P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Bootleg or not?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
avrlabel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:52 am    Post subject: Bootleg or not? Reply with quote

Is this Asphyx Cd bootleg or not?

and see error its written The Back not the Rack

Thanx in advance...
peterott

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Century Media CD from 1991 says The Rack, is a black CD with silver/grey print, cat# is 9716-2

Though the cover is 90° rotated like your copy (just like some Unleasheed - Across the Open Sea CD) with more brown in the colours.
avrlabel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterott wrote:
My Century Media CD from 1991 says The Rack, is a black CD with silver/grey print, cat# is 9716-2

Though the cover is 90° rotated like your copy (just like some Unleasheed - Across the Open Sea CD) with more brown in the colours.

So Peter you dont know what exactly this can be?
peterott

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. That the catalogue-number is different, is strange. No idea, what pressing this is.
Albominator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greek Bootleg? I've heard that Unisound bastard was behind this "The Back" edition.
iron tyrant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

greek bootleg that apparently is sold at newsagents across the country.

Professor Black wrote:
NWOBHM is not a style of music.
avrlabel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking the same but need to confirmation..thanx guys!!!
wom

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterott wrote:
No. That the catalogue-number is different, is strange. No idea, what pressing this is.

Century media catalog numbers of that era start either with 9 (European pressings) or 7 (US pressings) ... in this release its indeed 9716-2 or 7716-2

Same goes for their other cds that i own (Tiamat - Astral Sleep, Morgoth - Cursed, Unleashed - Where no life etc), colours artwork isnt exactly the same too.

Best way is to check the cd matrix, US 1st pressings were made by DIDX
Opolus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Bootleg or not? Reply with quote

avrlabel wrote:
and see error its written The Back not the Rack

"The Back"? WTF??? Rolling Eyes
0%cured

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Tzanetatos FTW!! Laughing Laughing

This is Unisound's "pressing" of this album, definitely a bootleg of the worst quality. I really hope you didn't give more than 3 euros for this piece of shit. Another infamous one is INKI(I think I got the mispelling right, LOL).
Heliogabalus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most here are probably aware of this, but
century media has the debut and last one on
earth reissues for about 5 bucks in their distro.
The debut has a complete live show that is pretty damn good
Sadovahr

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

0%cured wrote:

Tzanetatos??? WTF??? It's been years since I've heard this name, is he still active in the scene? with Unisound? I still remember his zine 20+ years back (btw I'm still looking for copies of it). Godlike figure (= mega-retarded) hahahaha!!! Speaking of which here's an interview he gave. ROCK N ROLL Laughing Laughing His answers... WHOOOAAAAAAA Laughing Laughing Laughing

1. Please tell us how and where Decapitated was started.

Decapitated was the title of a fanzine I was running back in 1987. In 1989 we made an English version of this ‘zine and included a free ‘7 EP, compilation with domestic bands. This was the first vinyl/discographic approach which was finally transformed into record business up til today.

2. How many records did Decapitated release ?

Under the label Decapitated, we have the following titles:

ABHORER/NECROPHILE split lp DEC 002
ROTTING CHRIST "Passage To Arcturo" DEC 003/USR 003
ROTTING CHRIST "Dawn Of The Iconclast" ‘7/EP DEC 004
MORTUARY DRAPE "Into The Drape" MCD/LP DEC 005
ORDER FROM CHAOS "Stillbirth Machine" CD/LP/MC DEC 006

Now in 1998, there’s a schedule of starting Decapitated again as a sub- label of Unisound.

3. Why did you change the name to Unisound Records ?

Personally I didn’t like too much this firm and as comercial registered title. "Unisound" is actually more "professional" title and more close to describe a record company.

4. What does the name Unisound Records means ?

Just a combined commercial film. Basicly a general description of activities that deal with music, record business etc.

5. It is always very interesting (but sheer torture for the label manager) to hear label manager’s view on releases they released some years ago. Could you please give us a presentation of your releases on Decapitated and the first ten releases on Unisound Records. What is your views on them in hindsight ? Where are these bands now ?

Believe it or not, all back catalogue Decapitated/Unisound releases opened the door for the orientation of the socalled Black/Death Metal underground of the ’90. Besides of some poor layout that appeared in some releases (and which we be now corrected since we plan a re- release of all back catalogue with different layout), I must admit that most albums are just cult. Unfortunally, many old bands have split or just don’t make music anymore. It’s prooved that most bands that stop colabotation with a label have a declining career....

6. When you approach a band; what are the most important reasons for you to sign the band ?

If their music fits the current worldwide music standards, if they have a good musicianship...originality is not the most important factor since there are no more original bands..! Also, country of origin, public relations (especially for Hellenic bands), image, option fro future of permanent colaboration, available material and if they accept our financial terms.

7. Is it difficult to run a record label from Greece ? What is the main problems and advantages being based in Greece ?

It is difficult to run a specialized label (like a metal label for example). Production standards and offered services are in not satisfactory level. Most times we need to produce a whole production or parts of it (such as digi- packs in foreign countries) and this is also a big problem for several reasons. One more important reason is the geographical position in Europe. Being far away from the central Europe, you are automaticly kept away from the centre of business activities.. For example, a lable based in Germany can have direct contacts with border countries. Here in Hellas, with what countries business can be arranged ? With Albania ? With Bulgaria ? With Turkey ?!!!

8. What about the scene in Greece ? Are there other serious record labels in Greece who deserve our support ? Is there any interesting bands in Greece at the moment ?

There are no other profesional metal labels in Hellas, except some people who like to print some CDs or vinyl for their hobby or to have an extra pocket cash flow. The Hellenic scene is definatelly very important, fast growing and many interesting bands appear.

9. Without taking side in this conflict: The controversy around Order From Chaos "Stillbirth Machine" are one of the classic conflicts in the Death Metal scene. A ten foot high monument will soon be erected somewhere in Europe in memory of this conflict. What is your version of this conflict ?

I do not really understand what you mean about this conflict and if any conflic existing and between whom and for what reason.
The only existing conflict is between Unisound and Order From Chaos, Unisound and Wild R(F)ags, Wild Rags and Order From Chaos and so one...
We have all rights on this publication and that is all.

10. What is your release plan ? Could you please present these releases for us ?

We will appear in Pop Komm festival in Koln (Cologne in english -ed), Germany, Wacken Open Air fest, Germany in August 1998. We just had a stand in Dynamo, Eindhoven, Holland. Future plans include as told before a re- licence of all back catalogue with new improved layout (perhaps with digipacks, bonus tracks etc.), vinyl production (including collection item editions such as picture albums) and a metal magazine. We have also signed Forever Winter from Finland (Power/Black Metal) and Nocturnal Majesty from Italy (atmospheric, ritualistic Black Metal).

11. Besides of the release plan; what is your future plans for Unisound Records ?

Open a shop somewhere in the European community, publication of metal magazines in other countries in Europe and many more. If anybody feels he can co- operate, please do not hesitate to get in touch (address at the end of this interview -ed).

12. Finally; when you have closed the door to the Unisound Records office and desperate need a rest. What is your favorite music, except the kind of music you work with ?? What is your favorite past- time activities ?

Psychedelic trance, brutal tecno, Hellenic music, mainstream, kick boxing, gun- shooting, study of ancient Hellenic science.
I also plan to start a private bordello for me and friends (domestic and foreign)...
0%cured

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHAHA!! That interview ruled! Last answer was epic Laughing Laughing

On an issue of his 'zine he had a Blasphemy interview(which clearly was taken from a foreign 'zine and translated) in which he also translated the nicknames of the band members, just imagine that Laughing Laughing
He also had written(??) the most epic of all editorials, sth like "Why nowadays Black Metal sucks" (late 90's issue) Laughing Laughing Laughing

On another note, I don't think his active again, but I remember seeing "The Back" (with 2 more bootleg CDs) for sale in a news stand not more than a year ago
avrlabel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

0%cured wrote:

This is Unisound's "pressing" of this album, definitely a bootleg of the worst quality. I really hope you didn't give more than 3 euros for this piece of shit. Another infamous one is INKI(I think I got the mispelling right, LOL).

Actually I got it from friend...
TerrorFromBehind

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzanetatos RULES!!!!!
He's the best!! Laughing I 'll try to make a list sometime to show you how many bootlegs he has released. I am sure there are over 500 diferrent CDs (like this Asphyx one). He has pressed anauthorized copies of bands like Atheist, Nocturnus, Sentenced, Demolition Hammer, Sacred Reich, Katharsis, Moonblood, Nihilist, Therion, Unleashed, Samael, etc. But most of his bootlegs are from rare private pressings from bands like Militia, Lord, Commander etc. (top wanted ebay items). But the worse is that his CDs are mp3 sourced, sometimes even from corrupted files so the result is total piece of shit. But it is very easy to spot his pressings. The quality of the paper and fonts he's using on the spine of the CDs (like "The back") is remarkable from the first sight. Anyways, the funniest thing of all is that he has been taken to the court because some of these releases, but NOT as a pirate/thief of copyrighted releases, but as....a promoter of SATANISM and RACISM!!!! Hahahaha!!! It was even shown on the Greek TV news!!!! This is GREECE my friends!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: