P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

New AT THE GATES
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raskolnikhilov wrote:
nok wrote:
raskolnikhilov wrote:
Just awful, McMetalcore for people Pantera fans.

Methinks you should invest a box of q-tips if you think there's any similarity here.

No need to be rude, but it does sound borderline Metalcore to me, but maybe that's just me. Terrible music either way.

I like old ATG but this new album does sound like borderline Metalcore. The vocals sound tired and uninspired just like the riffs. The part where the music drops out and shitty distorted vocals say something about "night itself" is cringe worthy.

At least the cover artwork and layout look decent.

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

raskolnikhilov

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nok wrote:
raskolnikhilov wrote:
ManIsTheBastard wrote:
Heard At the gates years and years ago. I believe it was around the time that MTV featured music and that it was the video for Blinded by fear. A somewhat decent song (at least back then), but I've never paid much attention to them after that point. Heard the new songs that has been posted in this thread and it doesn't really impress me too much.

If I were to start listening to this band from scratch, what are some releases/songs that you would recommend? I want to try and give this band a fair shot.

The red in the sky is ours, is the only Album I can recommend, it's pure brilliance. However, if you got into metal by way of Metalcore and Melodeath, stuff like Black Dahlia Murder etc.. you'll find SoTS very enjoyable too, it has it's moments. Everything after that is pure trash.

Black Dahlia Murder didn't even exist when SOTS came out. That's like saying "If you got into black metal through Sargeist, you may find Transilvanian Hunger enjoyable (it has its moments)" Laughing

People discover older bands via new bands that are popular (relatively speaking) at the time, nothing odd about that at at all, happens all the time, like your comment seems to imply.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: