P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Morbid Angel / Slaughterlord Split EP
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peterott

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:05 am    Post subject: Morbid Angel / Slaughterlord Split EP Reply with quote

One question about this old Split 7" for some Morbid Angel and/or Slaughterlord experts:

=> Can anyone confirm if this has been released at first by a small fanclub as Flexi-7" ? And therefore all later normal 7"-EPs are bootlegs (and hence the shitty sound cause they used the Flexi 7" as source) ??

I have never seen this anywhere as Flexi 7". Only these two versions in the pics below (left one the first version I always thought of which is limited 666 (Dolores Marie Rec.) / right one ultracheap crap 7"-xeroxed sleeve from early 90es, limited 222 which ignores Slaughterlord except for the Side-A titlelist and 99.9% a Hegewald/Hellion bootleg). If someone has this Flexi 7", I would highly appreciate a confirmation and picture. Thanks.

front side:

back side:

Demonomancy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never saw and heard about a Flexi version.
I only have the cheap 7inch on the right side.
CR99

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i didnt even knew about this split
the right one has labels like my massacre live bootleg LP. no coincidence i guess?
Kapalika

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never heard about a flexi either, then again I donīt consider myself an expert.

By the way: The left version was possibly also bootlegged by Hellion, I bought the very same version years ago from them and while there is a box with the limitation number (666) there is no handwritten number.

I canīt find my copy at the moment, hence no picture (I guess it is an exact copy of the Doloroes layout anyway).
peterott

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kapalika wrote:
I have never heard about a flexi either, then again I donīt consider myself an expert.

By the way: The left version was possibly also bootlegged by Hellion, I bought the very same version years ago from them and while there is a box with the limitation number (666) there is no handwritten number.

I canīt find my copy at the moment, hence no picture (I guess it is an exact copy of the Doloroes layout anyway).

My red cover/blue clear vinyl doesn't have a numbering either. Bought it in 1999 off a selling list.
Kapalika

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterott wrote:

My red cover/blue clear vinyl doesn't have a numbering either. Bought it in 1999 off a selling list.

Ha, same here (sales list from Hellion Recs)... together with some other items like the Slaughter - Nocturnal Hell ep which was also limited to 1000 copies but not numbered either so I assumed they were bootlegs anyway.
Roy Necroharmonic

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as far as I know both of those pictured EPs are bootlegs....

the original EP was yellow vinyl....I had a copy I bought in in 1989 or 1990 from Seraphic decay...I never even seen those other two versions !

holgerdanske

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roy Necroharmonic wrote:
as far as I know both of those pictured EPs are bootlegs....

the original EP was yellow vinyl....I had a copy I bought in in 1989 or 1990 from Seraphic decay...I never even seen those other two versions !

Mine is like Roy's, but I've always assumed it was a bootleg to begin with!
Roy Necroharmonic

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh well those others ( clear and flexi ) I think are bootlegs of a bootleg ( the yellow one )
holycaust

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have the test press of this split. if the clear has the matrix id scratched out, its from the same guy that did the yellow. its a very cool EP, the morbid angel track "funeral" is the only track Richard Brunelle ever wrote for the band.
peterott

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holycaust wrote:
i have the test press of this split. if the clear has the matrix id scratched out, its from the same guy that did the yellow. its a very cool EP, the morbid angel track "funeral" is the only track Richard Brunelle ever wrote for the band.

My clear blue vinyl doesn't have any matrix code...

But it means it wasn't released as Flexi 7" first ? And the sound was already with that quality on the testpress ?
holycaust

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterott wrote:
holycaust wrote:

My clear blue vinyl doesn't have any matrix code...

But it means it wasn't released as Flexi 7" first ? And the sound was already with that quality on the testpress ?

im 99% sure there is no flexi disc of this EP. if so, it certainly wasnt the first release of it, but more recent. the original bootleg was made in the usa, the bootleg of the bootleg was made in germany, but it seems now it was re-bootlegged more than once? dont know who did the other ones.
deathster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My EP is clear blue and on the cover there is stamped numbering (not printed like 666). On the vinyl (matrix?) there is SL-A and SL-B.
I also had another copy without numbered cover (clear blue EP) that I got from Hellion rec. in 1995.
Reaper's Grave

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is this a bootleg or original release? Never even heard of it, but very curious about it. How does it sound?
Matt Foley

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roy Necroharmonic wrote:

So, is Steve O'Bannon the guy responsible for the original bootleg? It wouldn't surprise me. That lowlife ripped off so many bands and customers (myself included)...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: