P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

New Behemoth / God=Dog
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Towards The Inevitable

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:53 pm    Post subject: New Behemoth / God=Dog Reply with quote

Apparently, new song from Behemoth's upcoming album was released a few hours ago. Can't download torrent at work, but I've found this guy rocking it in the background:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCfeiE9gyBw

Doesn't sound bad, but my jaw isn't at the floor either, after first listen. This thing makes me wanna vomit though:
https://www.revolvermag.com/music/hear-new-behemoth-song-teaser-reciting-sacrilegious-prayer-behemoth
Apart from it being carefully planned business move, this campaign is your typical practice-what-you-preach-against type of mentality kind of thing, can't imagine anyone who's not retarded engaging in this. Too much effort is put into those promo pics also, it is obvious now more than ever that Behemoth is not only artistic but business operation as well.
Just a few observations from the top of my head, as a first impression on the song and the band's current aesthetical disposition...
Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:09 pm    Post subject: Re: New Behemoth / God=Dog Reply with quote

Towards The Inevitable wrote:
it is obvious now more than ever that Behemoth is not only artistic but business operation as well
So Nuclear Blast is NOT a non-profit organization and Nergal doesn't make a living from casual minimal wage jobs? Unexpected, to say the least...

Regressive Muerta Metal: https://sadistikus.bandcamp.com/album/desekrehearsal-march-21-2015
Towards The Inevitable

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's clear what I meant. I meant that everything about this album screams "let's make some SERIOUS money with this one, let's take it to another level"

P.S.
And Nuclear Blast IS non-profit organization
Humus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard to overestimate their popularity. I saw them perform at Hellfest 2014 where they drew a larger crowd than Iron Maiden...this for a band that ten years before didn't even make the headline spot on Metallysee tours.

And Nuclear Blast IS non-profit organization

Didn't Markus drive to concerts in a Porsche already in the 80's? Although I've also heard he just came from a rich family.
frostjunkie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nergal almost dying and then not has put him at a god-like status, he can release total mediocrity from now on and people will still go apeshit.
RKB

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's clear what I meant. I meant that everything about this album screams "let's make some SERIOUS money with this one, let's take it to another level"

Well, if Behemoth thought like you think they think, then they would just make "The Satanist II", since it has been such a success. However, I can promise you that the new album is NOT "The Satanist II", and yes, I have heard the whole album!

This album is definitely not about making SERIOUS money, but I sincerely hope they do anyways.
Thule

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Batushka 2.0
BaronOvHell

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As embarrassing as his dark folk project
LefterisK

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New album details available as well, it will be called... I Loved You at Your Darkest, out in 5 October.

Tracklist:
1. Solve
2. Wolves ov Siberia
3. God = Dog (https://open.spotify.com/track/48uhV6Kj6QVATU1dzUrNr8)
4. Ecclesia Diabolica Catholica
5. Bartzabel
6. If Crucifixion Was Not Enough…
7. Angelvs ⅩⅢ
8. Sabbath Mater
9. Havohej Pantocrator
10. Rom 5:8
11. We Are the Next 1000 Years
12. Coagvla

Regarding the new song, I can say that it is quite average - it is not bad but also there is certainly nothing special about it; I did not expect anything from Nergal and co. so I cannot say that I am dissapointed. The biggest vibe killer are the children I must say; not only do they not add anything particular to the song, they also take away the atmosphere, a totally unnecessary move just for the sake of making an impression. The song title is also quite lazy and childish, featuring probably the most basic anagram ever. I don't like the album's title either.

Looking at the positive side of things, the album is again mixed by Matt Hyde, so it comes as no suprise the the production is similar to The Satanist's vibe/sound –the sound is very good, as are Nergal's vocals. The poppy song structure is also interesting and I think it works just fine (looking at the song lengths, I get the feeling that most songs will be following that route). I will definitely check this new album out when it becomes available but I will surely NOT buy it.

Last edited by LefterisK on Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:49 am; edited 1 time in total
candlesmoke

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wacken metal.
Pessoa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaronOvHell wrote:
As embarrassing as his dark folk project

Glad that you have mentioned it. That Nergal project is as cringey as you can get. But then again, I find King Dude incredibly pretentious and empty. Death in June they are not.

Also, God=Dog? So edgy. The kind of statement 12 years old kids are writting on the cover of their colleagues school books.
Crasse

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is bad. Even the sound is terrible for a band that has tons of possibilities to record in a good studio.

Last edited by Crasse on Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Aeonblade

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Behemoth have been second rate right from the beginning, but now they're just death metal for people that don't like death metal.
bartwa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pessoa wrote:
The kind of statement 12 years old kids are writting on the cover of their colleagues school books.

Behemoth caters to such audience since time immemorial. Plenty of people with 12 years old brains. The only real credit I can give him is that he scored a polish celebrity/singer (hard to tell what's what these days) Doda, used her to make himself known to common people (Nergal is a household name now in Poland) and then dumped her. Smart bastard he is and she's hot although ultra chav but that's how it usually is. Also he publicly lashes out at christianity pretty regular. While it might be common and benign in the West it's no mean feat in a country full of primitives as Poland still is. They both been tried at court for anti-christian statements but cleared as far as I remember. Nergal's useful as long as he stays away from any music making.
Vanitas

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still don't understand why do people praise "The Satanist" as the best dm album in ages. Over-the-top, boring, try-hard release.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: