P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Well-done reissues
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
axebix

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Autopsy reissues?
Marlboro

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delirium - Zzooouhh 2CD by Memento Mori 2016 edition is the closest thing to an ideal rerelease
axebix

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got me a Mental Funeral reissue, the sound is fine but the pixels on the cover hurt my eyes. The sleeve is easy to bend and doesn't seem durable at all.

Delirium reissue looks amazing, I have to get that. Sucks that black vinyl version is only available from UK though.
Ben

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

axebix wrote:
Delirium reissue looks amazing, I have to get that. Sucks that black vinyl version is only available from UK though.

It is amazing! The demo tracks are great. But I do wish I had paid extra to get the black version. I don't if it is just my copy (red) but I have tried cleaning it and it is still very noisy. Pretty annoying to make the black vinyl the limited one.
axebix

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

axebix wrote:
Got me a Mental Funeral reissue, the sound is fine but the pixels on the cover hurt my eyes. The sleeve is easy to bend and doesn't seem durable at all.

Blah, also no Mental Funeral outro lyrics in the gatefold.
axebix

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben wrote:
axebix wrote:

It is amazing! The demo tracks are great. But I do wish I had paid extra to get the black version. I don't if it is just my copy (red) but I have tried cleaning it and it is still very noisy. Pretty annoying to make the black vinyl the limited one.

So the black version is sold out and looks I'm gonna get the coloured one. My old Dual has a bit of inner groove distortion so this really kills me.
sloughfegkillers

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noticed that High Roller has the Delirium in ultra clear as well as red and blue.
Emerald - Armed For Battle on No Remorse comes very highly recommended from me, if you can get over the christian lyrics.

Last edited by sloughfegkillers on Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Backwards

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

High Roller does amazing reissues. Have a quite a few at this point. I really appreciate that they try and make them as close to the originals as possible. Even down to the smallest detail like center labels, modifying the HR logo to look like the ones of the original label. Their reissue of "Ample Destruction" by Jag Panzer even has the band / album title on the top spine of the jacket like the original. And great quality. Never think twice about buying a reissue from HR.

Heavy Load "Stronger Than Evil" reissue on No Remorse turned out great. Look forward to getting "Death Or Glory" that was just released.
Ben

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

axebix wrote:
Ben wrote:
axebix wrote:

So the black version is sold out and looks I'm gonna get the coloured one. My old Dual has a bit of inner groove distortion so this really kills me.

Please let us know how your copy sounds! I have an old Dual myself...

Also, the Mental Funeral vinyl version never had the outro lyrics, so it's a pretty exact repro as far I can tell.
axebix

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben wrote:
axebix wrote:
Ben wrote:
axebix wrote:

Also, the Mental Funeral vinyl version never had the outro lyrics, so it's a pretty exact repro as far I can tell.

Will do! I guess ultra clear vinyl sounds worse than standard coloured.

Actually they are on the back cover beneath the band photo. They changed the layout and photo completely.
Moloch

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Received my Hate Forest LP re-issues a few days ago and they're a bargain. Only had I issues with "Scythia", the A side on my copy is really warped. The rest is flawless, sound is perfect in every way. Grab these bad boys while you can.
Phlegma

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moloch wrote:
Received my Hate Forest LP re-issues a few days ago and they're a bargain. Only had I issues with "Scythia", the A side on my copy is really warped. The rest is flawless, sound is perfect in every way. Grab these bad boys while you can.

Purity looks stupid af Rolling Eyes
Zombie Dance

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually not much of a reissue guy if I can avoid it but the last Nokturnal Mortum reissue on lp by Heritage recordings are fucking stunning. Especially the Voice of Steel 3lp box set with booklet and shit, but I also got Мировоззрение and Verity and they also are splendid. Much better job than any other labels would have provided for them. You should get them while you can.
Moloch

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phlegma wrote:
Moloch wrote:

Purity looks stupid af Rolling Eyes

Indeed, the layout us ugly as fuck. But the music is great, so that's all that matters in the end. I'm not too keen on the new artworks to be honest, but it is what it is...
Ben

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

axebix wrote:
Ben wrote:
axebix wrote:
Ben wrote:
axebix wrote:

Will do! I guess ultra clear vinyl sounds worse than standard coloured.

Actually they are on the back cover beneath the band photo. They changed the layout and photo completely.

Right you are! I was just looking at the inner sleeve, which looks the same (though my reissue is a gatefold, also the cover doesn't look all that pixelated to me)

I've read people claim that ultra clear is technically the best sounding as that is the true color of vinyl, but it for sure seems to warp the easiest. Plus it's hard as hell to needle drop specific tracks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: