P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Nightbringer- Death and the black work
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wilhelm

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Nightbringer- Death and the black work Reply with quote

What are your thoughts about this new release? There were high expectations for the Death and the black work from the label (FMP) and fans, yet I havenít see more than a whisper passing through about it since it was released late last year.

Personally, I think this is one of the best black metal albums to come out of the USA in a number of years.

Now signed to Ajna, there should be a second Nightbringer LP coming within the year.

Go brush your doll's hair.
Chit019

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This album doesnt need any approval from any forumers.Its good as it is and well structured, some songs may be similar to each other in some aspects but the difference from each song rises as you listen to it. It's a grower. And yes, definitely one of the superior US black metal releases since the Negative Plane LP.
adrian5118

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Nightbringer- Death and the black work Reply with quote

Wilhelm wrote:
What are your thoughts about this new release? There were high expectations for the Death and the black work from the label (FMP) and fans, yet I havenít see more than a whisper passing through about it since it was released late last year.

Personally, I think this is one of the best black metal albums to come out of the USA in a number of years.

Now signed to Ajna, there should be a second Nightbringer LP coming within the year.

I personally think the US is very lucky to have Nightbringer. Their music is a void, and none of that traditional "voidal" BM garbage, I really feel a dark and encapsulating feeling whenever I give this LP a spin. Great music... hope to see them live one day.
Chit019

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Nightbringer- Death and the black work Reply with quote

adrian5118 wrote:
Wilhelm wrote:

I personally think the US is very lucky to have Nightbringer. Their music is a void, and none of that traditional "voidal" BM garbage, I really feel a dark and encapsulating feeling whenever I give this LP a spin. Great music... hope to see them live one day.

Did their show on LA couple months ago actually happened?
adrian5118

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Nightbringer- Death and the black work Reply with quote

Chit019 wrote:
adrian5118 wrote:
Wilhelm wrote:

Did their show on LA couple months ago actually happened?

I've no idea. I think so though.
War Moon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent album, essential on vinyl with the other two songs which are really good as well. I love the odd riffs on both the album and the split, definitely a unique band....I saw them open for Watain too and despite the sound being awful due to the retard behind the sound board they still sounded incredible live. Alongside Negative Plane and Inquisition some of the best Black Metal from the states released in the past few years.
Noisehunter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any other Europeans who preordered the vinyl -set straight from the band? Paid my copy in November and still waiting...
0%cured

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noisehunter wrote:
Is there any other Europeans who preordered the vinyl -set straight from the band? Paid my copy in November and still waiting...

Paid on the 30th of December and got'em 4 days ago. Long wait but good packaging and they send the parcel registered.
BreedingtheSpawn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Death and the Black Work is a good album. I like the production and overall atmosphere of the release.
maranatha

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any distros in Europe stocking the Lp version? Great album by the way.
Nekrokunt_Usurper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for bringing this to my attention! Sounds fucking brilliant like some all consuming black void!!! Must get this album now! REALLY want the LP version as I love the imagery too.
Reed

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colorado! Laughing
Black_Fire

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have listein to thier split with Temple of Not. One guy sells this for about 25 PLN (5 eur) but that was one year ago and bought only one copy for my friend.
www.doomzine.bandcamp.com

Last edited by Black_Fire on Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Voidhanger

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic album, had this pre-ordered when the CD was announced and it felt like a long time before I got it (although they were really quite fast with the order) but thoroughly worth the wait.
Wilhelm

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black_Fire wrote:
I have listein to thier split with Temple of Not. One guy sells this for about 25 PLN (5 eur) but that was one year ago and bought only one copy for my friend.

Temple of Not is simply the most horrific, evil ambient music being produced at this time. The unreleased debut TON album is the audial essence of pure death. I hope Naas decides to rebirth the project in the coming months....

Go brush your doll's hair.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: