P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Toxic Holocaust-Perfect Strangers?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
tom245



Joined: 20 Jul 2007
Posts: 691

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn. Sold two Toxic Holocaust demos (radiation Sickness and split with Hellacaust) for 6 each a while back. Bet they're worth a lot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Uncolored



Joined: 19 Sep 2008
Posts: 1342
Location: Cagliari/Italy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reaper's Grave wrote:

It's because of the Perfect Strangers demo. I have asked around about it, and even people who are in contact with Joel since 2002-2003 had never heard about it


here a message from joel to metal-archives report queue:


July 29th, 2009
Posted at 16:33

the demo "Perfect Strangers" is not an official release. I set the priority as high because people have been bidding insane amount of money on this on ebay. last one went for $338!! Toxic Holocaust was added to the title to sell it on ebay. Please remove. By the way, this is Joel from Toxic Holocaust, so I would know bettter than anyone haha.


I'm going to delete that entry right now
_________________
Germaniac wrote:
Caller Of The Storms may be black, but he has an aryan heart.

SatanHussein wrote:
my dream is to organise a funeral doom festival and sell my stockpiles of antidepressants at the merch stand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
THRASHEADEREK



Joined: 10 Jun 2009
Posts: 899
Location: Portage, IN

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, because you deleted that entry I lost 143 points on MA. How was I supposed to know it was an unofficial release? Obviously many other people had heard of its existance and believed it to be legitimate.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Uncolored



Joined: 19 Sep 2008
Posts: 1342
Location: Cagliari/Italy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THRASHEADEREK wrote:
Okay, because you deleted that entry I lost 143 points on MA. How was I supposed to know it was an unofficial release? Obviously many other people had heard of its existance and believed it to be legitimate.


lucky you! usually people adding unofficial releases got instant durst.
if you are not sure of the release.... do not add it!!
_________________
Germaniac wrote:
Caller Of The Storms may be black, but he has an aryan heart.

SatanHussein wrote:
my dream is to organise a funeral doom festival and sell my stockpiles of antidepressants at the merch stand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
bornforburning



Joined: 21 Aug 2007
Posts: 1289
Location: Innsmouth/USA

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THRASHEADEREK wrote:
Okay, because you deleted that entry I lost 143 points on MA. How was I supposed to know it was an unofficial release? Obviously many other people had heard of its existance and believed it to be legitimate.

cool its like magic cards!
_________________
Y-PESTIS.COM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Caina



Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 971

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bornforburning wrote:
THRASHEADEREK wrote:
Okay, because you deleted that entry I lost 143 points on MA. How was I supposed to know it was an unofficial release? Obviously many other people had heard of its existance and believed it to be legitimate.

cool its like magic cards!


Laughing Laughing Laughing

I think THRASHEADEREK should wait two turns and counter with a Dragon's Flame. Or something.
_________________
ANUNG UN RAMA, SANCTI AB JURA

www.myspace.com/cainaband
http://www.last.fm/user/WilburWhateley

Good traders/sellers: Yosuke, Grief, s.charlach x2, Blekt , headnhalf x2, destrucSEAN, Sadovahr x3, GROUND ZERO Entertainment, Ykh
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sadovahr



Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Posts: 1084
Location: Neverland

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THRASHEADEREK wrote:
Okay, because you deleted that entry I lost 143 points on MA. How was I supposed to know it was an unofficial release? Obviously many other people had heard of its existance and believed it to be legitimate.


is life a bitch or what??? Laughing Laughing
_________________
Good sellers/traders & Trade/sell/want list
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Reaper's Grave



Joined: 28 Jan 2009
Posts: 2091
Location: Manchester, New Hampshire, USA

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncolored wrote:
Reaper's Grave wrote:

It's because of the Perfect Strangers demo. I have asked around about it, and even people who are in contact with Joel since 2002-2003 had never heard about it


here a message from joel to metal-archives report queue:


July 29th, 2009
Posted at 16:33

the demo "Perfect Strangers" is not an official release. I set the priority as high because people have been bidding insane amount of money on this on ebay. last one went for $338!! Toxic Holocaust was added to the title to sell it on ebay. Please remove. By the way, this is Joel from Toxic Holocaust, so I would know bettter than anyone haha.


I'm going to delete that entry right now


Was about to say this. I had heard too from someone in contact with Joel it was bootleg, then noticed Metal Archives found out.


Peter, the TH/Oprichniki I got for $20-25, but I'm not exactly sure how much it goes for. A lot have turned up lately so the price is rather low, but I'm sure if they stopped appearing a while, they will fetch a decent price again.

The hellacaust CD-R was being sold for about 15 euro at its highest I've seen, and the radiation sickness CD-R is also not very high price. The auction was high because of the unknown demo and bidding war near the end for it. Now that it's confirmed a bootleg from Joel, I'm sure the winner is pissed!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HisEmissary



Joined: 29 Jun 2008
Posts: 398

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone has any questions about releases, Toxic Holocaust is actually playing down the street from me tonight and I could just ask Joel. A friend of mine is drumming for them on this tour. Hooked em up with some greenery the other night. Partytime. Excellent.
_________________
NightBitch.org
One-master.net
Ipsissimus.gov
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
THRASHEADEREK



Joined: 10 Jun 2009
Posts: 899
Location: Portage, IN

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reaper's Grave wrote:
Peter, the TH/Oprichniki I got for $20-25, but I'm not exactly sure how much it goes for. A lot have turned up lately so the price is rather low, but I'm sure if they stopped appearing a while, they will fetch a decent price again.


Yeah there have been a shitload of them lately....and I haven't won any of them Evil or Very Mad
But I think a fair price right now would be around US$15-18 for the corrected version, and probably up to $22 for the original, uncorrected version.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Reaper's Grave



Joined: 28 Jan 2009
Posts: 2091
Location: Manchester, New Hampshire, USA

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THRASHEADEREK wrote:
Reaper's Grave wrote:
Peter, the TH/Oprichniki I got for $20-25, but I'm not exactly sure how much it goes for. A lot have turned up lately so the price is rather low, but I'm sure if they stopped appearing a while, they will fetch a decent price again.


Yeah there have been a shitload of them lately....and I haven't won any of them Evil or Very Mad
But I think a fair price right now would be around US$15-18 for the corrected version, and probably up to $22 for the original, uncorrected version.


Yeah I have the original with uncorrected sides. Still have interest in the correct version with the different cover though, perhaps will get that pressing eventually. Surprised the corrected version is less than the uncorrected as I see more of the originals turn up on ebay than the corrected ones.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NWN PROD



Joined: 10 May 2006
Posts: 16970
Location: SF Bay Area

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much do TH test presses go for these days?
_________________
NWN Fest Vol. IV Tickets here: http://nwnfest.storenvy.com/

Contact: nwnprod@gmail.com
Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
THRASHEADEREK



Joined: 10 Jun 2009
Posts: 899
Location: Portage, IN

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reaper's Grave wrote:
THRASHEADEREK wrote:
Reaper's Grave wrote:
Peter, the TH/Oprichniki I got for $20-25, but I'm not exactly sure how much it goes for. A lot have turned up lately so the price is rather low, but I'm sure if they stopped appearing a while, they will fetch a decent price again.


Yeah there have been a shitload of them lately....and I haven't won any of them Evil or Very Mad
But I think a fair price right now would be around US$15-18 for the corrected version, and probably up to $22 for the original, uncorrected version.


Yeah I have the original with uncorrected sides. Still have interest in the correct version with the different cover though, perhaps will get that pressing eventually. Surprised the corrected version is less than the uncorrected as I see more of the originals turn up on ebay than the corrected ones.

Well, that was just my estimation.
There is a corrected copy on ebay right now. The guy from Black Shit Noise is selling, auction ends tomorrow with no bids yet, so now would be a good time to get one. I can't because I'm bidding on some of his other shit and frankly, funds are very limited now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
THRASHEADEREK



Joined: 10 Jun 2009
Posts: 899
Location: Portage, IN

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
How much do TH test presses go for these days?

Not sure about your releases, but I think a Critical Mass test press in the picture disc sleeve went for like $80 or somewhere around there... but it was at the beginning of the year so my memory might be wrong Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
NWN PROD



Joined: 10 May 2006
Posts: 16970
Location: SF Bay Area

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I'll find out when I list it on egay
_________________
NWN Fest Vol. IV Tickets here: http://nwnfest.storenvy.com/

Contact: nwnprod@gmail.com
Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group