P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Varathron - Stygian Forces of Scorn out now

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pazuzu

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject: Varathron - Stygian Forces of Scorn out now Reply with quote

Some samples can be heard here: http://www.deathtomankind.com/label/samples.php

Doesn't really sound like Varathron anymore, though.
"Order From Chaos, this band knows how to metal and they know how to satan and they most definitely know how to arghgh. It dosen't suck dick and thats why faggots don't like them. I have entered the stillbirth machine, I suggest you cum too."
dalecooper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, with all due respect to the old timers - and I love their first two albums, as well as the split with Necromantia - I've totally lost interest. I don't really get what they're going for any more. It's not completely uninteresting, but... meh. It just doesn't give me remotely the same feeling as their old material.
Wilhelm

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dalecooper wrote:
Yeah, with all due respect to the old timers - and I love their first two albums, as well as the split with Necromantia - I've totally lost interest. I don't really get what they're going for any more. It's not completely uninteresting, but... meh. It just doesn't give me remotely the same feeling as their old material.

Agreed. Varathron has more or less lost their direction as Septic Flesh and Necromantia have, and as Rotting Christ did when they were doing the gothic stuff. I guess it's natural though for musicians to want to change and move on to other styles of music- outside of Motorhead and AC/DC, who hasn't?

Go brush your doll's hair.
Sadovahr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our old-school scene is either dead or in great decadence. Stinks like the shit left under the sun for days, only the names and the legendary past remain. We had all these great bands like Rotting Christ, Varathron, Necromantia, Septic Flesh etc but now they are gone, history, gone into goth shit as Wilhelm very well said. Thankfuly we have many great newer extreme metal bands to fill the gap. I really hope that all these old-school bands quit before their humiliating commercial turn grows even further. Confused

Wilhelm wrote:
I guess it's natural though for musicians to want to change and move on to other styles of music- outside of Motorhead and AC/DC, who hasn't?

yeah that may be natural but in the same time there's a huge amount of bands doing their stuff as they should without compromising their music or attitude, but I guess for old-timers the change is more likely to happen. In the very end, fuck the old-timers, legendary or not and hail to the new blood Wink
Dodens Grav

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zemial, Agatus, and Kawir have taken Varathron, Necromantia, and Rotting Christ's positions as far as I'm concerned.
Karan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it is another band with the same name and logo...on it's own is not that bad, but nothing one would expect from them...sounds too modern and instead of showing true heavy metal influence it sounds more like power flower metal influence...
peterott

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Off-topic, sorry:

does anyone know if the Varathron / Chaotic Symmetry - Split 7" or MCD was ever released ? That was announced in 2005 by Blazing Prod., but I never heard anything again of it.
Conservationist
banned

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadovahr wrote:
Our old-school scene is either dead or in great decadence.

Well, or more accurately, the old school scene got replaced by newcomers who didn't understand it. But it lives on, although maybe not in this Varathron album Smile
Wilhelm

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked out those tracks. Vocally, Necroabyssious still has one of the best voices in black/death metal. However, his new collective of young bandmates has totally killed the very essence which made Varathron pre- 'Crowsreign' some of the most remarkable metal ever recorded.

Go brush your doll's hair.
Conservationist
banned

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dalecooper wrote:

Seems to be the consensus when comparisons to Iron Maiden come out:

Quote:

"The new album is like Iron Maiden: a solid effort that's highly musical, with exceptional keys and drumming, which although it doesn't have the mystical atmosphere and dramatic songs of earlier works, raises the bar on musicianship and composition in melodic black metal." - Vijay Prozak, Dark Legions Archive

"...A progressive heavy metal band hidden inside a black metal one. For those who like jazzy percussion, keyboards trading off primary rhythm role with guitar, and a rich textbook of riffs and quality jamming to them, this CD is a hidden gem." - Bret Stevens, Examiner

Band:
http://www.myspace.com/varathron
http://www.varathron.net/

Label:
http://www.deathtomankind.com/label/realeases_detaile.php?dtm=DTM030

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: