P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

NECROS CHRISTOS - Triune Impurity Rites
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think intros should have stopped being a part of metal 15 years ago. Who the fuck still wants to sit through five minutes of pseudo-evil sounding noise every time they want to hear a ripping tune?
Voidhanger

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least they can be skipped over on the NECROS CHRISTOS album... I hate it when bands have intros tacked on before the songs and you can't skip the track...
vorfeed

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoldenBull wrote:
I just think all those stupid intros/ambient sections are a way to get away with putting out an ep and calling it a full length.

The metal tracks on this record are about 45 minutes long, total. That's a full length record. There is no fucking way that Triune Impurity Rites is "an ep", period.

Personally, I think the intros on this record are fine -- they're well-written, they add a lot to the thoughtful atmosphere the band is going for, and they break the mood, which is essential given the measured pace of most of the songs. And the vast majority of the intros are less than a minute long, just a short acoustic guitar piece before the next song starts... as intros go, these are pretty inoffensive.

If the intros on this album really bother you that much, you must have bad dreams about old Acheron records at night... Wink
Cutterofgums

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like a good intro/outro, but the stuff on this album annoys me no end. Could have been a pretty nifty album. Confused

Good traders:minge-eater,CR 99,Grief, bmdk666, s.charlach, Mutta, Face Fate Records, Ichor, Ancient_Tyranny, Mz412, Jesus Iglesias, passetiermes
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vorfeed wrote:
GoldenBull wrote:
I just think all those stupid intros/ambient sections are a way to get away with putting out an ep and calling it a full length.

The metal tracks on this record are about 45 minutes long, total. That's a full length record. There is no fucking way that Triune Impurity Rites is "an ep", period.

Personally, I think the intros on this record are fine -- they're well-written, they add a lot to the thoughtful atmosphere the band is going for, and they break the mood, which is essential given the measured pace of most of the songs. And the vast majority of the intros are less than a minute long, just a short acoustic guitar piece before the next song starts... as intros go, these are pretty inoffensive.

If the intros on this album really bother you that much, you must have bad dreams about old Acheron records at night... Wink

Haha, indeed! I stand corrected on the length though, always thought TIR was a lot shorter than that for some reason.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A intro every song is annoying.

Emperor, Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk, one into that was great, a ripping album for the rest.

An into every song is like the album is starting over every song, meh... doesn't matter that much but it does not make alot of sense to me either.
Voodoo Idol

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoldenBull wrote:

Everything is a matter of opinion in the end naturally, but statements like these and the eternally stupid Metal and Punk line of 'it's a cash grab MAN' are absurd to me. These guys do what they do, having known Malte/Mors for years and years, because they're in their late 30s, have a wide range of interests in music, know what they want to hear and don't give a shit what they're supposed to be. The classical guitar tunes he comes up with, most Metal musicians, especially nowadays, can only dream of being able to play, let alone write.
Raelin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To all the Guys who don`t give a damn Fuck about the Gates and Temples on TIR...Good Luck with the new Album, haha!
Bestial Aggressor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raelin wrote:
To all the Guys who don`t give a damn Fuck about the Gates and Temples on TIR...Good Luck with the new Album, haha!

Can't wait for the new one. I think the temples/Gates were the best parts of TIR, especially 'Kischuf'- Paco de Lucia goes to Hell!
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess this is all just a matter of taste...the intros have to do with the album being this intended "ritual" which really in my opinion detracts from the record as a work of metal.
But opinions are like assholes, and right now mine is bleeding.
nexxxion

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spanish guitar intros? Ahahah gimme a fucking break.

The thing with their gates is: they need to be there for the overall atmosphere and meaning of the album. I mean it's no catchy Death Metal or a pointless Swedish Dödsmetal rip 15 yrs later etc. They aint pretentious either. Also they're played by the band, not sampled or stolen somewhere. This guy is teaching guitar...
s.charlach

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Particularly like the linking interludes on that album and it'd be great if the upcoming full-length's gonna extend these parts and brings forth more of that striking film score'esque obscurity. These parts are the very reason why I chose the CD over the vinyl here as it's the same as with Ambient releases or classical music. Such stuff just doesn't work on vinyl where's inevitable to sever the parts and say goodbye to the sinister homogeneity.
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting point. Perhaps I should try listening with a different attitude. Not knocking this band at all as I really do love their recordings, just lately I've been in a funk about intros...

Just on a bitching spree I guess.
OrdenSatani

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you listen to Triune Impurity Rites just for the 'metal' and ignore all the other elements the band INTENTIONALLY put there for a reason and not just to sound 'cool' or 'mysterious' - then you've entirely missed the purpose of the album, the music, AND the band. Necros Christos isn't just another death metal band, and I'm glad bands still exist that don't just sound like another regurgitated version of Incantation or Morbid Angel.
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the metal songs of NC can stand on their own, and don't just sound like ripoffs of Incantation and Morbid Angel(who i actually don't think have anything much in common with NC at all).

Like I said, perhaps I should give the interludes another try, but at the same time, I don't think anybody bought this LP specifically to hear some acoustic noodling, as there are thousands of recordings they could have bought instead that feature far better playing. I bought it for metal, and that is what I skip over the interludes to get to. I am also not the least bit interested in having a cheeseball satanic ritual in my living room. I am a metal music fan, not a satanic meditation guru.
I don't think I missed the purpose of the album at all, unless this album is only for those who put on a cloak and play the album in total darkness while gutting a chicken on a pentagram...

but anyway....on goes the debate!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: