P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Well-done reissues
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xeniteia

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got today Янка ‎– Стыд И Срам on LP (https://www.discogs.com/fr/%D0%AF%D0%BD%D0%BA%D0%B0-%D0%A1%D1%82%D1%8B%D0%B4-%D0%A1%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%BC/release/11214924) and the sound is very good on this one. The remastering was done properly.
The cover isn't thick the inner sleeve is of the good paper doubled with plastic and the disc itself seems very professionally printed.

under a funeral shroom wrote:
Black Records Matter
ULUVAR

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Necro Schizma comp LP on Black Vomit. Heard mixed things about Black Vomit Records. Worth it or not? Bands like these should stay in regular circulation ffs!
Acid Orgy

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ULUVAR wrote:
Necro Schizma comp LP on Black Vomit. Heard mixed things about Black Vomit Records. Worth it or not? Bands like these should stay in regular circulation ffs!

So so, not terrible as other Black Vomit releases. Unless you want it on vinyl at any cost, buy the recent 2CD released by Iron Tyrant.
zoltar

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acid Orgy wrote:
ULUVAR wrote:

So so, not terrible as other Black Vomit releases. Unless you want it on vinyl at any cost, buy the recent 2CD released by Iron Tyrant.

I got the IRON PEGASUS RECORDS compilation back in the day so I keep wondering if I should be getting that one as well...?
Acid Orgy

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zoltar wrote:
Acid Orgy wrote:
ULUVAR wrote:

I got the IRON PEGASUS RECORDS compilation back in the day so I keep wondering if I should be getting that one as well...?

There isn't any Necro Schizma compilation released by Iron Pegasus, they were reissued by From Beyond (CD, one demo + live '89), Black Vomit (LP/CD, two demos) and Iron Tyrant (2CD, two demos + live '90)
zoltar

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acid Orgy wrote:
zoltar wrote:
Acid Orgy wrote:
ULUVAR wrote:

There isn't any Necro Schizma compilation released by Iron Pegasus, they were reissued by From Beyond (CD, one demo + live '89), Black Vomit (LP/CD, two demos) and Iron Tyrant (2CD, two demos + live '90)

Ok, my bad. Yeah, I meant the first one, from 2001. The FROM BEYOND version.
Ough

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

moorgrave wrote:
the new Mi’Guass is a reissue success story that defies a lot of things that make reissues suck generally. it’s remastered, yet this benefits the reissue in a mind-boggling way. it’s got new artwork, and this time the artwork is at least laterally as awesome. nothing can beat that iconic cover of the dudes in the Greensburg woods in their Native American/French trapper regalia but the new artwork is at least as awesome as the original. all in all, a fucking killer reissue.

Thanks! I pumped a lot of time and money into this one and am pretty happy with it. At least the original cover/insert photos are included in the new layout as well. Cool - And technically it was mastered for the first time, the original CD was pressed with just a mix and was never sent to a mastering engineer. So, it was easier for Joel to make it sound better, remasters are trickier and more limiting from what I was told.
The Missing Link

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a heads up,Nuclear Blast EU shop has Manowar green vinyl represses up for ordering. June 7 release.
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1452699#1452699
DecodedillusioN

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gutted ‎– Bleed For Us To Live reissue by Repulsive Echo. This album is fantastic and so underrated. I just wanted to praise this album once more. It's good. Listen to more Gutted.
Huldrelok

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xeniteia wrote:
I got today Янка ‎– Стыд И Срам on LP (https://www.discogs.com/fr/%D0%AF%D0%BD%D0%BA%D0%B0-%D0%A1%D1%82%D1%8B%D0%B4-%D0%A1%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%BC/release/11214924) and the sound is very good on this one. The remastering was done properly.
The cover isn't thick the inner sleeve is of the good paper doubled with plastic and the disc itself seems very professionally printed.

This record and artist are amazing! Yanka's music is phenomenal, one of my all time favorite folk artists by far. Would love to find a copy of this in the U.S.
Xeniteia

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She's a great artist indeed. I have to thank someone who posted here a live on YT. At first I didn't get into fully but it had something. Then I came back later and loved her passion and unique voice.

I bought the LP from a Russian seller. Being located in France maybe helps to lower the costs. This album has the cheapest price on LP. Otherwise the prices are quite inflated now (€30-35 or more before postage) and a few of the original CDs are sold at even higher prices. I check Discogs very often for these and try not to pass the cheapest offers I come across.

under a funeral shroom wrote:
Black Records Matter
Soul Erosion

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boogs wrote:
Power from Bathory wrote:
Malevolent Creation 3 first albums By Listenable

Stillborn reissue sucks. One of the songs is a demo recording for whatever reason.
The represses of the Gorguts LPs are great after they had received their well deserved backlash for the blown up CD art xD
Entombed reissues on Threeman are great.

Really? Which song from Stillborn is the demo song? I once heard demo versions of it (dunnno where) that sounded a zillion times better then the final version....
Soul Erosion

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the re-issues of Dark Symphonies are gold.

Hail to the guy that mentioned Delirium on Memento Mori! Speaking of Memento Mori: the re-issues of Misery (Aus) where killer too!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: