P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Sell me on "Bestial Metal"
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pro Abortion

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:56 pm    Post subject: Sell me on "Bestial Metal" Reply with quote

Besides the classics (Oath of Black Blood, Blasphemy's discography), what is a top 5 of undernoticed bestial/war classics? I just can't get into Proclamation, for instance, and I'm trying to get on the same page as all of you. what releases am I missing? I LOVE Blasphemy and Beherit by the way, but Morbosidad or Proclamation, as I said, is just kind of 'meh,' to me. is Conqueror worthy?
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in the same boat as you, I just can't get into 99% of this stuff. However, Diocletian-Doom Cult is one of the best I have heard in this style, I highly recommend that one. There is a lot more going on than in your average bestiafukkult album.

Embrace of Thorns and Teitanblood's latest records are fantastic as well, though they don't fit entirely into that category (which I gather is kinda what you want).

EDIT: Forgot Black Witchery "Desecration...", which is the only pure bestial black metal album I like all the way through.
The_Elite

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't like it why not listen to something you do like?
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Continuously searching for greatness is what music is all about, at least for me (can't speak for anyone else though).
spectre

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Elite wrote:
If you don't like it why not listen to something you do like?

that's exactly what I do. Even the supposed "classics" don't do anything for me.
Primitivehatemagick

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoldenBull wrote:
Continuously searching for greatness is what music is all about, at least for me (can't speak for anyone else though).

+1

As for recommendations, I agree that Diocletian & Embrace of Thorns are both fucking killer.

I've got Diocletian's Decimator MCD & Sect of Swords EP and they're both great imo. Still have yet to hear Doom Cult, unfortunately. Anyone have this CD for trade?

trade/sale/wantlist
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=96528#96528
dalecooper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the same situation too; I like a few of the classics but the overall genre somewhat eludes me. I'm not actively trying to correct that, though I give every new release that has some buzz a shot to win me over. Teitanblood's album is fantastic.
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarcofago's "I.N.R.I" is mandatory

Bestial Warlust's "Vengeance War Till Death" is great also...much 'looser' than Proclamation (who don't do much more me), features Destroyer 666 guys...

Teitanblood - all

Sepultura- "Morbid Visions" is a classic also.
CR99

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holocausto, Exterminator & Genocidio are pretty crude. If you like the Beherit demos you should get into those.
Disgusting

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try exterminate from chile, they are really fuckin great and damaar from libanon demo, they are total fuckin chaos

Last edited by Disgusting on Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
nonwave

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hear ya . . . anything can become cliche . . . no more goats!

i love bestial warlust. capra hircus did a nice demo. i liked what i heard of deiphago. conqueror and morbosidad are good. i'm into really noisy stuff, but it has to have direction and some kind of actual clarity in terms of execution, regardless of how inept or chaotic it is.

i like the idea of proclamation, but the execution doesn't work for me.
Nolan_B

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CR99 wrote:
Holocausto, Exterminator & Genocidio are pretty crude. If you like the Beherit demos you should get into those.

Holocausto... amazing; Genocidio... pretty damn good...; Exterminator... worthless.
vugelnox

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm one of those weirdos here who much prefers Bestial Warlust to Beherit or Blasphemy (although I quite like them too).

I'll chime in with the Diocletian recommendation, that album is just as savage as anything else in the style but the songwriting is considerably more varied. Plenty of churning doom sections and you might go so far as to say catchy!

As for Conqueror I dig em but that is a real love-it-or-hate-it sort of band, their approach doesn't lend itself to a lukewarm reception. You'll hear War Cult Supremacy and either get a stiffy or turn it off in disgust.

I always make a strong case for some of the other Canadian bands like Axis of Advance (my personal favorite but like Embrace of Thorns or Teitanblood they include a bit of other influences as well), Rites of Thy Degringolade, Sacramentary Abolishment (that band never gets much respect anymore), or Revenge. Good stuff all around!
CR99

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nolan_B wrote:
Exterminator... worthless.

They are at least the ones with the worst production and talents, but it's one of my favourites. If one loves the Beherit demos I surely recommend to check this one out.
Dhorshonkari

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Sell me on "Bestial Metal" Reply with quote

Pro Abortion wrote:
Besides the classics (Oath of Black Blood, Blasphemy's discography), what is a top 5 of undernoticed bestial/war classics? I just can't get into Proclamation, for instance, and I'm trying to get on the same page as all of you. what releases am I missing? I LOVE Blasphemy and Beherit by the way, but Morbosidad or Proclamation, as I said, is just kind of 'meh,' to me. is Conqueror worthy?

I cannot stand Proclamation. Dude, all you need is Hadez old stuff, Impurity, Bloody Cross, Von and Abhorer.

- When comes the vinyl??

- Who is stocking the vinyl in Europe???

- What distros have the vinyl in North America????

- Looks like the vinyl is sold out everywhere.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: