P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Sell me on "Bestial Metal"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tireheb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOATPENIS yes! All the way from the Suppurated Fetus demos to the latest tape ep.
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PxRxPx wrote:
I'm pretty fond of Archgoat's "Whore of Bethlehem" LP. The guitars are actually audible, and the vocals are completely inhuman. I have no idea what effects are on the vox, but this release crushes.

Agreed 100%. That album is fucking amazing....absolutely perfect in just about everyway. The follow up "The Light Devouring Darkness" really dissapointed me. Its still decent, but lacks the great riffs and vocals of WoB.

I saw them live last month and the vocals sounded exactly the same live as they did on Whore of Bethlehem....perhaps even more brutal.
CR99

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

never got into the suppurated fetus recordings but most of the goatpenis recordings are pretty great.
Rhabdovirus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hades Archer from Chile
-Reviler from Brasil
destroyer_of_worlds

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Primitivehatemagick wrote:
Morphic wrote:
is it ok not to like proclamation now? i don't get the fuzz about them since they started surfacing but anyway:

(early) impaled nazarene
sadistik exekution - the magus
bestial summoning - dark war
bestial warlust
impiety - demos and 7"
abhorer
profanatica
sarcofago
sodom - in the sign of evil
bathory - the return
black crucifixion (not dark crucifixion ok?)
imperator from poland

the new ones, including the new ones who claimed like they belong to the old ones for some cult reason, doing this thing were ALL useless!

Bestial Summoning is an incredible band, but i'd never refer to them as bestial black metal. Nor Profanatica Wink

In actuality, none of the bands mentioned by Primitivehatemagick are bestial. In their heydays they are simply called black metal, even Blasphemy and Beherit.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the first mention of bestial was like the late 90s with R. Forster's interview with Conqueror - BESTIAL BLACK DEATH DEVASTATION. If that is so, then the term bestial is only for the new ones from the late 90s up to today, meaning NOT ALL are useless.
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

destroyer_of_worlds wrote:
Morphic wrote:
is it ok not to like proclamation now? i don't get the fuzz about them since they started surfacing but anyway:

(early) impaled nazarene
bestial warlust
impiety - demos and 7"
abhorer
profanatica
sarcofago
bathory - the return
imperator from poland

the new ones, including the new ones who claimed like they belong to the old ones for some cult reason, doing this thing were ALL useless!

Bestial Summoning is an incredible band, but i'd never refer to them as bestial black metal. Nor Profanatica Wink

In actuality, none of the bands mentioned by Primitivehatemagick are bestial. In their heydays they are simply called black metal, even Blasphemy and Beherit.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the first mention of bestial was like the late 90s with R. Forster's interview with Conqueror - BESTIAL BLACK DEATH DEVASTATION. If that is so, then the term bestial is only for the new ones from the late 90s up to today, meaning NOT ALL are useless.

Who gives a fuck what it was called when it came out, what it's called now, and who 'invented' the term and when?? We ALL know what is meant by "Bestial" when it comes to metal, and Beherit/Sarcofago/Blasphemy come to mind immediatly when the term is mentioned, regardless of the 'fact' that they released their seminal albums before Forster spoke from the mountain top.
destroyer_of_worlds

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:
Morphic wrote:

(early) impaled nazarene
bestial warlust
impiety - demos and 7"
abhorer
profanatica
sarcofago
bathory - the return
imperator from poland

Who gives a fuck what it was called when it came out, what it's called now, and who 'invented' the term and when?? We ALL know what is meant by "Bestial" when it comes to metal, and Beherit/Sarcofago/Blasphemy come to mind immediatly when the term is mentioned, regardless of the 'fact' that they released their seminal albums before Forster spoke from the mountain top.

So, you really think you know your "bestial"? Well, good for you. Let ignorants be ignorants. Your argument is something like this:
Black metal is Bathory
Bathory is influenced by Discharge
Therefore Discharge is Black Metal.

or

Napalm Death is Grindcore
Napalm Death is influenced by Cryptic Slaughter
Therefore Cryptic Slaughter is Grindcore

Beherit/Sarcofago/Blasphemy are bands that influenced the bestial genre not necesarilly making them bestial.
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:
Morphic wrote:

(early) impaled nazarene
bestial warlust
impiety - demos and 7"
abhorer
profanatica
sarcofago
bathory - the return
imperator from poland

So, you really think you know your "bestial"? Well, good for you. Let ignorants be ignorants. Your argument is something like this:
Black metal is Bathory
Bathory is influenced by Discharge
Therefore Discharge is Black Metal.

or

Napalm Death is Grindcore
Napalm Death is influenced by Cryptic Slaughter
Therefore Cryptic Slaughter is Grindcore

Beherit/Sarcofago/Blasphemy are bands that influenced the bestial genre not necesarilly making them bestial.

I think you are mistaking your logical criticism there. Nowhere does he specify that if a band is influenced by x band, then the influence is of the same genre. It does not appear to be assumed either.
(Sorry if that is nitpicky, I'm in the middle of studying for the lsat and have this shit stuck in my head)
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At no point in my reply did I say that if a band is influenced by a band, the influencial band is the same genre as the band it influenced.

Is it really necessary to argue semantics?? All this genre labeling is at a point where it's beyond ridiculous. I think it's more than accurate to say that at least 90% of the people on here that are fans of this music would call Blasphemy a representative of the 'bestial' sub-genre.

I'll have to check the Library of Congress to see if R.Forster's interview is the official beginning of 'bestial' being used to describe a metal band. Rolling Eyes
decimator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its more that the term has been coined and now finally theres a word to associate with that particular sound. Simply defining them as Black Metal because thats all they could think of at the time is ignorant in itself, with the genre being as broad as it is.

I think most people instantly think of those old black/death bands when hearing the word, and probably less likely to think of the newer ones.
Though i was under the impression that both conqueror and revenge went by the term "war metal" rather than bestial black metal.

Trade/Sale References: IXTAB, Unholy Horde, Kakarot SS5, DSS, Lohmarizer, CultofVomit
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

decimator wrote:
Its more that the term has been coined and now finally theres a word to associate with that particular sound. Simply defining them as Black Metal because thats all they could think of at the time is ignorant in itself, with the genre being as broad as it is.

I think most people instantly think of those old black/death bands when hearing the word, and probably less likely to think of the newer ones.
Though i was under the impression that both conqueror and revenge went by the term "war metal" rather than bestial black metal.

Isn't "war metal" an uncool term now? Laughing

Anyway, I think that based on the first post he isn't going to enjoy Conqueror or Revenge, or any of the bands identical to them very much.
Conservationist might be correct in just advising to stick with the classics, as this genre is so obsessed with self reference that it is almost impossible to find originality (IF that is what you are looking for, of course not all are).
I stand by Diocletian, Teitanblood and Embrace of Thorns.
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="decimator"]Its more that the term has been coined and now finally theres a word to associate with that particular sound. Simply defining them as Black Metal because thats all they could think of at the time is ignorant in itself, with the genre being as broad as it is.

EXACTLY

EXACTLY
IXTAB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

decimator wrote:

While reading this whole thread I've been thinking that personally (and these categories are all kind of defined personally anyways), CONQUEROR and REVENGE don't fit under a label with these other bands. Whether you want to call it "war metal" or something else, they are far more violent than what I think of as bestial. Listening to these two bands in particular makes me want to go and break things. Not so much with the others.
3. Unidentified band photos and youtube links
4. Memes
5. Ebonics

e-mail ixtab[at]nwnprod[dot]com regarding forum account activation or problems
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoldenBull wrote:
decimator wrote:

Isn't "war metal" an uncool term now? Laughing

Anyway, I think that based on the first post he isn't going to enjoy Conqueror or Revenge, or any of the bands identical to them very much.
Conservationist might be correct in just advising to stick with the classics, as this genre is so obsessed with self reference that it is almost impossible to find originality (IF that is what you are looking for, of course not all are).
I stand by Diocletian, Teitanblood and Embrace of Thorns.

In this genre, the classics are pretty much the best, with Teitanblood being the one great exception in my book. However, it seems like he missed out on a few of the classics (Sarcofago,INRI and Bestial Warlust), so it was good that he started the thread .hopefully he checks them out !!!

Finding that killer record/band that slipped under your radar is one of the best things about being a metal fan!
IXTAB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit:
GoldenBull wrote:
pre-most-recent-album Teitanblood and Embrace of Thorns.

3. Unidentified band photos and youtube links
4. Memes
5. Ebonics

e-mail ixtab[at]nwnprod[dot]com regarding forum account activation or problems
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: