P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Sell me on "Bestial Metal"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Tireheb



Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 6149
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOATPENIS yes! All the way from the Suppurated Fetus demos to the latest tape ep.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blodhemn9



Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 5082
Location: Chicago

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PxRxPx wrote:
I'm pretty fond of Archgoat's "Whore of Bethlehem" LP. The guitars are actually audible, and the vocals are completely inhuman. I have no idea what effects are on the vox, but this release crushes.


Agreed 100%. That album is fucking amazing....absolutely perfect in just about everyway. The follow up "The Light Devouring Darkness" really dissapointed me. Its still decent, but lacks the great riffs and vocals of WoB.

I saw them live last month and the vocals sounded exactly the same live as they did on Whore of Bethlehem....perhaps even more brutal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CR99



Joined: 26 May 2007
Posts: 9630
Location: M�lheim an der Ruhr/Germany

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

never got into the suppurated fetus recordings but most of the goatpenis recordings are pretty great.
_________________
Good/Bad traders list
Trade/Salelist
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rhabdovirus



Joined: 21 Nov 2008
Posts: 28

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hades Archer from Chile
-Reviler from Brasil
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
destroyer_of_worlds



Joined: 06 Apr 2009
Posts: 48

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Primitivehatemagick wrote:
Morphic wrote:
is it ok not to like proclamation now? i don't get the fuzz about them since they started surfacing but anyway:

(early) impaled nazarene
sadistik exekution - the magus
bestial summoning - dark war
bestial warlust
impiety - demos and 7"
abhorer
profanatica
sarcofago
sodom - in the sign of evil
bathory - the return
black crucifixion (not dark crucifixion ok?)
imperator from poland

the new ones, including the new ones who claimed like they belong to the old ones for some cult reason, doing this thing were ALL useless!



Bestial Summoning is an incredible band, but i'd never refer to them as bestial black metal. Nor Profanatica Wink


In actuality, none of the bands mentioned by Primitivehatemagick are bestial. In their heydays they are simply called black metal, even Blasphemy and Beherit.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the first mention of bestial was like the late 90s with R. Forster's interview with Conqueror - BESTIAL BLACK DEATH DEVASTATION. If that is so, then the term bestial is only for the new ones from the late 90s up to today, meaning NOT ALL are useless.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blodhemn9



Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 5082
Location: Chicago

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

destroyer_of_worlds wrote:
Primitivehatemagick wrote:
Morphic wrote:
is it ok not to like proclamation now? i don't get the fuzz about them since they started surfacing but anyway:

(early) impaled nazarene
sadistik exekution - the magus
bestial summoning - dark war
bestial warlust
impiety - demos and 7"
abhorer
profanatica
sarcofago
sodom - in the sign of evil
bathory - the return
black crucifixion (not dark crucifixion ok?)
imperator from poland

the new ones, including the new ones who claimed like they belong to the old ones for some cult reason, doing this thing were ALL useless!



Bestial Summoning is an incredible band, but i'd never refer to them as bestial black metal. Nor Profanatica Wink


In actuality, none of the bands mentioned by Primitivehatemagick are bestial. In their heydays they are simply called black metal, even Blasphemy and Beherit.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the first mention of bestial was like the late 90s with R. Forster's interview with Conqueror - BESTIAL BLACK DEATH DEVASTATION. If that is so, then the term bestial is only for the new ones from the late 90s up to today, meaning NOT ALL are useless.


Who gives a fuck what it was called when it came out, what it's called now, and who 'invented' the term and when?? We ALL know what is meant by "Bestial" when it comes to metal, and Beherit/Sarcofago/Blasphemy come to mind immediatly when the term is mentioned, regardless of the 'fact' that they released their seminal albums before Forster spoke from the mountain top.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
destroyer_of_worlds



Joined: 06 Apr 2009
Posts: 48

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:
destroyer_of_worlds wrote:
Primitivehatemagick wrote:
Morphic wrote:
is it ok not to like proclamation now? i don't get the fuzz about them since they started surfacing but anyway:

(early) impaled nazarene
sadistik exekution - the magus
bestial summoning - dark war
bestial warlust
impiety - demos and 7"
abhorer
profanatica
sarcofago
sodom - in the sign of evil
bathory - the return
black crucifixion (not dark crucifixion ok?)
imperator from poland

the new ones, including the new ones who claimed like they belong to the old ones for some cult reason, doing this thing were ALL useless!



