P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

NU-SLAM/BDM/PING/GOREGRIND/TOILET VOX CATCH-ALL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mushroomleg

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Im glad some of u dug it. Clitorape and wombstomp have been some of the best newer toilet/gore bands Ive found lately.
Naridill

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I hadn't been listening to death metal for many years (except as far as bestial black metal can be considered as death metal) as most of it didn't hold my interest.
I just recently started to consider going back to Death metal brutality to combat the endless stream of black metal.
As brutal death metal seems to appeal to me more than classic Death, Morbid Angel, Entombed types of death metal I've ventured onwards in search for some seriously brutal sound. I discovered that there seems to be a trend within this scene nowadays called "Slam".
I'm not completely sure what makes a band slam, seems to have started with Devourment? but most of it sounds like metalcore with brutal growls.
I like Devourment and I often like aspects of this music but way to much of this seems to be oriented towards accessible party death metal with brutal vocals.
As I'm not completely sure how death metal is classified anymore I'm wondering whether there might be some bands I would definitevely like.
Death metal I listen to is
Severed Savior - Brutality is Law, Liturgy - Dawn of Ash, Cannibal Corpse, Tomb of the M, Severe Torture's first two albums, Carcass - reek of putrif, Severed Crotch - the nature of entropy, Decrepit Birth - ...and time begins, Cryptopsy - None so vile, Incantation - everything, and Brodesquin and Disgorge.
Most of this would be considered basic Brutal Death right? Any suggestions for something I would like based on this?
danofort

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naridill wrote:
So I hadn't been listening to death metal for many years (except as far as bestial black metal can be considered as death metal) as most of it didn't hold my interest.
I just recently started to consider going back to Death metal brutality to combat the endless stream of black metal.
As brutal death metal seems to appeal to me more than classic Death, Morbid Angel, Entombed types of death metal I've ventured onwards in search for some seriously brutal sound. I discovered that there seems to be a trend within this scene nowadays called "Slam".
I'm not completely sure what makes a band slam, seems to have started with Devourment? but most of it sounds like metalcore with brutal growls.
I like Devourment and I often like aspects of this music but way to much of this seems to be oriented towards accessible party death metal with brutal vocals.
As I'm not completely sure how death metal is classified anymore I'm wondering whether there might be some bands I would definitevely like.
Severed Savior - Brutality is Law, Liturgy - Dawn of Ash, Cannibal Corpse, Tomb of the M, Severe Torture's first two albums, Carcass - reek of putrif, Severed Crotch - the nature of entropy, Decrepit Birth - ...and time begins, Cryptopsy - None so vile, Incantation - everything, and Brodesquin and Disgorge.
Most of this would be considered basic Brutal Death right? Any suggestions for something I would like based on this?

Putridity, Baalsebub, Excoriation, The Heretics Fork
Naridill

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

danofort wrote:
Naridill wrote:

Putridity, Baalsebub, Excoriation, The Heretics Fork

Fuck yes this is what I was looking for. Listening to the Excoriation s/t now, love this sound.
translucent_nick

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be a total fucked-up sucker & loser for saying the obvious thing, that's well known to the people of this forum, but I'd like to say how much I love the disgusting/pig/bowel/toilet vokill add-ons on the Canadian Revenger albums - they fit the 'misanthropic/human disgust' concepts perfectly.
Ough

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another new Organectomy track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7gkreJIXJU
Pale Rider

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naridill wrote:
but most of it sounds like metalcore with brutal growls.

Name three bands.
CR99

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naridill wrote:

Maybe check Killing Addiction
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZMtJPjzY_8
Ough

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone is lookin' for some real trash heap gorenoise check out G.B.S. (Melbourne) featuring Lachy from Rawhead/Contaminated. They got a killer logo too

https://gbsgore.bandcamp.com/music

Also, waiting for user pooptastik to drop a Ectopic Malignancy sample cuz I'm intrigued Wink Cool
Naridill

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pale Rider wrote:
Naridill wrote:

Name three bands.

Okay I'll do so by throwing in a threeway split by bands which I believe are a good example of slam (right?) Kraanium, Epicardiectomy, Dormant Carnivore
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1DF4zSqcBM&t=2051s
Also another example, Extermination Dismemberment, (Love the vocals here e.g.) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc-E9KODwpM&t=2021s

Maybe this sounded a bit harsh, I didn't mean this as an insult, its just, slam seems to be classified under brutal death metal, but the guitar often reminds me more of deathcore or nu-metal or something, there is obvious bdm influence as well, but this seems much more accessible (acoustic vise).

Again, I know nothing about this genre, I just tried to find out what "slam" was and why this is suddenly a trend.

All insight and critics on my possibly mislead diagnosis is welcomed.
Naridill

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pale Rider wrote:
Naridill wrote:

Name three bands.

Okay I'll do so by throwing in a threeway split by bands which I believe are a good example of slam (right?) Kraanium, Epicardiectomy, Dormant Carnivore
Also another example, Extermination Dismemberment, (Love the vocals here e.g.) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc-E9KODwpM&t=2021s

Maybe this sounded a bit harsh, I didn't mean this as an insult, its just, slam seems to be classified under brutal death metal, but the guitar often reminds me more of deathcore or nu-metal or something, there is obvious bdm influence as well, but this seems much more accessible (acoustic vise).

Again, I know nothing about this genre, I just tried to find out what "slam" was and why this is suddenly a trend.

Ough

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is still one of the hardest slam tracks of the last few years. The thug groove is so strong with this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P113_LnQmsw
Pale Rider

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naridill wrote:
Pale Rider wrote:
Naridill wrote:

Name three bands.

What I meant was, post three bands that sounds like metalcore (or nu-metal like you said now) with brutal growls.
Pro tip: there aren't any.

Of course there are plenty of bands that combine slam death and deathcore (check the latest album by Raped by Pigs, I recommend it) but that's completely different thing.
Flying Jew

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naridill wrote:

It's difficult because you're pretty far off base. First off, it's not new - slamming has been around since Devourment (i.e. quite awhile). Do you play guitar? If so, you should instantly recognize the way riffs are structured in metalcore, nu-metal, slam, brutal death metal, deathcore, etc. are very different. Not just that but the real give-away is the interaction between the vocals and guitar. It's easier for me to describe the difference as a musician rather than a listener.

It helps to know the difference between a slam and a breakdown. Deathcore bands for example emphasize vocals and usually feature breakdowns (not slams). Breakdowns are usually one note or incredibly simple. There are usually aren't very many riffs in -core bands and they're rarely complex riffs.

A slam, on the other hand, is pretty different than a breakdown. Slams emphasize slower, heavy, catchy, chromatic riffs. Deathcore bands that use slams are usually referred to as "slamming deathcore" because breakdowns are expected in deathcore but slamming isn't standard. Brutal death metal bands or slam bands on the other hand rarely, if ever, use breakdowns AFAIK.

My best advice would be to check out the SLAM WORLDWIDE channel on Youtube and just listen to dozens and dozens of bands on there. After awhile you might be wondering why brutal death metal and slam share any sort of platform with bands ending in "core" - even when they share love of slams, it's ultimately very different music.

Listen to Human Error and then Epicardiectomy. Human Error is a slamming deathcore band and they sound absolutely nothing like Epicardiectomy. They might have slamming in common but the music is fundamentally different - like all bands ending in -core.
Too Dark Park

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recently received my copy of CEREBRAL INCUBATION - bifurcation of primordial slamateurs CD, this is exactly what I was looking for.
What other bands are close to this sound?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 11 of 19

Jump to: