P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Metallica - Ride The Lightning
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GrimorthPaleblood

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nc666 wrote:
Can't say if it's their best album, all of their stuff is really hit or miss with me. I'd honestly rather listen to "Until it Sleeps" over the vast majority of the their classic songs because even though it's not as heavy, at least it has great riffs/melodies all the way through and that's the most important part.

Can't say if you're to be considered a *special snowflake* or not, all of the stuff you write really makes me think you're getting closer to being one. I'd honestly rather listen to "Ride The Lightning" over all of their sub par 90s melodious manure, because that garbage is NOT Metallica. It never was, it currently isn't regarded as such, and it'll never be.

Last edited by GrimorthPaleblood on Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can learn a lot about a person simply by their Metallica opinion and where they stand on the before and after the black album argument... like it being pretty obvious you don't like metal of any kind at all really if you are the kind to adore the material on the black album and after. Laughing
hymnsoftheneedlefreak

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nc666 wrote:
"Fight Fire With Fire" starts off with more of that classical ballroom clean guitar stuff that I can't stand, but then the song gets going with awesome evil fast riffs. The chorus is especially great. "Ride the Lightning" that opening riff is amazing, then it turned into a chugger. It was ok, I liked the chorus. "For Whom the Bell Tolls", I hate this song. "Fade to Black" really like the clean guitar riffs with the opening riff and the verses, but that soloing over top of the opening riff can go to hell. "Trapped Under Ice" I can't make up my mind whether to write "ok" or "meh". "Escape" this song is really funny. That riff before the verses is hilarious in a good way, that's the perfect riff for a joke song. And then it goes into the verse riff which is fuckin unbelievably awesome. Then it goes into the cheesy chorus which is actually also cool. I just wish they played the verse again at the end. "Creeping Death" another ok song, I like the riff before the chorus, the chanting riff, and the ending riff. "The Call of Ktulu" yuck.

Can't say if it's their best album, all of their stuff is really hit or miss with me. I'd honestly rather listen to "Until it Sleeps" over the vast majority of the their classic songs because even though it's not as heavy, at least it has great riffs/melodies all the way through and that's the most important part.

Now I know you are trolling.
Occultism

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes
hymnsoftheneedlefreak wrote:
nc666 wrote:
...I'd honestly rather listen to "Until it Sleeps" over the vast majority of the their classic songs because even though it's not as heavy, at least it has great riffs/melodies all the way through and that's the most important part.

Now I know you are trolling.

Obviously!! Mad
My WANT-LIST: http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=61333
Gmajnar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first metal album and my introduction to metal music in general. My older sister had ''Ride The Lightning'' recorded on a tape and I as a young kid would go regularly through her tape collection when she wasn't at home.

When I discovered this Metallica tape my life changed forever Smile This was in 1987 when I was 8 years old, but the memory is still fresh and vivid about the amazement that this album spawned in me. I had to ask my sister where did she get this album and so I found out that her best friend (also her schoolmate), who lived a few houses away from us, gave her this Metallica tape.
This guy was 6 years older than me and a total Metallica fan-maniac and he was very happy that a young kid as me would be crazy about Metallica. Soon after that he recorded the ''Master Of Puppets'' album from his tape to my tape and I was floored again by the over-powering music of Metallica. Of course I wanted more, so it was time that he recorded ''Kill 'em All'' for me - and again Metallica delivered big time.

I was an 8 years old kid watching He-Man cartoons, playing with marbles and toy-soldiers, drawing all sorts of superheroes, monsters and warriors on paper, reading (more like feasting my eyes) Conan comics, playing cowboys & indians in the forest with my friends and listening to Metallica and Michael Jackson Smile

Then in 1988 this older metalhead told me that a new Metallica album is on it's way and so for the first time in my life I was nervously waiting for a album to come out. And when he finaly got ''... And Justice For All'' on tape and also recorded it for me, I was blown away for the fourth time by Metallica.
The next and also the last band that was so important and special for me was when I discovered Morbid Angel in 1991 with their ''Blessed Are The Sick'' masterpiece. Metallica and Morbid Angel were both bands that captivated me on the first listen, I became obssessed with everything about these two bands and they were both in a league of their own - other bands could't compete with them, no matter how good they were.

