P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Bathory - Bathory Bootleg CD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Psicoterror

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pazuzu wrote:
Psicoterror wrote:
Supervolcano wrote:
The back of the CD says "Ripped from the original 1984 LP" and with all the discussion about this, as well as the readily available normal CD version, I don't doubt that this is an original rip. Why waste the time and effort on a mp3 bootleg when the black mark CD is still available worldwide?

Because that is the very nature of the bootlegs: making easy money. Bootleggers do not care if the stuff they are releasing was sourced from a fine source. Downloading some cheap ass mp3 will do the trick, as long as they do sound different from the official album released by Black Mark on CD. Even so, any mp3 will sound better than the re-mastered black mark album.

Answer one question: Have you heard this particular bootleg?

No, I haven't, that's why I want to make sure that this bootleg hasn't been sourced from the mp3 circulating around. You know, when it comes to bootlegs, especially Bathory bootlegs, I do always expect the worst. I do own a few myself, and most of them are of terrible quality.
Psicoterror

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8FOX wrote:
So, anyone gonna provide a few lossless track-rips of this CD to inspect? Purchasing a Bathory bootleg isn't on my priority list at the moment, but since the question has been proposed, I'm curious to know about the quality of the source of this release.

THIS.
Pazuzu

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psicoterror wrote:
Pazuzu wrote:
Psicoterror wrote:
Supervolcano wrote:
The back of the CD says "Ripped from the original 1984 LP" and with all the discussion about this, as well as the readily available normal CD version, I don't doubt that this is an original rip. Why waste the time and effort on a mp3 bootleg when the black mark CD is still available worldwide?

Because that is the very nature of the bootlegs: making easy money. Bootleggers do not care if the stuff they are releasing was sourced from a fine source. Downloading some cheap ass mp3 will do the trick, as long as they do sound different from the official album released by Black Mark on CD. Even so, any mp3 will sound better than the re-mastered black mark album.

No, I haven't, that's why I want to make sure that this bootleg hasn't been sourced from the mp3 circulating around. You know, when it comes to bootlegs, especially Bathory bootlegs, I do always expect the worst. I do own a few myself, and most of them are of terrible quality.

THEN SHUT THE FUCK UP.
"Order From Chaos, this band knows how to metal and they know how to satan and they most definitely know how to arghgh. It dosen't suck dick and thats why faggots don't like them. I have entered the stillbirth machine, I suggest you cum too."
Psicoterror

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pazuzu wrote:
Psicoterror wrote:
Pazuzu wrote:
Psicoterror wrote:
Supervolcano wrote:

THEN SHUT THE FUCK UP.

You may enlight us then! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Pazuzu

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psicoterror wrote:
Pazuzu wrote:
Psicoterror wrote:
Pazuzu wrote:
Psicoterror wrote:
Supervolcano wrote:

THEN SHUT THE FUCK UP.

I already did by starting the thread, you jackass!
"Order From Chaos, this band knows how to metal and they know how to satan and they most definitely know how to arghgh. It dosen't suck dick and thats why faggots don't like them. I have entered the stillbirth machine, I suggest you cum too."
Psicoterror

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pazuzu wrote:
Psicoterror wrote:
Pazuzu wrote:
Psicoterror wrote:
Pazuzu wrote:
Psicoterror wrote:
Supervolcano wrote:

THEN SHUT THE FUCK UP.

No, you didn't. Perhaps you do consider a great sounding bootleg any crap circulating around and sourced from mp3, so, we must assume that you know jackshit and therefore have to ask to someone who may have compared this bootleg to Mr. Engel's rip. And, as you haven't done that yourself, then we have to open that possibility.
Pazuzu

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psicoterror wrote:
Pazuzu wrote:
Psicoterror wrote:
Pazuzu wrote:
Psicoterror wrote:
Pazuzu wrote:
Psicoterror wrote:
Supervolcano wrote:

THEN SHUT THE FUCK UP.

No, you didn't. Perhaps you do consider a great sounding bootleg any crap circulating around and sourced from mp3, so, we must assume that you know jackshit and therefore have to ask to someone who may have compared this bootleg to Mr. Engel's rip. And, as you haven't done that yourself, then we have to open that possibility.

Do you know how to fucking read? Go back to page 1 and you will clearly see that I started this thread. I own the original yellow goat vinyl and can attest that this bootleg is the real deal. If you want to stomp up and down like a child without listening to it, that's your problem.
Psicoterror

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pazuzu wrote:
Psicoterror wrote:
Pazuzu wrote:
Psicoterror wrote:
Pazuzu wrote:
Psicoterror wrote:
Pazuzu wrote:
Psicoterror wrote:
Supervolcano wrote:

THEN SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Do you know how to fucking read? Go back to page 1 and you will clearly see that I started this thread. I own the original yellow goat vinyl and can attest that this bootleg is the real deal. If you want to stomp up and down like a child without listening to it, that's your problem.

Ok man, i'll buy this bootleg just to make sure it is good by myself, don't be mad about it. If you are advertising it so passionately then probably you're right.
Anyway, if someone could provide just one lossless track to compare it with the mp3 I do have then it would be great, just for the sake of it.
Deathwish
banned

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the old fan site. None of this ever saw the light of day. Chances are most of this never existed in the first place.Quorthoon wasn't exactly known for being 100% straight in ANY interviews.

Unreleased songs
There are lots and lots of Bathory songs recorded that were never released. Based on what Quorthon has said in interviews, here is info in chronological order on the material that remains to be released:
1983-1984: There are some old demo songs from 1983-1984 on tape. They are in the same vein as "You Don't Move Me (I Don't Give A Fuck)" and "Die In Fire". Two of them ("Satan My Master" and "Witchcraft") were released this on "Jubileum Volume III", but there are more old titles, such as "Dirty Women" and "Live And Die In Sin"
1984: After the debut album was released Bathory recorded an EP called "Necronomicon" or "Maleficarum" (Quorthon can't remember which).
1985: In this year a Black Metal album called "Occulta" was recorded.
1987: 28 songs were recorded between "Under The Sign Of The Black Mark" and "Blood Fire Death".
1986-1988: Around this time Bathory were experimenting a lot and recorded some 20-30 songs, some of them for a double album called "Valhalla". Supposedly some of the songs ended up on "Blood Fire Death" and some on "Blood On Ice". Three of them have been released on the Jubileum volumes; "Rider At The Gate Of Dawn", "Burnin' Leather" and "In Nomine Satanas".The song "Valhalla" which was released on "Hammerheart" was recorded during this period.
"Descend To Hell", "Marching Off To War", "Cry" and "Nine Lakes Of Fire" are some titles that were recorded. "Descend To Hell" and "Marching Off To War" are finished, "Cry" is recorded in a demo version and "Nine Lakes Of Fire" has unfortunately disapeared...
1989: After "Hammerheart" had been recorded Bathory wanted to play brutal music again. The legendary "Requiem" (has nothing to do with the 1994 album) was recorded but never released. It features six or seven brutal deathrash songs, although not quite finished. "Crawl To Your Cross" from "Jubileum Volume II" is supposedly one of those six or seven.
1999-2000: From 1999 until the Summer of 2000, 22-23 songs were recorded. According to Quorthon there are lots of medieval and classical instruments on it. It sounds much like classical music with great big drums. Not the typical verse-chorus-verse-chorus structure. An album that hasn't released because Quorthon felt they moved in the wrong direction and instead decided to do an album which would contain 50% speed and 50% Epic stuff - "Destroyer Of Worlds".
As you can see, there are quite a few Bathory songs that never made it onto LP/CD. Quorthon said in many interviews that most of the time, Bathory recorded 15-20 songs in the studio. 13 songs were recorded for the "Hammerheart" album for example, but only seven were released.
Maybe all, or some, of these unreleased songs will be released in a box set (maybe along with a Bathory book) sometime in the future when Bathory is no more. It is up to Quorthon. Black Mark has nothing to do with these unreleased songs, though, so there's no reason e-mailing them telling them to release it.
Tireheb

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pazuzu wrote:
Psicoterror wrote:
Pazuzu wrote:
Psicoterror wrote:
Supervolcano wrote:

THEN SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Psicoterror is asking very valid questions that would be integral to get answered. Instead you got into strange defensive mode and without answering. Did a friend of yours make this release or what's the reason? It's a fact that bootlegs may say whatever in the back cover but the truth can be something else.

I have original white goat LP and 1990 CD. Can't hear really any differences between these. It's fucking Bathory debut album and not audiophile's favourite band like Toto.

LAMENTATION "Grabens Symphonie" 2CD OUT NOW!
Asura

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

morbidrites wrote:
i'm interested to know where i can get a copy. i'vegot it via mp3 but would like this to keep in my car/ for the booklet i've read so much about.

New Era at least has it. IMO the booklet is nothing special. It has lyrics and thanks list but so what...
Audio rules though!
PanzerGeneral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tireheb wrote:
Pazuzu wrote:
Psicoterror wrote:
Pazuzu wrote:
Psicoterror wrote:
Supervolcano wrote:

THEN SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Psicoterror is asking very valid questions that would be integral to get answered. Instead you got into strange defensive mode and without answering. Did a friend of yours make this release or what's the reason? It's a fact that bootlegs may say whatever in the back cover but the truth can be something else.

