P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

PURTENANCE - MCMXCI - MCMXCII 2-LP UPDATE!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Mordbrann



Joined: 01 May 2009
Posts: 254

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... is somebody on the rag or something Laughing

If you don't like it don't buy it. Seriously. Nobody is forcing you to. Go on your boycott and the rest of us will continue living while refraining from throwing a "no fair limited vinyl wah wah wah!!!1" hissyfit.

The rights for these are not locked up for 10 years or anything like that. If somebody wants to do an unlimited pressing there isn't a whole lot stopping them.

It's good to have a focus and that's what The Crypt has. Quality, limited vinyl with superb presentation and attention to detail. Obviously, by not always releasing old classics on vinyl, he's a terrible terrible person who's constructing a pyramid of gold in his backyard to use for a local synagogue.

I know plenty more, but true to my nature I don't blab. Needless to say you're full of shit & should shut up. You look foolish enough as it is.
_________________

Mordbrann 001: Beneath (ISL) - Hollow Empty Void
Good traders: Wrathorn [3], headnhalf, addison, leizla
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
brown growth



Joined: 27 Jul 2007
Posts: 956
Location: Vasaaria

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mordbrann wrote:
Needless to say you're full of shit & should shut up. You look foolish enough as it is.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thrashbeast



Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 428

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See, that's the thing around here. Most of you could care less as long as you get what you want. The pope could release an out of print metal record, but as long as it's something you're after, you'd still fucking buy it wouldn't you? Too bad you weren't listening to metal when this was available. You wouldn't have to lower yourself to buying from someone who had no interest in releasing music of this kind until just recently.

Right, like you say, this could have been done at any time. Why didn't this dude release this years ago? Because he probably hadn't even heard of Purtenance and was too busy putting out Novembers Doom shit.

There again someone brings up the fact that this is limited. Why is that so important to you? Would this carry the same appeal if it was limited to 5000 copies? No. You're an internet nowadays metalhead who is only concerned with collecting music instead of keeping idiots away who are looking to cash in on it.

Finally, needless to say, I could give a shit less on how I come across to a board full collector nerds.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Beelzebubba



Joined: 01 Dec 2007
Posts: 286
Location: NC

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...

Last edited by Beelzebubba on Sat May 30, 2009 11:08 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
brown growth



Joined: 27 Jul 2007
Posts: 956
Location: Vasaaria

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrashbeast wrote:
See, that's the thing around here. Most of you could care less as long as you get what you want. The pope could release an out of print metal record, but as long as it's something you're after, you'd still fucking buy it wouldn't you? Too bad you weren't listening to metal when this was available. You wouldn't have to lower yourself to buying from someone who had no interest in releasing music of this kind until just recently.

Right, like you say, this could have been done at any time. Why didn't this dude release this years ago? Because he probably hadn't even heard of Purtenance and was too busy putting out Novembers Doom shit.

There again someone brings up the fact that this is limited. Why is that so important to you? Would this carry the same appeal if it was limited to 5000 copies? No. You're an internet nowadays metalhead who is only concerned with collecting music instead of keeping idiots away who are looking to cash in on it.

Finally, needless to say, I could give a shit less on how I come across to a board full collector nerds.


If the Pope were doing reissues of Purtenance and Excruciate, you bet your whiny ass I'd buy it.

And not everyone on here is a "collector nerd". I personally don't give two shits about die-hards, and I pretty much always just buy the regular versions of releases, as do a lot of other people. I'm also not alone when I say that limitations also don't mean shit and in no way reflect my want to buy something. But of course when people like me don't care, we don't post about vinyl colors, limitations, patches, stickers, etc., hence why you never see us discuss it.

And considering the fact that I was only two when this was released, finding a copy for a reasonable price is hard to come by, and I'm definitely not the only person on here who hasn't even finished college yet.

Nice job backing up your logic with generalizations. You make a very convincing argument.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The_Elite



Joined: 13 Sep 2007
Posts: 2708
Location: London

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thrashbeast- I guess you are just poor and get annoyed that we can all afford to buy diehards even for ebay prices, and you can't. Unlucky. I'd even buy extra copies just so you can't have one. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mordbrann



Joined: 01 May 2009
Posts: 254

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrashbeast wrote:
See, that's the thing around here. Most of you could care less as long as you get what you want. The pope could release an out of print metal record, but as long as it's something you're after, you'd still fucking buy it wouldn't you? Too bad you weren't listening to metal when this was available. You wouldn't have to lower yourself to buying from someone who had no interest in releasing music of this kind until just recently.
The owner of Dark Symphonies has been involved in metal for years.

Quote:
Right, like you say, this could have been done at any time. Why didn't this dude release this years ago? Because he probably hadn't even heard of Purtenance and was too busy putting out Novembers Doom shit.
Again, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Fine if you don't like the Dark Symphonies releases, but to say he didn't know Purtenance Laughing

Quote:
There again someone brings up the fact that this is limited. Why is that so important to you? Would this carry the same appeal if it was limited to 5000 copies? No. You're an internet nowadays metalhead who is only concerned with collecting music instead of keeping idiots away who are looking to cash in on it.
Do you think 5000 copies of this would sell? Come on, you're either incredibly stupid or shamefully disingenuous.

Quote:
Finally, needless to say, I could give a shit less on how I come across to a board full collector nerds.
That's good, because by considering everybody here a collector nerd you trick yourself into ignoring the shame and embarrassment inherent in your posts.
_________________

Mordbrann 001: Beneath (ISL) - Hollow Empty Void
Good traders: Wrathorn [3], headnhalf, addison, leizla
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
thrashbeast



Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 428

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brown growth wrote:
And not everyone on here is a "collector nerd". I personally don't give two shits about die-hards, and I pretty much always just buy the regular versions of releases, as do a lot of other people. I'm also not alone when I say that limitations also don't mean shit and in no way reflect my want to buy something. But of course when people like me don't care, we don't post about vinyl colors, limitations, patches, stickers, etc., hence why you never see us discuss it.

And considering the fact that I was only two when this was released, finding a copy for a reasonable price is hard to come by, and I'm definitely not the only person on here who hasn't even finished college yet.


First off, I wasn't referring to you in my last post which was mainly aimed towards the last person who quoted me. That's great that you don't give a shit about this collector crap and never gave in to some jew like darksymphonies who probably sold ten copies of this CD for over a hundred bucks on eBay to a bunch of morons. You're the minority, though. Everyone else here drools over high prices and limited shit and you'd be blind not to see that and stupid to not realize that those are the types my comments were directed towards.

Since you've revealed your age, it's pretty easy now to understand why you see things the way you do....

The_Elite wrote:
Thrashbeast- I guess you are just poor and get annoyed that we can all afford to buy diehards even for ebay prices, and you can't. Unlucky. I'd even buy extra copies just so you can't have one. Laughing


No, it's just that I'm satisfied with being able to listen to the music itself like I have for the last 20 years and have no interest in purchasing albums to receive a patch or other bonuses or because they're limited. If I do happen to buy something like this, I don't do so intending to trade it away or wait until it sells out and try to make money off it online. I've also worked at a couple of record stores and bought most of this stuff you guys pay out the ass for on eBay for regular prices a long time ago. Surprised
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PhantomOTO



Joined: 15 May 2008
Posts: 426
Location: Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a CD version coming out?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thrashbeast



Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 428

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mordbrann wrote:
The owner of Dark Symphonies has been involved in metal for years.


If by "involved in metal" you mean releasing shitty goth music, running a pathetic distro, and selling overpriced junked on eBay, you'd be correct.

Mordbrann wrote:
Again, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Fine if you don't like the Dark Symphonies releases, but to say he didn't know Purtenance Laughing


Well, you wouldn't know it. I'm not a scene slut by any stretch, but I know enough about this clown to know he had very little involvement with this type of music in the past.

Mordbrann wrote:
Do you think 5000 copies of this would sell? Come on, you're either incredibly stupid or shamefully disingenuous.


Obviously I was just using that number as an example. But who cares if it would sell or not? When you're reissuing something, is it more important that it sells out or that there's always enough copies to go around if someone wants one? I guess it depends on who you are. I think in this case the answer is more than apparent.

Mordbrann wrote:
That's good, because by considering everybody here a collector nerd you trick yourself into ignoring the shame and embarrassment inherent in your posts.


How ironic this statement is! Haha...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thrashbeast



Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 428

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhantomOTO wrote:
Is there a CD version coming out?


Who fucking cares? CDs suck and the sound is inferior. Vinyl is more kvlt and sells for more on eBay.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Humus



Joined: 05 May 2007
Posts: 2889

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrashbeast wrote:
Finally, needless to say, I could give a shit less on how I come across to a board full collector nerds.


Just for the record, and because those who say they don't care always care the most in the end, you come across as a nagging cunt. I consequently skip your posts because it's a total waste of time. You're like a provoking toddler being against something just for the sake of being against something.
Now you'll reply to show how you 'not' care.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PhantomOTO



Joined: 15 May 2008
Posts: 426
Location: Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrashbeast wrote:
PhantomOTO wrote:
Is there a CD version coming out?


Who fucking cares? CDs suck and the sound is inferior. Vinyl is more kvlt and sells for more on eBay.

If the CD has all the same tracks as this release, I'd probably just go for that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sztorm75



Joined: 26 Sep 2008
Posts: 4048
Location: Warsaw, Poland

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, anyone got the mexican PIC-LP? How does it sound and look? I placed order for it in a fit of insanity:)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ThornCross



Joined: 07 Aug 2006
Posts: 2062

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sztorm75 wrote:
BTW, anyone got the mexican PIC-LP?


Soon Laughing
_________________
www.chrismoyen.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group