Metallica's first four albums WERE, ARE and WILL BE FOREVER my Altars of Worship. And Ride The Lightning album holds the special place for me because I was privileged to be able to hear such a MASTERPIECE OF EPIC PROPORTIONS as my first exposure to metal music and for it's life-changing powers.

HAIL to METALLICA - the Riders on Lightning!
Vanitas

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
You can learn a lot about a person simply by their Metallica opinion and where they stand on the before and after the black album argument... like it being pretty obvious you don't like metal of any kind at all really if you are the kind to adore the material on the black album and after. Laughing

Ridiculous statement. Or it just lacks a few words and it should be worded this way: "like it being pretty obvious you don't like anything else except metal of any kind at all and you're a dumbfuck patchvest-mongoloid if you are the kind not to adore the material on the black album and after".
Goatness

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This performance has more adrenaline than most bands entire catalog.

Jason brings this song to life with those backing vocals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYh9Lyvr0P8

Not a single fucking phone in sight.
GnosticPoison

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goatness wrote:
This performance has more adrenaline than most bands entire catalog.

Jason brings this song to life with those backing vocals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYh9Lyvr0P8

Not a single fucking phone in sight.

Probably because video phones weren’t invented then.
holy ghost

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I had had a smartphone to take pictures of all the cool shows I saw before smartphones were invented.
speedevilucifer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmajnar wrote:
Metallica's first four albums WERE, ARE and WILL BE FOREVER my Altars of Worship. And Ride The Lightning album holds the special place for me because I was privileged to be able to hear such a MASTERPIECE OF EPIC PROPORTIONS as my first exposure to metal music and for it's life-changing powers.

HAIL to METALLICA - the Riders on Lightning!

Yes!
I'd say first three,but no big deal.
cochino

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vanitas wrote:
Demoniarch wrote:

Ridiculous statement. Or it just lacks a few words and it should be worded this way: "like it being pretty obvious you don't like anything else except metal of any kind at all and you're a dumbfuck patchvest-mongoloid if you are the kind not to adore the material on the black album and after".
You know you don't need to say something even more retarded to "win", right?
Pazuzu

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still love this video that a fan did that matches the H.P. Lovecraft Society film of "The Call of Cthulhu" with Metallica's "The Call of Ktulu": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDstqHkWF6Y
"Order From Chaos, this band knows how to metal and they know how to satan and they most definitely know how to arghgh. It dosen't suck dick and thats why faggots don't like them. I have entered the stillbirth machine, I suggest you cum too."
mithrandir

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Escape is my favorite song off the album, 2:30 begins proto slam/breakdown riff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnQfgDP2byE
numbers stations

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mithrandir wrote:
Escape is my favorite song off the album, 2:30 begins proto slam/breakdown riff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnQfgDP2byE

Huh, that's interesting. I never even really paid attention to that riff. "Escape" is a good song though and certainly not a "joke song" like someone suggested (wtf?).
Saltrubbed Eyes

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmajnar wrote:
My older sister had ''Ride The Lightning'' recorded on a tape and I as a young kid would go regularly through her tape collection when she wasn't at home.

That's exactly what I used to do! Execpt my sisters tape was an original tape.

I also had a cousin, about 3 years older than me, she was this peroxide blonde that liked wearing skintight jeans with 'fuck the world' patches sewn on the ass, when I went to my aunts house, I could hear her blasting Ride the Lightning too.

listening to Metallica seemed to run in the family

And I agree about Morbid Angel as well, they were the kind of band that inspired the same level of interest as Metallica did. I was almost obsessed with them as much as I was with Metallica.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: