P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Dissection forum
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Frozen



Joined: 27 Oct 2012
Posts: 3498

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 6:26 am    Post subject: Dissection forum Reply with quote

I have decided to revive the Dissection forum I created half a decade ago. I have cleaned up the boards, revived old threads, and posted new content.

One might question whether a forum for this band is relevant in 2019, but I feel it's a great ressource for fans of the band, and the "members only" board has been great for digging up information on the occult currents present within '90s black metal.

So if anyones sitting on some old articles or whatever, please sign up and share!

Latest post: http://dissection.createaforum.com/interviews-reviews/en-guide-til-underjorden-by-jon-nodtveidt-metal-zone-5-1994/
_________________
Dissection forum: http://dissection.createaforum.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zixul



Joined: 28 Aug 2017
Posts: 107

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice, appreciated ! will make sure to check it more often;

p.s. wondering which is the ;Eternal Evil; song from Nifelheim mentioned in the reviews (from the translation)?
cheers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Frozen



Joined: 27 Oct 2012
Posts: 3498

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just translated and posted one of the best articles written on the band in the '90s:

http://dissection.createaforum.com/interviews-reviews/i-am-ready-to-kill-nrg-nr-3-primo-1996/msg869/#msg869

Zixul wrote:
p.s. wondering which is the ;Eternal Evil; song from Nifelheim mentioned in the reviews (from the translation)?
cheers


Great question! Perhaps the title was changed for the final album?
_________________
Dissection forum: http://dissection.createaforum.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Frozen



Joined: 27 Oct 2012
Posts: 3498

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if the old French Dissection forum still exists?
_________________
Dissection forum: http://dissection.createaforum.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Svartvintras



Joined: 04 Dec 2016
Posts: 213

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for translating the Swedish article, I really appreciate this sort of thing. Don't have much to contribute but I'll be scouring the shit out of the forum. Great job!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Frozen



Joined: 27 Oct 2012
Posts: 3498

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Svartvintras wrote:
Thanks for translating the Swedish article, I really appreciate this sort of thing. Don't have much to contribute but I'll be scouring the shit out of the forum. Great job!


Thank you. I really appreciate that!

Frozen wrote:
I have just translated and posted one of the best articles written on the band in the '90s:

http://dissection.createaforum.com/interviews-reviews/i-am-ready-to-kill-nrg-nr-3-primo-1996/msg869/#msg869

Zixul wrote:
p.s. wondering which is the ;Eternal Evil; song from Nifelheim mentioned in the reviews (from the translation)?
cheers


Great question! Perhaps the title was changed for the final album?


I just had a conversation with Mörk from Malign who cleared this up. Eternal Evil was a demo track that was cut from the self-titled album as it sounded "too Norwegian".
_________________
Dissection forum: http://dissection.createaforum.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Frozen



Joined: 27 Oct 2012
Posts: 3498

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am looking for the so-called "lost interview" posted by Dissection's US promoter Jim Mills. A few excerpts can be found on Blabberbouth and a slew of other sites, but the actual interview seems to have vanished with the recent Myspace crash. Any help would be great appreciated!

The Blabbermouth post:

Quote:
DISSECTION's JON NÖDTVEIDT: 'Lost' Interview Surfaces

DISSECTION's U.S. promoter, Jim Mills, has posted a previously unpublished interview with the group's frontman, Jon Nödtveidt, on his MySpace page. As previously reported, Nödtveidt, 31, was found dead on August 16 at his apartment in Hässelby, a suburb of Stockholm, Sweden, the apparent victim of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Commented Mills: "I posted this lost interview from early 2005 for fans of DISSECTION. I am shocked that Jon decided to eave this world so abruptly, and it sucks. Jon was always honest and lived up to everything he said he would do. Last we spoke is when he found out that there was no way he would be given a visa. So we had to can the USA shows, and at the end of the conversation I thanked him, and told him I hope he decides at one point to play DISSECTION tunes in a live setting again. The only time I started acting like a fan and losing my 'professionalism.'

"I can't speculate why Jon did what he did that day. All I know is that DISSECTION will never be replaced, and not one single band compares to DISSECTION. Jon will be missed by his family, friends and fans. I know I do."

A few excerpts from the interview follow:


Q: In regards to bands like DIMMU BORGIR, CRADLE OF FILTH and the like, would you say the main attraction is their imagery, which some would say is almost the new glam-rock or the musical aspects?

Jon: The image.

Q: Now that you are older, been in prison, and had a lot of time to look at your life, how or what did you decide to change with your life, and any changes with DISSECTION?

Jon: Death as my advisor in life. Every day is my last.

Q: Here in America mainstream media is being responsive to heavier (and I say that very loosely) music. Major labels are signing bands left and right, what is your take on this? Would you want DISSECTION to be a part of this trend?

Jon: Mainstream or underground, we use the tools at our disposal.

Q: What do you think you have missed out during the down time of DISSECTION?

Jon: Nothing that I can't do today.

Q: DISSECTION came to an abrupt stop, right when the Swedish scene was gaining more and more exposure due to the ground work that DISSECTION and AT THE GATES laid down. At that point when DISSECTION was on hold, what were your thoughts in regards to the future of DISSECTION, and yourself?

Jon: To rise from the ashes.

Q: Has being in prison affected the music for the new material in any way?

Jon: Inevitably yes.

Q: How difficult was it for you to keep your focus while being in prison? And how did you?

Jon: The time in prison was an opportunity in itself to focus. I walk this sinister path in its full length.

Q: There are many different interpatations of what Satanism is. Some people use the Christian idea, and some use a more toned down self indulgent idea. What is your personal idea and take on being a Satanist?

Jon: To lead things to its end. And to create new beginnings.

Q: What things do you lead to its end? And what would constitute a new beginning in your life?

Jon: Life/death/transcendence.

Q: Would you consider yourself religious?

Jon: A follower of the inner self. A devotee of the Dark Gods.

Q: Does your being a devotee of the dark gods apply to all religions that possess a dark or evil deities? The new single is about a Hindu Goddess, I am assuming that is a part of the whole encompassed Dark Gods.

Jon: A devotee of the Dark Gods, meaning a devotee of the spiritual essence behind the dark side of all religious and mythological traditions. Maha Kali is the terrifying aspect of the dark mother goddess in Hindu religion/myth. Her name translating The Great Black, she who devours all, she is the wrathful one who devours the entire cosmic creation in the time of the complete dissolution, Kali yuga, the ending times. The dark mother is the womb and the tomb.

Q: Where do you want to take DISSECTION now? What things that you did not have the chance to do before, would you like to do now?

Jon: All I want is everything and nothing.

Q: Metal has always been controversial in the public eye, always being linked to negative connotations. Some fans take music too serious and literally, what is your take on bands that get blamed for people killing and acting like fools, using bands like SLAYER, JUDAS PRIEST, as the root of their decisions?

Jon: Well, someone using metal bands as the root of their decisions is probably not a bigger fool than someone using herd mentality, television, society or the church. So go ahead, just follow the lyrics if that's how you feel. Personally, I'm on the highway to Hell!

Q: When you eventually die, what do you see happening? Do you believe humans have souls, or spirits, or only memories for people that still maintain memories of us?

Jon: I believe in the breaking of the cosmic cycle. I believe in the formless eternity beyond, in which those who carry the formless spirit will live on forever.

Q: What makes Jon happy in life?

Jon: The end.

Q: At this point in your career and life, what are your priorities and most important factors?

Jon: Walking the left hand path.

Q: What religion, if you were to choose only one, as the most beneficial to humans.

Jon: The benefits of humans are not my specialty.

Read the entire interview at this location (dead link).


Link: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/dissection-s-jon-n-dtveidt-lost-interview-surfaces/
_________________
Dissection forum: http://dissection.createaforum.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zixul



Joined: 28 Aug 2017
Posts: 107

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frozen wrote:
Svartvintras wrote:
Thanks for translating the Swedish article, I really appreciate this sort of thing. Don't have much to contribute but I'll be scouring the shit out of the forum. Great job!


Thank you. I really appreciate that!

Frozen wrote:
I have just translated and posted one of the best articles written on the band in the '90s:

http://dissection.createaforum.com/interviews-reviews/i-am-ready-to-kill-nrg-nr-3-primo-1996/msg869/#msg869

Zixul wrote:
p.s. wondering which is the ;Eternal Evil; song from Nifelheim mentioned in the reviews (from the translation)?
cheers


Great question! Perhaps the title was changed for the final album?


I just had a conversation with Mörk from Malign who cleared this up. Eternal Evil was a demo track that was cut from the self-titled album as it sounded "too Norwegian".


Ah! great to know, thanks a lot Frozen! I am wondering if that songs lays recorded somewhere in demos or stuff, but that goes off topic (or not?) Smile

Any thoughts on the Blood.Fire.Death. - Dissection-related part? I am not sure how much reflects what was really happening; especially the part about the Midsummer Massacre leaves the impression that there was significantly less interest in the event, than expected (however, it is left to understand that Jon wasn't bothered by that at all); I don't know, something in the 'tone' of writing just doesn't seem right to me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Frozen



Joined: 27 Oct 2012
Posts: 3498

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zixul wrote:
Frozen wrote:
Svartvintras wrote:
Thanks for translating the Swedish article, I really appreciate this sort of thing. Don't have much to contribute but I'll be scouring the shit out of the forum. Great job!


Thank you. I really appreciate that!

Frozen wrote:
I have just translated and posted one of the best articles written on the band in the '90s:

http://dissection.createaforum.com/interviews-reviews/i-am-ready-to-kill-nrg-nr-3-primo-1996/msg869/#msg869

Zixul wrote:
p.s. wondering which is the ;Eternal Evil; song from Nifelheim mentioned in the reviews (from the translation)?
cheers


Great question! Perhaps the title was changed for the final album?


I just had a conversation with Mörk from Malign who cleared this up. Eternal Evil was a demo track that was cut from the self-titled album as it sounded "too Norwegian".


Ah! great to know, thanks a lot Frozen! I am wondering if that songs lays recorded somewhere in demos or stuff, but that goes off topic (or not?) Smile

Any thoughts on the Blood.Fire.Death. - Dissection-related part? I am not sure how much reflects what was really happening; especially the part about the Midsummer Massacre leaves the impression that there was significantly less interest in the event, than expected (however, it is left to understand that Jon wasn't bothered by that at all); I don't know, something in the 'tone' of writing just doesn't seem right to me.


Mörk used to have a copy of the Nifelheim track, so it's probably out there somewhere.

As for Blood Fire Death, I really enjoyed reading the book, and I think it was a pretty accurate description of the events as they unfolded.
_________________
Dissection forum: http://dissection.createaforum.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Frozen



Joined: 27 Oct 2012
Posts: 3498

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have made an attempt to recreate the entire Rebirth of Dissection news cycle for those interested: http://dissection.createaforum.com/rebirth-era/the-rebirth-of-dissection-news-cycle/msg873/#msg873
_________________
Dissection forum: http://dissection.createaforum.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zixul



Joined: 28 Aug 2017
Posts: 107

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frozen wrote:
I have made an attempt to recreate the entire Rebirth of Dissection news cycle for those interested: http://dissection.createaforum.com/rebirth-era/the-rebirth-of-dissection-news-cycle/msg873/#msg873


great work!

correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the last thing Jon ever recorded was the guitars for the cover of 'Insulter of jesus christ' with Nifelheim, part of the Thunder Metal split (CD version) with Vulcano, right? That should've been somewhere in 2006 maybe?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tireheb



Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 11705
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zixul wrote:
correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the last thing Jon ever recorded was the guitars for the cover of 'Insulter of jesus christ' with Nifelheim, part of the Thunder Metal split (CD version) with Vulcano, right? That should've been somewhere in 2006 maybe?


It's no secret, well known fact.

http://www.bardomethodology.com/articles/2016/03/14/nifelheim/

Quote:
Jon has had an important role in Nifelheim throughout the years. Besides actively promoting the band, he played a few guitar leads on the first two records (“Nifelheim” from 1995 and “Devil’s Force” from 1998) – however, internment courtesy of the judicial system prevented him from appearing on the third (“Servants of Darkness”, 2000).

– The CD version of the VULCANO split will include a bonus song featuring Jon, Hellbutcher reveals, it was the last recording he ever did.

_________________
OUT OF THE DUNGEON label website and distrolist:
https://outofthedungeon.net/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Zixul



Joined: 28 Aug 2017
Posts: 107

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tireheb wrote:
Zixul wrote:
correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the last thing Jon ever recorded was the guitars for the cover of 'Insulter of jesus christ' with Nifelheim, part of the Thunder Metal split (CD version) with Vulcano, right? That should've been somewhere in 2006 maybe?


It's no secret, well known fact.

http://www.bardomethodology.com/articles/2016/03/14/nifelheim/

Quote:
Jon has had an important role in Nifelheim throughout the years. Besides actively promoting the band, he played a few guitar leads on the first two records (“Nifelheim” from 1995 and “Devil’s Force” from 1998) – however, internment courtesy of the judicial system prevented him from appearing on the third (“Servants of Darkness”, 2000).

– The CD version of the VULCANO split will include a bonus song featuring Jon, Hellbutcher reveals, it was the last recording he ever did.


the Bardo article is a translation of some old interview, but that's where I read it, now I remember, yes, thanks Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tireheb



Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 11705
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it was made for Sweden Rock magazine but editor of Bardo Methodology is also the original author of the interview.
_________________
OUT OF THE DUNGEON label website and distrolist:
https://outofthedungeon.net/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Frozen



Joined: 27 Oct 2012
Posts: 3498

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to both of you! I have added the information to the Nifelheim thread on the forum.
_________________
Dissection forum: http://dissection.createaforum.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group