P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Bolt Thrower and Benediction in Birmingham, England.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vorfeed

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devoured Death wrote:
As soon as we got in we found out that all the realistically sized merchandise was sold out

For some reason this band never, ever brings enough merch to their shows. They could have made thousands at Maryland Deathfest if they'd printed enough shirts and hoodies... instead, it all sold out in an hour and everybody still standing in the huge line got disappointed, as the lucky ones ran off to put their second shirt on Ebay. Too bad -- if there's any band which deserves to make some good money at their gigs, it's Bolt Thrower.

Quote:
I thought it was funny that even acknowledged ripping their own riffs off by seguing World Eater into Cenotaph

heh, they have a very long tradition of starting songs off with that riff -- World Eater, Cenotaph, Embers, Powder Burns, and The Killchain all have it, and it came out of In Battle There Is No Law to begin with. To me, it's not "ripping their own riffs off" as much as it is deliberately using the same intro... kinda like all the Countess albums start with the same motif. I have to admit I don't much like the World Eater/Cenotaph segue live, though... even though I know it's coming, I'm always disappointed not to hear the whole of World Eater!
Gompo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were disappointed with regards to the merch, as has been said, should have brought/made a lot more.

Seems I am the only one a bit disappointed with Bolt Thrower's performance. Good setlist but I didnt see much energy from the band members other than Jo Bench. I was probably expecting too much, they're not exactly youngsters anymore.

I enjoyed Benediction, I've heard their early works a long time ago but cant remember much about them (cant have been that good otherwise I'd remember), and not heard their newest album - however I enjoyed their performance I may give Killing Music a go.

Beholder were definitely ill-fitting to the rest of the line-up. I respect them for giving it a go, infront of what was probably an intimidating crowd.
Devoured Death

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True about the intro riff... I agree I wasn't overly keen on the segue though, World Eater is a killer track and I would have liked to have heard it in it's entirety.

Maybe "ripping off" is a bad term, I didn't mean it in a negative way. It might only be two notes, but it's a great riff/intro!

Beholder seemed to go down really well with all the trendy fags at the gig, I saw their guitarist mincing around getting photos taken with groupies for a large proportion of the night. I personally have no respect for them, they're just another band trying to whore themselves out by using the Sophie Lancaster as a way to worm their way onto line-ups.
Gompo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With regards to Beholder, I dont know anything about them - They're not my sort of music and hadnt heard of them until Saturday.

If they're as you say then that's poor form. I didnt see them with the trend fags, but I can imagine they would go down pretty well with that crowd. To be honest the trend fags (i just call them gimps) seemed to be in relatively small supply compared with other gigs I've attended - but then i do tend to go to high-ish profile gigs.
Nekrokunt_Usurper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beholder? Local band right? Just looked at their myspace which doesn't really do them any favours. Overly flashy and looks like most others, I can't be bothered with the music (at work anyway so can't check it out...)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: