P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

DEATHSPELL OMEGA "The Furnaces of Palingenesia"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LegioNoire wrote:
In July 1523 Martin Luther translated the Pentateuch into German, but I'm not sure if this is the thing the song is talking about.

Also in 1523 Heinrich Voes and Johann Esch were burned at the stake in Brussels for being protestants, so, obviously something about the reformation.

They had already quoted Martin Luther in Kenose.
axebix

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be more interested to know the lyrics of Vomitor - Pestilent Death LP than all this fancy talk.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

axebix wrote:
I would be more interested to know the lyrics of Vomitor - Pestilent Death LP than all this fancy talk.

+666

I never liked anything DSO made after Fas, although it is interesting to decrypt their wikipedia/tumblr intellectual lyrics, I discovered some cool books and philosophers through them, but that is about it.

Last edited by 1981 on Thu May 23, 2019 5:53 am; edited 1 time in total
ghaaroth

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1981 wrote:
What happened in 1523? by googling it appears to have something to do with the theological debates of the Reformation?
Quote:
How fondly we remember 1523 and the league of the ElectÖ tiny seeds that turn hundreds into the millions in the blink of an eye, as Man makes outstanding progress. Letís sing to the memory of the league of the Elect! Letís sing to seeds of hope and their harvests, they will shatter the core of the earth and make the heavens shiver in horror!

League of the Elect was a radical protestant group of Thomas MŁntzer.
Hallucinogen

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just beginning Standing on the Work of Slaves and jesus christ, this album so far is full of sweet and weird riffs.
Phlegma

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the last is pretty interesting Shocked
LegioNoire

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phlegma wrote:
the last is pretty interesting Shocked

Is that Aspa's voice?
axebix

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1981 wrote:
axebix wrote:

+666

I never liked anything DSO made after Fas, although it is interesting to decrypt their wikipedia/tumblr intellectual lyrics, I discovered some cool books and philosophers through them, but that is about it.

I can understand the wikipedia part, but why tumblr? Isn't that like instagram or something?
Climbatize311

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First run through and maybe a bit disappointed. Itís still very much in the Drought/Synarchy style. Was hoping Ad Arma signaled a more holistic change in style.

That said, the songwriting is definitely the most coherent itís been since Paracletus which is welcome. And thereís some real wtf moments (in Splinters and Imitatio especially). The slowest songs though are the most compelling.

Literally one listen though so will give it time.
Candlemass

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoroughly enjoyed the first listen; DSO NEVER dissapoints.
All the fags insisting with their "they suck now" bullshit need to leave this thread. How many times you wimps have said the same fucking thing? We get it, now fuck off.

gromcrom wrote:
Other fails must listen instead homeless hiking gypsy of Darkthrones.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

axebix wrote:
I can understand the wikipedia part, but why tumblr? Isn't that like instagram or something?

Sort of, Tumblr is a blog site whose userbase is mostly made out of depressed teenagers that share enlightened nihilistic quotes, drawings, movies, and poetry that in some way reminds me of DSO's lyrics, basically Tumblr is the 2014 equivalent of the 2004 sad goth kid on MySpace.

That site is the walking stereotype of the hipster calling for safe spaces in music and for being against "hateful" bands, but Tumblr on itself is pretty much dead, and Metal-related stuff there was always minimal even for the most mainstream MTV bands, maybe their users migrated to Instagram but I do not follow this one either so I don't know.

The only positive thing I could find on that shit is that apart from their Vice-esque hipsterism, I could surprisingly find some few neat (or sometimes rare) photos, interviews, and flyers from various great bands, for example, search for "Amebix Tumblr" to find some, but hey, I never had an account there, so, I am just saying stuff that I could find there myself
flowersofevil

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Climbatize311 wrote:
First run through and maybe a bit disappointed. Itís still very much in the Drought/Synarchy style. Was hoping Ad Arma signaled a more holistic change in style.

That said, the songwriting is definitely the most coherent itís been since Paracletus which is welcome. And thereís some real wtf moments (in Splinters and Imitatio especially). The slowest songs though are the most compelling.

Literally one listen though so will give it time.

The off-time crusty riff in the middle of Splinters is fucking perfection.

I've listened through about 4 times so far and am loving it. I've loved every album since Si Monumentum... except for Fas though.

I personally feel like this one sounds more like Paracletus and even touches of SMRS than Synarchy or Drought.
Hallucinogen

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Candlemass wrote:
Thoroughly enjoyed the first listen; DSO NEVER dissapoints.
All the fags insisting with their "they suck now" bullshit need to leave this thread. How many times you wimps have said the same fucking thing? We get it, now fuck off.

Agree on the first point. Doesn't sound as overproduced as previous albums. Both in terms of music and lyrics it's way more down to earth, while still being, you know, crazy.

Also agree on the second point; what the fuck is up with this incessant posturing Laughing you should probably go and do something productive before
Deathspell Omega come and empty a 'barrel in your face'.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back on topic, anyone found strange that for the first time ever they finally revealed the name of the studio that they recorded the album on?

Hasjarl had owned a private studio that was solely built to record DSO material.

axebix

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1981 wrote:
axebix wrote:

Sort of, Tumblr is a blog site whose userbase is mostly made out of depressed teenagers that share enlightened nihilistic quotes, drawings, movies, and poetry that in some way reminds me of DSO's lyrics, basically Tumblr is the 2014 equivalent of the 2004 sad goth kid on MySpace.

That site is the walking stereotype of the hipster calling for safe spaces in music and for being against "hateful" bands, but Tumblr on itself is pretty much dead, and Metal-related stuff there was always minimal even for the most mainstream MTV bands, maybe their users migrated to Instagram but I do not follow this one either so I don't know.

The only positive thing I could find on that shit is that apart from their Vice-esque hipsterism, I could surprisingly find some few neat (or sometimes rare) photos, interviews, and flyers from various great bands, for example, search for "Amebix Tumblr" to find some, but hey, I never had an account there, so, I am just saying stuff that I could find there myself

It's just that I heard the term "youtubecore" from some girl few nights ago and I couldn't believe that people are using names of the sites to describe art.

Please don't that, 1981. Sometimes your vocabulary reminds me of meme hipsters I have to deal with on collage.
I certainly don't envy you for knowing all those things about tumblr.

Oh and, I just found some cunts posing with their "crust" pants with patches. Great.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 19 of 25

Jump to: