P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Morbid Angel
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is your favorite Morbid Angel album
Altars of Madness
64%
 64%  [ 67 ]
Blessed Are The Sick
17%
 17%  [ 18 ]
Covenant
10%
 10%  [ 11 ]
Domination
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Entangled in Chaos (Live)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Formulas Fatal To The Flesh
5%
 5%  [ 6 ]
Gateways to Annihilation
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Heretic
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 104

Author Message
morbid palace



Joined: 06 Jul 2009
Posts: 729

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Alters" is definitely the best, but "blessed" is also extremely good, but it's the first 4 that's good to me.
_________________
Reliable sellers/traders: ENOLA GOAT,LorteBrian, Adrian5118, Unholy Horde, Kapalika, gangraen, frghl, NUCTEMERON, RottingGrave, Blood on Satan's Claw
ripoff: madmaxxx, evildead80
www.killtowndeathfest.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ENOLA GOAT



Joined: 20 Nov 2008
Posts: 2595

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"blessed are the sick" for nostalgic reasons
_________________
WANT LIST
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DTK



Joined: 15 Mar 2009
Posts: 31
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:33 pm    Post subject: Morbid Angel Reply with quote

Ah, what a great band..

I have to go with Abominations of Desolation as best MA album.. The recording is totally blasphemous, damned and devastating! Can't understand why this album isn't more respected underground classic than it's now. One of the best albums ever, for my taste, along with likes of Hellhammer MLP, Sodom In the Sign of Evil MLP , Mercyful Fate MLP, Sarcofago Inri. The sound, the vision, rawness , just great ARRRGHH!

LORD OF ALL FEVERS AND PLAQUES!!!!
_________________
"Fuck the Bodom, We give you Sodom!"
"HEAVY METAL TRADICIONALISTA"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GoldenBull



Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7156

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nonwave wrote:
"blessed are the sick" has my two favorite morbid angel songs: "thy kingdom come" and "unholy blasphemies", so i have to go with


Those are my two favorites two, for 16 years running, haha! Good taste!
_________________
Weltbrand wrote:
I actually had Emperor in mind for some reason, but yeah the same logic would apply to a shredded goat man with his dick flapping in the wind.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
morbiddeceiver



Joined: 16 Jun 2009
Posts: 2700
Location: USA

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arkangellus wrote:
Where is Abominations of Desolation? Altars is second.


Abominations Of Desolation is the epitome of Death Metal. A true Death Metal masterpiece!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
morbiddeceiver



Joined: 16 Jun 2009
Posts: 2700
Location: USA

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Morbid Angel Reply with quote

DTK wrote:
Ah, what a great band..

I have to go with Abominations of Desolation as best MA album.. The recording is totally blasphemous, damned and devastating! Can't understand why this album isn't more respected underground classic than it's now. One of the best albums ever, for my taste, along with likes of Hellhammer MLP, Sodom In the Sign of Evil MLP , Mercyful Fate MLP, Sarcofago Inri. The sound, the vision, rawness , just great ARRRGHH!

LORD OF ALL FEVERS AND PLAQUES!!!!


DTK hit the nail on the head !!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
morbiddeceiver



Joined: 16 Jun 2009
Posts: 2700
Location: USA

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoldenBull wrote:
nonwave wrote:
"blessed are the sick" has my two favorite morbid angel songs: "thy kingdom come" and "unholy blasphemies", so i have to go with


Those are my two favorites two, for 16 years running, haha! Good taste!


I prefer the original versions on their 'Thy Kingdom Come' Demo and Official Rehearsal 1-30-1987
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
20 Buck Spin



Joined: 25 Mar 2009
Posts: 1109

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Altars is my favorite. But I worship Abominations - Domination. Anything post Vincent I can't tolerate. However cliche that may be and even though he looks like a complete tool now in those stupid PVC leather jumpsuits.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
GoldenBull



Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7156

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

morbiddeceiver wrote:
GoldenBull wrote:
nonwave wrote:
"blessed are the sick" has my two favorite morbid angel songs: "thy kingdom come" and "unholy blasphemies", so i have to go with


Those are my two favorites two, for 16 years running, haha! Good taste!


I prefer the original versions on their 'Thy Kingdom Come' Demo and Official Rehearsal 1-30-1987


I think most people would say that, I just think the album versions are heavier and just...better.
_________________
Weltbrand wrote:
I actually had Emperor in mind for some reason, but yeah the same logic would apply to a shredded goat man with his dick flapping in the wind.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nonwave



Joined: 22 Jun 2009
Posts: 1284
Location: Brookyn, NY

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Entangled in Chaos" really rules though . . . if you like David Vincent at all (i like him fine), it's sort of his peak as a vocalist.

there are different changes in "thy kingdom come" and "unholy blasphemies" on the demo that sound unnecessarily jerky to me, so i really like the album versions better. let's face it - those are basically party-time classic rock anthems!

vomit upon the cross and burn the book of lies!
_________________
http://www.ugEXPLODE.com
The finest in unrelieved tension since 1991
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Nolan_B



Joined: 12 Jun 2009
Posts: 663
Location: USA

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morbid Angel's second symphony does it for me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kosmas



Joined: 12 Mar 2009
Posts: 533
Location: Greece

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where's the everything option ? Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blodhemn9



Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 5054
Location: Chicago

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kosmas wrote:
Where's the everything option ? Laughing


Laughing
Thats why I said "Favorite" and not "Best" Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blodhemn9



Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 5054
Location: Chicago

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nonwave wrote:
"Entangled in Chaos" really rules though . . . if you like David Vincent at all (i like him fine), it's sort of his peak as a vocalist.

there are different changes in "thy kingdom come" and "unholy blasphemies" on the demo that sound unnecessarily jerky to me, so i really like the album versions better. let's face it - those are basically party-time classic rock anthems!

vomit upon the cross and burn the book of lies!


I like the songs on Entangled in Chaos musically, but I don't like Vincent's "Domination"...style vocals applied to the old classics... you know what I mean?

The only song on there that sounds great with those vocals is "Domination"....(the best version of the track, IMO)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kosmas



Joined: 12 Mar 2009
Posts: 533
Location: Greece

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:
I like the songs on Entangled in Chaos musically, but I don't like Vincent's "Domination"...style vocals applied to the old classics... you know what I mean?

The only song on there that sounds great with those vocals is "Domination"....(the best version of the track, IMO)


I think you are right here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group