Bestial Summoning is an incredible band, but i'd never refer to them as bestial black metal. Nor Profanatica Wink


In actuality, none of the bands mentioned by Primitivehatemagick are bestial. In their heydays they are simply called black metal, even Blasphemy and Beherit.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the first mention of bestial was like the late 90s with R. Forster's interview with Conqueror - BESTIAL BLACK DEATH DEVASTATION. If that is so, then the term bestial is only for the new ones from the late 90s up to today, meaning NOT ALL are useless.


Who gives a fuck what it was called when it came out, what it's called now, and who 'invented' the term and when?? We ALL know what is meant by "Bestial" when it comes to metal, and Beherit/Sarcofago/Blasphemy come to mind immediatly when the term is mentioned, regardless of the 'fact' that they released their seminal albums before Forster spoke from the mountain top.


So, you really think you know your "bestial"? Well, good for you. Let ignorants be ignorants. Your argument is something like this:
Black metal is Bathory
Bathory is influenced by Discharge
Therefore Discharge is Black Metal.

or

Napalm Death is Grindcore
Napalm Death is influenced by Cryptic Slaughter
Therefore Cryptic Slaughter is Grindcore

Beherit/Sarcofago/Blasphemy are bands that influenced the bestial genre not necesarilly making them bestial.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GoldenBull



Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7191

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

destroyer_of_worlds wrote:
blodhemn9 wrote:
destroyer_of_worlds wrote:
Primitivehatemagick wrote:
Morphic wrote:
is it ok not to like proclamation now? i don't get the fuzz about them since they started surfacing but anyway:

(early) impaled nazarene
sadistik exekution - the magus
bestial summoning - dark war
bestial warlust
impiety - demos and 7"
abhorer
profanatica
sarcofago
sodom - in the sign of evil
bathory - the return
black crucifixion (not dark crucifixion ok?)
imperator from poland

the new ones, including the new ones who claimed like they belong to the old ones for some cult reason, doing this thing were ALL useless!



Bestial Summoning is an incredible band, but i'd never refer to them as bestial black metal. Nor Profanatica Wink


In actuality, none of the bands mentioned by Primitivehatemagick are bestial. In their heydays they are simply called black metal, even Blasphemy and Beherit.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the first mention of bestial was like the late 90s with R. Forster's interview with Conqueror - BESTIAL BLACK DEATH DEVASTATION. If that is so, then the term bestial is only for the new ones from the late 90s up to today, meaning NOT ALL are useless.


Who gives a fuck what it was called when it came out, what it's called now, and who 'invented' the term and when?? We ALL know what is meant by "Bestial" when it comes to metal, and Beherit/Sarcofago/Blasphemy come to mind immediatly when the term is mentioned, regardless of the 'fact' that they released their seminal albums before Forster spoke from the mountain top.


So, you really think you know your "bestial"? Well, good for you. Let ignorants be ignorants. Your argument is something like this:
Black metal is Bathory
Bathory is influenced by Discharge
Therefore Discharge is Black Metal.

or

Napalm Death is Grindcore
Napalm Death is influenced by Cryptic Slaughter
Therefore Cryptic Slaughter is Grindcore

Beherit/Sarcofago/Blasphemy are bands that influenced the bestial genre not necesarilly making them bestial.


I think you are mistaking your logical criticism there. Nowhere does he specify that if a band is influenced by x band, then the influence is of the same genre. It does not appear to be assumed either.
(Sorry if that is nitpicky, I'm in the middle of studying for the lsat and have this shit stuck in my head)
_________________
Weltbrand wrote:
I actually had Emperor in mind for some reason, but yeah the same logic would apply to a shredded goat man with his dick flapping in the wind.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blodhemn9



Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 5082
Location: Chicago

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At no point in my reply did I say that if a band is influenced by a band, the influencial band is the same genre as the band it influenced.

Is it really necessary to argue semantics?? All this genre labeling is at a point where it's beyond ridiculous. I think it's more than accurate to say that at least 90% of the people on here that are fans of this music would call Blasphemy a representative of the 'bestial' sub-genre.

I'll have to check the Library of Congress to see if R.Forster's interview is the official beginning of 'bestial' being used to describe a metal band. Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
decimator



Joined: 10 Nov 2008
Posts: 153
Location: Australia

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its more that the term has been coined and now finally theres a word to associate with that particular sound. Simply defining them as Black Metal because thats all they could think of at the time is ignorant in itself, with the genre being as broad as it is.

I think most people instantly think of those old black/death bands when hearing the word, and probably less likely to think of the newer ones.
Though i was under the impression that both conqueror and revenge went by the term "war metal" rather than bestial black metal.
_________________
Tradelist: http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=293828

Trade/Sale References: IXTAB, Unholy Horde, Kakarot SS5, DSS, Lohmarizer, CultofVomit
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GoldenBull



Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7191

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

decimator wrote:
Its more that the term has been coined and now finally theres a word to associate with that particular sound. Simply defining them as Black Metal because thats all they could think of at the time is ignorant in itself, with the genre being as broad as it is.

I think most people instantly think of those old black/death bands when hearing the word, and probably less likely to think of the newer ones.
Though i was under the impression that both conqueror and revenge went by the term "war metal" rather than bestial black metal.


Isn't "war metal" an uncool term now? Laughing

Anyway, I think that based on the first post he isn't going to enjoy Conqueror or Revenge, or any of the bands identical to them very much.
Conservationist might be correct in just advising to stick with the classics, as this genre is so obsessed with self reference that it is almost impossible to find originality (IF that is what you are looking for, of course not all are).
I stand by Diocletian, Teitanblood and Embrace of Thorns.
_________________
Weltbrand wrote:
I actually had Emperor in mind for some reason, but yeah the same logic would apply to a shredded goat man with his dick flapping in the wind.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blodhemn9



Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 5082
Location: Chicago

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="decimator"]Its more that the term has been coined and now finally theres a word to associate with that particular sound. Simply defining them as Black Metal because thats all they could think of at the time is ignorant in itself, with the genre being as broad as it is.

EXACTLY

I think most people instantly think of those old black/death bands when hearing the word, and probably less likely to think of the newer ones.

EXACTLY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IXTAB
Site Admin


Joined: 15 May 2008
Posts: 3380
Location: Metalapolis, MN

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

decimator wrote:

Though i was under the impression that both conqueror and revenge went by the term "war metal" rather than bestial black metal.


While reading this whole thread I've been thinking that personally (and these categories are all kind of defined personally anyways), CONQUEROR and REVENGE don't fit under a label with these other bands. Whether you want to call it "war metal" or something else, they are far more violent than what I think of as bestial. Listening to these two bands in particular makes me want to go and break things. Not so much with the others.
_________________
THINGS THAT WILL BE DELETED:
1. Ghost and Watain threads
2. Image signatures
3. Unidentified band photos and youtube links
4. Memes
5. Ebonics

e-mail ixtab[at]nwnprod[dot]com regarding forum account activation or problems
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
blodhemn9



Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 5082
Location: Chicago

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoldenBull wrote:
decimator wrote:
Its more that the term has been coined and now finally theres a word to associate with that particular sound. Simply defining them as Black Metal because thats all they could think of at the time is ignorant in itself, with the genre being as broad as it is.

I think most people instantly think of those old black/death bands when hearing the word, and probably less likely to think of the newer ones.
Though i was under the impression that both conqueror and revenge went by the term "war metal" rather than bestial black metal.


Isn't "war metal" an uncool term now? Laughing

Anyway, I think that based on the first post he isn't going to enjoy Conqueror or Revenge, or any of the bands identical to them very much.
Conservationist might be correct in just advising to stick with the classics, as this genre is so obsessed with self reference that it is almost impossible to find originality (IF that is what you are looking for, of course not all are).
I stand by Diocletian, Teitanblood and Embrace of Thorns.


In this genre, the classics are pretty much the best, with Teitanblood being the one great exception in my book. However, it seems like he missed out on a few of the classics (Sarcofago,INRI and Bestial Warlust), so it was good that he started the thread .hopefully he checks them out !!!

Finding that killer record/band that slipped under your radar is one of the best things about being a metal fan!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IXTAB
Site Admin


Joined: 15 May 2008
Posts: 3380
Location: Metalapolis, MN

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit:
GoldenBull wrote:
pre-most-recent-album Teitanblood and Embrace of Thorns.

_________________
THINGS THAT WILL BE DELETED:
1. Ghost and Watain threads
2. Image signatures
3. Unidentified band photos and youtube links
4. Memes
5. Ebonics

e-mail ixtab[at]nwnprod[dot]com regarding forum account activation or problems
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group