I have original white goat LP and 1990 CD. Can't hear really any differences between these. It's fucking Bathory debut album and not audiophile's favourite band like Toto.
Official albums can be sourced from mp3 without it being written all over the release. So by that logic… But I do agree - this sounds as it should ( I dont hear any difference between this and the (yellow goat) LP )- and I feel no obligation what so ever to prove anything to anyone.
Professor Black

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a pretty good list. I think you would find that a lot of this material exists but on average the actual number of songs is quite a bit less than claimed. Quorthon once made the good point that the stuff went unfinished/unreleased for a reason -- and not because it was "so awesome".

But yeah, from 1987-1989 they literally had the keys to the studio and were free to absorb and explore a lot of new ideas. It was a quite priveleged time really.

Deathwish wrote:
From the old fan site. None of this ever saw the light of day. Chances are most of this never existed in the first place.Quorthoon wasn't exactly known for being 100% straight in ANY interviews.

Unreleased songs
There are lots and lots of Bathory songs recorded that were never released. Based on what Quorthon has said in interviews, here is info in chronological order on the material that remains to be released:
1983-1984: There are some old demo songs from 1983-1984 on tape. They are in the same vein as "You Don't Move Me (I Don't Give A Fuck)" and "Die In Fire". Two of them ("Satan My Master" and "Witchcraft") were released this on "Jubileum Volume III", but there are more old titles, such as "Dirty Women" and "Live And Die In Sin"
1984: After the debut album was released Bathory recorded an EP called "Necronomicon" or "Maleficarum" (Quorthon can't remember which).
1985: In this year a Black Metal album called "Occulta" was recorded.
1987: 28 songs were recorded between "Under The Sign Of The Black Mark" and "Blood Fire Death".
1986-1988: Around this time Bathory were experimenting a lot and recorded some 20-30 songs, some of them for a double album called "Valhalla". Supposedly some of the songs ended up on "Blood Fire Death" and some on "Blood On Ice". Three of them have been released on the Jubileum volumes; "Rider At The Gate Of Dawn", "Burnin' Leather" and "In Nomine Satanas".The song "Valhalla" which was released on "Hammerheart" was recorded during this period.
"Descend To Hell", "Marching Off To War", "Cry" and "Nine Lakes Of Fire" are some titles that were recorded. "Descend To Hell" and "Marching Off To War" are finished, "Cry" is recorded in a demo version and "Nine Lakes Of Fire" has unfortunately disapeared...
1989: After "Hammerheart" had been recorded Bathory wanted to play brutal music again. The legendary "Requiem" (has nothing to do with the 1994 album) was recorded but never released. It features six or seven brutal deathrash songs, although not quite finished. "Crawl To Your Cross" from "Jubileum Volume II" is supposedly one of those six or seven.
1999-2000: From 1999 until the Summer of 2000, 22-23 songs were recorded. According to Quorthon there are lots of medieval and classical instruments on it. It sounds much like classical music with great big drums. Not the typical verse-chorus-verse-chorus structure. An album that hasn't released because Quorthon felt they moved in the wrong direction and instead decided to do an album which would contain 50% speed and 50% Epic stuff - "Destroyer Of Worlds".
As you can see, there are quite a few Bathory songs that never made it onto LP/CD. Quorthon said in many interviews that most of the time, Bathory recorded 15-20 songs in the studio. 13 songs were recorded for the "Hammerheart" album for example, but only seven were released.
Maybe all, or some, of these unreleased songs will be released in a box set (maybe along with a Bathory book) sometime in the future when Bathory is no more. It is up to Quorthon. Black Mark has nothing to do with these unreleased songs, though, so there's no reason e-mailing them telling them to release it.

Cursed_Reefer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have a CD bootleg called Call From The Grave? How is the sound on that one?
https://www.discogs.com/Bathory-Call-From-The-Grave/release/10217044

Tracklist is great, all tunes are from Jubileum compilations (the rare and unreleased), without "best of" bullshit.
Rabenschwarzes Königreich

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cursed_Reefer wrote:
Does anyone have a CD bootleg called Call From The Grave? How is the sound on that one?
https://www.discogs.com/Bathory-Call-From-The-Grave/release/10217044

I remember I bought that very CD at a small flea market near my hometown from a guy who was selling his used-to-death heavy metal CDs. It wasn't in too bad condition, but the music's sound quality wasn't the best, in fact, it's one of the worse Bathory CDs I ever owned. I ended up giving it away at a show for some easy cash along with other Bathory stuff.
You could obtain the same result by downloading all the tracklist from YouTube and putting them on a CDr or sending all the music to a company and having them printing a pro-cd (for yourself only obviously). If you are any familiar with DAWs and the remastering process like I am you could try to do so and make them sound better, but that really takes almost no time either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: