P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

MISŽYRMING - Algleymi - New album 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThulsaDooom

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some top tier edgelord comments in here. Looking at a dude's instagram account and feeling anything is the gayest fucking thing I've ever read here. Quite an accomplishment.

Album must be a classic with all the hate here.
bartwa

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waiting for the LP to arrive for the first listen. Have some hopes but won't be disappointed if it's crap or sth not to my liking.
VMP-Supporter

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol reading all these hatin comments of you guys.

I must say that this album is full of passion when I'm listening to it.
I really get the impression that people took time to build an own style and took a huge amount of emotion into the compositions.
Also the vocals are other-worldly.

Concerning the production: It is really hard to achieve such a guitar sound. Yes it is not that aggressive. But it is huge.
The whole production is huge. When you listening to it on a proper soundsystem that goes down to 30 hz and dont alter the frequencies too much you hear how full and huge everything sounds. Old Black Metal recordings sound very thin and small compared to this.

And I dont think it has a typical nuclear blast plastic sound. You can produce modern while having charme and magic. As well as you can figure out your own style with complex melodies without sounding wimpy.

Of course if you like your Metal always raw and dirty then this is the wrong release for you. Although I must admit that unfortunately many of nowadays raw underground bands just dont know how to develop an own style properly or dont have the passion to take a lot of time for that. They just shit something out and call it true.
Phlegma

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i only have problems with the vocals. that's it Very Happy
otherwise cool record but will skip.
AAM

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThulsaDooom wrote:
Some top tier edgelord comments in here. Looking at a dude's instagram account and feeling anything is the gayest fucking thing I've ever read here. Quite an accomplishment.

Top tier edgelord comments for edgelord music. Quite edgy of you calling people gay as well, lol.

But seriously tho, have you read that Bardo Methodology interview? It's got to be the most stupid interview I've ever read.
muzpellsynir

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naridill wrote:
muzpellsynir wrote:
Icelandic BM is truly drowning in its own hype. This isn't as weak as the Svartidaudi and Sinmara albums but it's definitely lacking a bit of fire the first album had.

I think you may be missing something, Svartidauši f.e. delivered the aoty in 2012 when Flesh Cathedral was released, the new album released last year was probably the aoty for me as well.
Sinmara have only done outstanding works as well.
Maybe you need to see these bands live to grasp the essence, but I've always found (since the demo releases) that these bands have that extra thing which I look for in a band, that fire.

I've seen both bands. Flesh cathedral is outstanding which is why I think the new stuff is extremely weak. Everything up to Synthesis was volcanic but that album last year was the biggest disappointment with their discography I thought. That first Sinmara album is brilliant as well, same with the Misthyrming debut. Maybe you need to understand that it's just my opinion really. All I see is a steady decline in good Icelandic BM. Almyrkvi released an outstanding album and I'll be eager to hear new Wormlust.
aphidhair

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AAM wrote:
ThulsaDooom wrote:

Top tier edgelord comments for edgelord music. Quite edgy of you calling people gay as well, lol.

But seriously tho, have you read that Bardo Methodology interview? It's got to be the most stupid interview I've ever read.

It was a bad interview. I don't even know if it qualifies as edgelord-y as much as just "Old Man yells at cloud." I did enjoy seeing dweebs personally affronted by it on social media though. That at least is the silver lining.

Anyway, music is fine. Better than I expected actually from what I heard.
AAM

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aphidhair wrote:
AAM wrote:
ThulsaDooom wrote:

It was a bad interview. I don't even know if it qualifies as edgelord-y as much as just "Old Man yells at cloud."

..except for the fact that the dude is 25(?).

He sure knows a lot about the ÜBERMENSCH and the RULES OF REAL AUTHENTIC NINETIES BLACK METAL for someone his age tho. LOL
aphidhair

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AAM wrote:
aphidhair wrote:
AAM wrote:
ThulsaDooom wrote:

It was a bad interview. I don't even know if it qualifies as edgelord-y as much as just "Old Man yells at cloud."

..except for the fact that the dude is 25(?).

He sure knows a lot about the ÜBERMENSCH and the RULES OF REAL AUTHENTIC NINETIES BLACK METAL for someone his age tho. LOL

Oh, I know, the best old men are the young dudes who have lived with socialized medicine, free education and unlimited access to high speed internet.
Baron Death

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 8:57 am    Post subject: MISŽYRMING - Algleymi - New album 2019 Reply with quote

I can't stop listening to the album. Totally happy and content with the sound. I dig the little bit more melody. Still love the first album. No complaints at all.
Feuersturm

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great. Noticed the more melodic songs this time. Drums are maybe a bit tidy in sound, but everything works together quite well. Vocals are otherwise fine but get a bit hateforesty here and there. Buying soon.
Emplate

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The debut is great, probably gets a spot in my top ten of 2010s, so preordered the new LP instantly. Will be saving the first listen 'till I have the physical copy. But yeah, that totally was an awkward and even a bit disappointing interview. Such a show-off, trying to give this tough guy attitude, but ending up seeming like a kiss ass.
Woundfucker

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

music is pretty good, i like it. but i don't like those vocals. i don't even know what's with the vocals? more than one layer of vocals? sounds a bit 'hardcore', but yeah, not bad.
Fullmoon91

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interview was fine, I think. Will check this out, ignored this scene for a while but gave Sinmara a try recently and it was quite good.
Dismal

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hallucinogen wrote:
There's some catchy head-tapping toe-banging riffs in there.
That interview caught me a bit off guard though, it sounds like it's some NWN! forum user ranting about SJWs and antifa Laughing

Just got round to listening to it. Sounds good I think and I agree, that it's pretty catchy in places as well as being more melodic than I was expecting. I can definitely hear some Drudkh/Hate forest in it, particularly in the first half. I think the last 3 songs are best.

I remember seeing them live a few years ago and thinking they were decent, but not great..

Now I'm going to read the interview and be entertained.

edit-Yep, a pretty eye-roll inducing interview!

Last edited by Dismal on Fri May 24, 2019 6:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: