P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Rip offs through Paypal
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wilhelm

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: Rip offs through Paypal Reply with quote

How easy is it to reclaim funds through Paypal after a potential Rip-Off? I mean if a buyer is never sent an item(s) he or she paid for, does Paypal go right to the source and withdraw funds from the seller's account or do they (Paypal) repay the buyer directly?

Go brush your doll's hair.
tom245

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buyer ALWAYS wins the claim if they say they haven't received the item. Paypal refunds the buyer using funds from the paypal balance but can't take money from the bank account used for paypal.
Wilhelm

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom245 wrote:
Buyer ALWAYS wins the claim if they say they haven't received the item. Paypal refunds the buyer using funds from the paypal balance but can't take money from the bank account used for paypal.

Thanks for the reply. I was under the impression that if the seller has proof he/she sent the item then Paypal can't touch them. In any case, when you say Paypal balance does Paypal pay the buyer (victim of a scam) directly?

tom245

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not 100% sure what you mean. The paypal company doesn't give the buyer money. They simply move money from one person's paypal account to another persons.
Humus

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can they charge your credit card if they take sides with some asshole buyer?
Sadovahr

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, I was very lucky and in every "item not received" case I had so I got full refunds by paypal (latest case closed was today with success). File a dispute within 45 callendar days from payment. Have in mind that they won't refund you if seller's paypal account is empty of money, instead you'll receive a refund only when seller's ballance has some money in it. If seller provides tracking number things are getting a little complicated, and a little more if the carrier was something like UPS or USPS etc... If you are lucky like I was for some times now things can go ok for you... In an "item not as described" case though, things are MUCH more complicated and in 80% of these cases paypal will fuck you (no refund) especially if the case deals with the authenticity of an item.
Wilhelm

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom245 wrote:
Not 100% sure what you mean. The paypal company doesn't give the buyer money. They simply move money from one person's paypal account to another persons.

Ah, I see now. Thanks for the clarification.

Wilhelm

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadovahr wrote:
well, I was very lucky and in every "item not received" case I had so I got full refunds by paypal (latest case closed was today with success). File a dispute within 45 callendar days from payment. Have in mind that they won't refund you if seller's paypal account is empty of money, instead you'll receive a refund only when seller's ballance has some money in it. If seller provides tracking number things are getting a little complicated, and a little more if the carrier was something like UPS or USPS etc... If you are lucky like I was for some times now things can go ok for you... In an "item not as described" case though, things are MUCH more complicated and in 80% of these cases paypal will fuck you (no refund) especially if the case deals with the authenticity of an item.

Thanks for the response. I currently have $285 in the draw from a transaction that was supposed to have arrived days ago already. Seller provided a tracking # that doesn't register via USPS online + they've suddenly stopped responding to emails. Usually I'm not that worried about a transaction taking a little longer than expected, but all things considered I am rightfully concerned. I contacted Paypal earlier this morning so we'll see what they say.

tom245

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilhelm wrote:
Sadovahr wrote:

Thanks for the response. I currently have $285 in the draw from a transaction that was supposed to have arrived days ago already. Seller provided a tracking # that doesn't register via USPS online + they've suddenly stopped responding to emails. Usually I'm not that worried about a transaction taking a little longer than expected, but all things considered I am rightfully concerned. I contacted Paypal earlier this morning so we'll see what they say.

If it's getting close to 45 days since you sent the payment then open a dispute. you've still got 20 days from then to see if it turns up.
SepticSchizo

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have waited for a refund for 3 years now, dont think Ill ever see it.
dalecooper

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilhelm wrote:

Thanks for the response. I currently have $285 in the draw from a transaction that was supposed to have arrived days ago already. Seller provided a tracking # that doesn't register via USPS online

I can't comment on the rest of your issue, and you certainly could be getting ripped off, but I wanted to address this one thing - if that number is an international registered mail #, bear in mind that USPS seldom logs those in their system until delivery. I have very often tried to track a package from overseas and it keeps telling me there's no record, and then the next day it's on my doorstep. USPS sucks with registered mail.
Down there...

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't make the same mistake I made recently - the seller contacted me with an excuse for his silence days before the dispute ended. I believed him and cancelled the dispute, the claim period ended and the fucker disappeared again. Paypal won't do shit to help you then.

about the tracking number: I actually messed up awhile back and gave the guy the receipt ID no by accident in a rush. I went off on holiday and when I came back there was like 7 emails from him - starting off worried, then accelerated to pissed off and finally relief Laughing

might be a long shot, but maybe thats what happened? Hope you get one of them back...
Wilhelm

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dalecooper wrote:
Wilhelm wrote:

Thanks for the response. I currently have $285 in the draw from a transaction that was supposed to have arrived days ago already. Seller provided a tracking # that doesn't register via USPS online

I can't comment on the rest of your issue, and you certainly could be getting ripped off, but I wanted to address this one thing - if that number is an international registered mail #, bear in mind that USPS seldom logs those in their system until delivery. I have very often tried to track a package from overseas and it keeps telling me there's no record, and then the next day it's on my doorstep. USPS sucks with registered mail.

I'm in the USA.

I know the issues with the tracking numbers. Sometimes, if the pack is sent via parcel post or media mail the tracking numbers won't show up at all. But the items I purchased were sent priority mail which typically registers after it's been sent.

So.... I don't know. It's been almost 15 years since the last time I've been scammed through a sale, and I'm generally careful with this kind of thing (I no longer buy or sell using any methods other than Paypal), but I've never dealt with a seller who suddenly stopped their email exchange. Maybe I'm just jumping the gun, but too much shit is adding up.

Wilhelm

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Down there... wrote:
don't make the same mistake I made recently - the seller contacted me with an excuse for his silence days before the dispute ended. I believed him and cancelled the dispute, the claim period ended and the fucker disappeared again. Paypal won't do shit to help you then.

about the tracking number: I actually messed up awhile back and gave the guy the receipt ID no by accident in a rush. I went off on holiday and when I came back there was like 7 emails from him - starting off worried, then accelerated to pissed off and finally relief Laughing

might be a long shot, but maybe thats what happened? Hope you get one of them back...

Yeah, I intend to keep my dispute claim open until I either receive my items or get a refund. The transaction is still fresh so I'm expecting (at least hoping) some resolve before too long.

derelict

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this case if you use VISA or AMEX with your paypal, you should be able to have them get your cash back for you. Always best to pay through paypal with one of these. They definitely offer much better coverage than that paypal agreement.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: