P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Need SABBAT Karisma symbols scan !!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ThornCross



Joined: 07 Aug 2006
Posts: 2112

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:57 am    Post subject: Need SABBAT Karisma symbols scan !!! Reply with quote

Hail Sabbat maniacs :
I need a good resolution scan of this part of the cover.
(The japanese letters in the green zone)
Only the four first lines is ok I think... it seems to be a repetition
of the symbols.

Thanks.


_________________
www.chrismoyen.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
guitar_Demon



Joined: 01 Dec 2007
Posts: 418
Location: the islands

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hope this ones good enough


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vorfeed



Joined: 09 Mar 2008
Posts: 1248
Location: New Mexico, USA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Need SABBAT Karisma symbols scan !!! Reply with quote

ThornCross wrote:

Only the four first lines is ok I think... it seems to be a repetition of the symbols.

Yeah, it is. It says "KA RI ZU MA" over and over again, if you start from the upper right corner and read down (Japanese is read that way, in columns starting on the right, not in rows read from the left as English is). Then the next lines start part way through the same word and continue.

In terms of meaning, the characters are "fire plum lord demon", but they are using the characters chiefly for the sounds instead of meaning here.

Hope this helps, or at least is interesting...
_________________
Basar North America / Promethean Burn: http://www.thebasar.org/NorthAmerica
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ThornCross



Joined: 07 Aug 2006
Posts: 2112

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the translation !!!

So, there's only 4 characters.

Thanks for the image but it's not good enough to be used !
Maybe someone know where I could find these Fire, Plum, Lord and demon characters
somewhere on the web ?

I could draw them but the 1st and more the 3rd are too blurred.
_________________
www.chrismoyen.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
dronevil



Joined: 25 May 2007
Posts: 1763
Location: New Zealand

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

李主魔火

hope that helps. you can probably try to copy them into photoshop or word then change the font.

just in case if it's not big enough:
http://www.zdic.net/zd/zi/ZdicE9ZdicADZdic94.htm
_________________
Taphephobia Productions
Mosquito Control
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ThornCross



Joined: 07 Aug 2006
Posts: 2112

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dronevil wrote:
李主魔火

hope that helps. you can probably try to copy them into photoshop or word then change the font.

just in case if it's not big enough:
http://www.zdic.net/zd/zi/ZdicE9ZdicADZdic94.htm


Thanks, it's perfect !!!
_________________
www.chrismoyen.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
iron tyrant



Joined: 17 Jul 2007
Posts: 2481
Location: ITALIA

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: Need SABBAT Karisma symbols scan !!! Reply with quote

vorfeed wrote:
ThornCross wrote:

Only the four first lines is ok I think... it seems to be a repetition of the symbols.

Yeah, it is. It says "KA RI ZU MA" over and over again, if you start from the upper right corner and read down (Japanese is read that way, in columns starting on the right, not in rows read from the left as English is). Then the next lines start part way through the same word and continue.

In terms of meaning, the characters are "fire plum lord demon", but they are using the characters chiefly for the sounds instead of meaning here.

Hope this helps, or at least is interesting...



What do you mean???
When you read Japanese KA RI ZU MA = Karisma
_________________
Into the Menstrual Night We Go-o, Hey-Ho, Hey-Ho...

Professor Black wrote:
NWOBHM is not a style of music.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
vorfeed



Joined: 09 Mar 2008
Posts: 1248
Location: New Mexico, USA

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: Need SABBAT Karisma symbols scan !!! Reply with quote

iron tyrant wrote:
vorfeed wrote:
ThornCross wrote:

Only the four first lines is ok I think... it seems to be a repetition of the symbols.

Yeah, it is. It says "KA RI ZU MA" over and over again, if you start from the upper right corner and read down (Japanese is read that way, in columns starting on the right, not in rows read from the left as English is). Then the next lines start part way through the same word and continue.

In terms of meaning, the characters are "fire plum lord demon", but they are using the characters chiefly for the sounds instead of meaning here.

Hope this helps, or at least is interesting...

What do you mean???
When you read Japanese KA RI ZU MA = Karisma

Yeah. That's exactly what I meant to write above... "they are using the characters chiefly for the sounds instead of meaning", i.e. spelling out "Karisma". Sorry if it didn't come out clear.

Also, if you're going to use the ones posted earlier, make sure they are in the right order:
火 = KA
李 = RI
主 = ZU
魔 = MA

They should be written either vertically, like that, or horizontally starting from the left, like this: 火李主魔
_________________
Basar North America / Promethean Burn: http://www.thebasar.org/NorthAmerica
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ThornCross



Joined: 07 Aug 2006
Posts: 2112

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: Need SABBAT Karisma symbols scan !!! Reply with quote

vorfeed wrote:
iron tyrant wrote:
vorfeed wrote:
ThornCross wrote:

Only the four first lines is ok I think... it seems to be a repetition of the symbols.

Yeah, it is. It says "KA RI ZU MA" over and over again, if you start from the upper right corner and read down (Japanese is read that way, in columns starting on the right, not in rows read from the left as English is). Then the next lines start part way through the same word and continue.

In terms of meaning, the characters are "fire plum lord demon", but they are using the characters chiefly for the sounds instead of meaning here.

Hope this helps, or at least is interesting...

What do you mean???
When you read Japanese KA RI ZU MA = Karisma

Yeah. That's exactly what I meant to write above... "they are using the characters chiefly for the sounds instead of meaning", i.e. spelling out "Karisma". Sorry if it didn't come out clear.

Also, if you're going to use the ones posted earlier, make sure they are in the right order:
火 = KA
李 = RI
主 = ZU
魔 = MA

They should be written either vertically, like that, or horizontally starting from the left, like this: 火李主魔


I just wanted to do that in high res.


_________________
www.chrismoyen.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ThornCross



Joined: 07 Aug 2006
Posts: 2112

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like this ...
Hope it's OK !


_________________
www.chrismoyen.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
vorfeed



Joined: 09 Mar 2008
Posts: 1248
Location: New Mexico, USA

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that is great! If you can find a font which looks more "hand-drawn" like the original, that would improve it a bit, but it looks pretty good as-is, too.
_________________
Basar North America / Promethean Burn: http://www.thebasar.org/NorthAmerica
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ThornCross



Joined: 07 Aug 2006
Posts: 2112

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vorfeed wrote:
Yeah, that is great! If you can find a font which looks more "hand-drawn" like the original, that would improve it a bit, but it looks pretty good as-is, too.


Finally, I drew the symbols instead of searching another font !
It can't be more hand-drawn.
Are they good like that or is there some mistakes ?


_________________
www.chrismoyen.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
guitar_Demon



Joined: 01 Dec 2007
Posts: 418
Location: the islands

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks cool, you doing a new cover for it?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ThornCross



Joined: 07 Aug 2006
Posts: 2112

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guitar_Demon wrote:
looks cool, you doing a new cover for it?


If it's not too late for the cover... yes.

I've just finished the artwork. I sent them a preview and
I'm waiting to know if they like it...
If it's ok, I'll add the japanese letters like on the LP version.
_________________
www.chrismoyen.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
vorfeed



Joined: 09 Mar 2008
Posts: 1248
Location: New Mexico, USA

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThornCross wrote:

Finally, I drew the symbols instead of searching another font !
It can't be more hand-drawn.
Are they good like that or is there some mistakes ?



I think it mostly looks good... the third one is the only one that's maybe a little off. Here's a diagram for it:
http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/cgi-bin/wwwjdic.cgi?163187_%CB%E2

Also, #2 will look better if the dot on the top starts from the left instead of the right:
http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/cgi-bin/wwwjdic.cgi?161938_%BC%E7

Hope this helps.
_________________
Basar North America / Promethean Burn: http://www.thebasar.org/NorthAmerica
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group