuff. Perfect breeding ground for bootleg scum like Fallen Portrait Productions. That's what I said, not more, not less. No harm is done when a release does not sell out in minutes or even a couple of days/weeks. With production costs and retail prices in mind no label will make red numbers if they don't sell out that quickly. Especially since 200-300 LPs aren't that much more expensive than 100 LPs.
Graceless Recordings

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

S. wrote:
blindfolder wrote:

Did you even read my post? I pointed out that I do NOT sympathize with scumbags like him and I don't blame labels in general for producing small quantities. But labels like Black Gangrene, GoatowaRex, Skjold, TSK, Lampshade Tapes etc. keep releasing stuff in these small quantities and people always start bitching around for missing stuff. Perfect breeding ground for bootleg scum like Fallen Portrait Productions. That's what I said, not more, not less. No harm is done when a release does not sell out in minutes or even a couple of days/weeks. With production costs and retail prices in mind no label will make red numbers if they don't sell out that quickly. Especially since 200-300 LPs aren't that much more expensive than 100 LPs.

I think Mr. Lampshade Tapes does it right. Makes a limited run, it helps gauge the interest, he runs out, makes more. Dude is clearly not trying to feed trolls but obviously some are. You put your hard earned money into these small labels and you can't afford to sit on 500 copies that aren't ever going to move. The tastes and trends in the underground for what is en vogue/hip/"go get it NOW!! REFRESH REFRESH REFRESH!!" changes faster than a fart in the wind. It's a fascinating phenomenon to think about. "What makes something hyped?". Sometimes a label will get lucky and be the "it" thing for a while. Dani has several records he couldn't get rid of at Goatowar but maybe if he released them now, they would sell immediately because his label is talked about more. You just never know.
SlevinKelevra

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heavyR wrote:
SlevinKelevra wrote:
subaru wrote:

I think these guys are doing it on desktop/laptop setups.

gotcha.

---
Deals/trades with : Al Infierno, bearsbearsbears cwprod, dethronewilliam, Hidden38, hume, hymnsoftheneedlefreak, jerry666, lordpazuzu, , mrgoatimus, nok, snakenuts, wirelessdarkness, xyosefx .
Mysticus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graceless Recordings wrote:
S. wrote:
blindfolder wrote:

I think Mr. Lampshade Tapes does it right. Makes a limited run, it helps gauge the interest, he runs out, makes more. Dude is clearly not trying to feed trolls but obviously some are. You put your hard earned money into these small labels and you can't afford to sit on 500 copies that aren't ever going to move. The tastes and trends in the underground for what is en vogue/hip/"go get it NOW!! REFRESH REFRESH REFRESH!!" changes faster than a fart in the wind. It's a fascinating phenomenon to think about. "What makes something hyped?". Sometimes a label will get lucky and be the "it" thing for a while. Dani has several records he couldn't get rid of at Goatowar but maybe if he released them now, they would sell immediately because his label is talked about more. You just never know.

You are of course correct on this matter.

Me personally... I think hair cuts and those trimmed yet long styled beard type people with short hair cuts but big beards are to blame for the majority of these problems in black metal right now.
We need to resurrect the hair cut thread I think and pray for the return of Buffo to set right the wrongs of this era.
ElectricHoseBag

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy seems like a pretty big dweeb and tried to do some sneaky things, got caught out and made an apology full of dumb excuses. Is it really that big of a deal?
If he was selling boots for a lot of money then yeah, but I'm sure quite a few of you here would be happy with an affordable boot of something you couldn't get a hold of.

The guy from BG doesn't even seem to care as much as some people here.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one seemed upset around these parts that Nemesis Divina and The Shadowthrone were bootlegged a year or two back... no one was angry that Sororicide was bootlegged... in fact it was quite the opposite reactions to those being bootlegged... the bootlegger was heroic and welcomed, those albums all sold fast.
AngleOffDeeth

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
No one seemed upset around these parts that Nemesis Divina and The Shadowthrone were bootlegged a year or two back... no one was angry that Sororicide was bootlegged... in fact it was quite the opposite reactions to those being bootlegged... the bootlegger was heroic and welcomed, those albums all sold fast.

I think it's less the action itself, and more the person who's doing it. This dude is a walking caricature of the "hipster outsider" that many hate. He only seems to chase rare releases, he has a youtube channel to show off said releases, his own shitty label, etc... So he's an easy person to hate. If someone "in the scene" had bootlegged this, more people would have shrugged it off and probably even bought it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: