P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Anything even remotely cool in San Diego?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SABBATICAL MANIAC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Records city and loues records are best..... Just go Down to Tijuana and get some Hookers..
OrdenSatani

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad you won't be down April 25th, there is going to be a "Metal Swap Meet" in San Diego with food, beer, and merch stands. There's even gonna be a raffle giving away free Kreator tickets. It's gonna be a fucking blast.

If you've got the balls to cross the border into Mexico right now with the insane drug cartel shit going on, I think you'd find a lot more fun shit to do there than in SD.
bornforburning

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanx again for all the reccomendations, im leaving today if anyone thinks of anything new!
God Slayer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

- Zoo/Wild Animal Park is one of the best I've ever been to. Shell out the money and spend your day there -- it's worth it!

- Drive a couple hours north to Los Angeles and go to Amoeba Music. The place is utterly HUGE and has a really good metal section. Plus, the ride is worth it and you can go to Venice Beach or something for the rest of your day.
bornforburning

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

God Slayer wrote:
- Zoo/Wild Animal Park is one of the best I've ever been to. Shell out the money and spend your day there -- it's worth it!

- Drive a couple hours north to Los Angeles and go to Amoeba Music. The place is utterly HUGE and has a really good metal section. Plus, the ride is worth it and you can go to Venice Beach or something for the rest of your day.

Ah cool, is LA really only a couple hours away? I've been to the San fran amoeba and it was pretty cool.
Chit019

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bornforburning wrote:
God Slayer wrote:

Ah cool, is LA really only a couple hours away? I've been to the San fran amoeba and it was pretty cool.

Yeah, like 3 to 4 hours. Amoeba LA is hit or miss, last time I went I didnt get any good shit beside the Saint Vitus re-release Lp, It's a great hunting ground tho.
God Slayer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah my memory was a little fuzzy there. I was out that way about a year ago and drove from LA to SD and it was an enjoyable ride. Not bad if you pack a lunch and stop along the way to eat it and break up the trip. There is a ton to do in LA though, so even if you don't find anything at Amoeba, you'll still have a good time.
bornforburning

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

killer, thanx guys!
RS

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bodies exhibit is in San Diego right now.

www.bodiestheexhibition.com
alkahest

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacrilegio wrote:
Fuck, I am heading to Boston in a couple days and I was hoping there would be record stores there. If there is anything remotely interesting there, please let me know.

I was just in San Diego(La Jolla) to visit some cousins of mine. In San Diego there is the Gaslamp district, which is entertaining at night. There is also the world famous San Diego Zoo, Seaworld(Shamu reminds me of Abbath..) Legoland, and the nice SoCal beaches. There is not much of a metal scene there; Deathevokation is the only band I know that is active in San Diego(there was also Crimson Moon, but I believe there are in Germany now). If you are interested in shows in San Diego, check out Moshking.com.

I used to live in Boston.... Newbury Comics is a record store that isn't bad at all if you don't mind all the fucking toys on the wall.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: