P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

The Blasphemy & Ross Bay Cult Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 93, 94, 95  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
translucent_nick

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ough wrote:
Deathwish wrote:
BLASPHEMY needs its own Sub-section on this forum.

Well you can just consider this thread that catch-all Blasphemy subsection. After all it’s appropriately titled for such

That's a good idea anyway - I can post various nerdy Blasphemy / Ross Bay Cult facts here from time to time- but I won't post 'gossip' and 'urban legend' facts, though I know many people dying to gossip about Blasphemy's "adventurous life" - I'm not doing this : they are an underground band with real people, not the fucking Kardashians haha!
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll add my two cents here because I'm in the process of researching the early years for the boxset. I'll put some facts into bullet points to make it easier to follow:

-Blasphemy had a lot of momentum starting in 1987 when most of the Blood Upon the Altar songs were written.

-They played their first gig in December of 1988, opening up for Witches Hammer at the Paramount.

-Black Priest had a mental breakdown and left the band in Jan of 1989 after the demo was recorded. The exact dates of the Blood Upon the Altar recording session is unknown, but I speculate that it started in December 1988 and finished in Jan of 1989 because we know that Black Priest left shortly after the demo was recorded. He would later rejoin for a very short period in 91 after Marco Sodomizer left the band temporarily.

-Witches Hammer breaks up in Jan of 1989.

-Marco Traditional Sodomizer of the Goddess of Perversity joins the band in spring of 1989. He was given a copy of the demo and in two weeks he learns all songs and becomes the new second guitarist/back up vocalist.

-Kelly Bestial Saviour of the Undead Legions helps to organize a short tour down to Los Angeles. Due to lack of interest in black metal at the time, they only manage to play two gigs, one in Seattle and one in Berkeley (at the Gilman). Both were recorded by Kelly and will be included in the upcoming Blasphemy boxset.

-The exact dates of the west coast tour is yet to be determined, but I know the Gilman gig is recorded in the apendix of the Gilman book. Anyone own a copy of this book? I used to see used copies locally but never see it anymore, and the cheapest copy on Amazon is $60! My guess is that it was late summer or early fall of 1989.

Web: https://shop.nwnprod.com/collections/new-arrivals

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two months ago I started a similiar thread about Blasphemy’s activity during their early years in 1984-1986, feel free to join it.

http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=63613

NWN PROD wrote:
-Black Priest had a mental breakdown and left the band in Jan of 1989 after the demo was recorded. The exact dates of the Blood Upon the Altar recording session is unknown, but I speculate that it started in December 1988 and finished in Jan of 1989 because we know that Black Priest left shortly after the demo was recorded. He would later rejoin for a very short period in 91 after Marco Sodomizer left the band temporarily.

What exactly caused this breakdown?, I remember reading on some interview that his girlfriend broke up with him, or something of the sorts?

Also, are there any photos of Black Priest?

hymnsoftheneedlefreak

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I lived in Arizona, the record shop that near my house was selling all sorts of Wild Rags releases for cheap and they were heavily promoting FAOD.
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1981 wrote:
Two months ago I started a similiar thread about Blasphemy’s activity during their early years in 1984-1986, feel free to join it.

http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=63613

NWN PROD wrote:

What exactly caused this breakdown?, I remember reading on some interview that his girlfriend broke up with him, or something of the sorts?

Also, are there any photos of Black Priest?

There are many photos of Black Priest from the demo days. They are all over the internet. Sodomizer and Black Priest sort of look similar but Sodomizer is much bigger and muscular.

Deathwish
banned

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully this boxset is gonna include ALL these live recordings and all live video footage from the early days..
If its incomplete in anyway it will be a let down...All unseen pics must be added ,all videos,all rehearsals and all trivia and violence in the book.

Example of FAIL! The MORBID goat box is fuckin worthless as it does not contain the live video footage with Dead and is also missing at least one rehearsal tape which Metalion has.... total shit... fuckin in conspiracy with Entombed crap.

All or nothing.... and fuck off to incomplete shit boxes!! Cool Cool 666

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
There are many photos of Black Priest from the demo days. They are all over the internet. Sodomizer and Black Priest sort of look similar but Sodomizer is much bigger and muscular.

I should be ashamed that I knew little about Blasphemy outside of their releases, and I am a huge Bestial Black/War Metal fan, I know their music for a long time now, but only recently I have started to dig into their backstory.

Sorry for asking, but can you post the photos in here?, I cannot seem to find it.

Is that him (the 4th one on the right)?

NWN PROD

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a letter that Black Winds sent to Metalion of Slayer magazine in May 1989. This letter accompanied the Blood Upon the Soundspace rehearsal tape that was recorded sometime late in April of 1989.

Some things worth pointing out:

-He mentioned an upcoming gig with Witches Hammer, but they supposedly broke up in Jan of 1989. The timeline doesn't seem to match up? Maybe they reformed in summer of 89 to play some gigs? I'm still trying to get to the bottom of this by talking to Ray and Marco, but they seem to think they were totally broken up by then. Plus Marco was already playing with Blasphemy by May 89.

-Necrosadist is mentioned as one of the new songs. This song doesn't show up until Gods of War so it was probably one of the songs from FAOD that was called Necrosadist early on?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great piece of history, thanks Yosuke!
hymnsoftheneedlefreak

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sodomizer (Marco) is jacked. The epitome of the the muscle goat.
Tireheb

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's fucking cool letter. He mentioned & praised Xysma but also wrote some Finnish there! Shocked
morbidrites

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:

-Kelly Bestial Saviour of the Undead Legions helps to organize a short tour down to Los Angeles. Due to lack of interest in black metal at the time, they only manage to play two gigs, one in Seattle and one in Berkeley (at the Gilman). Both were recorded by Kelly and will be included in the upcoming Blasphemy boxset.

-The exact dates of the west coast tour is yet to be determined, but I know the Gilman gig is recorded in the apendix of the Gilman book. Anyone own a copy of this book? I used to see used copies locally but never see it anymore, and the cheapest copy on Amazon is $60! My guess is that it was late summer or early fall of 1989.

I have a friend who has a copy and looked and couldn't find anything besides, "Blaspheme" playing there in 1990. However I just saw this post from a nother thread from 2011

"xyosefx wrote:

YK told me that they played at 924 Gilman on their US tour in 1989. I'm pretty sure Tomas Stench saw them there.Unfortunately the Gilman book has incomplete information for a lot of shows from 1987-1990, so they're not listed there. But apparently they signed to Wild Rags after Richard C. saw them play down in LA."
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

morbidrites wrote:
NWN PROD wrote:

I have a friend who has a copy and looked and couldn't find anything besides, "Blaspheme" playing there in 1990. However I just saw this post from a nother thread from 2011

"xyosefx wrote:

YK told me that they played at 924 Gilman on their US tour in 1989. I'm pretty sure Tomas Stench saw them there.Unfortunately the Gilman book has incomplete information for a lot of shows from 1987-1990, so they're not listed there. But apparently they signed to Wild Rags after Richard C. saw them play down in LA."

It could be the same band. What day did it say for 1990? It's possible that Black Winds and Marco had the dates mixed up if it was early 1990.

Also the tour happened around the same time that the FANG guy had killed his girlfriend. Blasphemy guys were staying at a house related to the FANG guy's new gf at the time and he was on the run from the cops. I'll research the FANG murder and see what comes up.

NWN PROD

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found this:

Quote:
Sam McBride’s story started well before he took a life in August 1989, went on the run, and was subsequently incarcerated for six years before his release in 1995.

https://www.punknews.org/article/54997/sam-mcbride-fang-talks-murder-conviction-prison

He was on the run while Blasphemy was staying with his friends from the Berkeley based punk band Special Forces.

Here are more notes I have about the gig.

1989 (?) Berkeley CA gig Filmed by Kelly. MDC was supposed to play but cancelled. Gig was booked by Kelly. They stayed at Orlando Xavier's house (singer of the Berkeley based punk/hc band Special Forces). The West Oakland house was occupied by a group of Satanic punk girls calling themselves "Sinister Sisters of Satan." Formally called the Madonna Inn while Fang's singer used to live there.

NWN PROD

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"xyosefx wrote:

Blasphemy did not play in Los Angeles on this tour. They only managed to book two gigs, one in Seattle and one in Berkeley.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 93, 94, 95  Next
Page 2 of 95

Jump to: